Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 09:54 AM   #1  

Question Tai Chi Anyone??

--Hello All--
Just curious if any of you have tried tai chi, and if its worked. I heard its good for body and mind. Sorry if its already been posted somewhere, but I couldnt find it, if it has been could you direct me to where it is?

Thanks a million~
RachieD
Old 10-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

I took Tai Chi Chuan for a semester in college. It's a very calming exercise, like moving meditation really. More so than yoga (for me anyway.)

It makes you more balanced mentally and promotes physical balance too... but I wouldn't call it a big calorie-burner

If you want to feel "zen" and de-stress, then go for it, but don't expect it to crank up your metabolism much. At least, the version I took was not high intensity. Perhaps there are other styles that are?

Have fun!
Sarah
Closed Thread