Old 04-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #1  
Sweat Is Fat Crying

S/C/G: 332/259.0/210

Height: 6' 4.5"

Default Men's NSV - Share yours as they happen.

Apologies if there is a men's NSV thread here but i checked over the last 7 pages and didn't find any.

Anyway i'll get the ball rolling, i finally have collar bones that are starting to protrude out, and i keep touching them because i havent been able to feel them like this since i was 8! It's blowing my mind.
IrishLad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I'm still waiting for mine IrishLad!

However, I did fit into a pair of 36 inch waist slim fit trousers yesterday. And I also bought a fitted shirt! Biggies for me.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Got the collar bone thing happening as well. Down from size 54-56 pants to a size 46-48. Shirt size has dropped from a 3xlt down to a 2xlt.

Can comfortably sit in chair with arms, more importantly I can get out of the bloody thing without it sticking to my azz.

Have been able to move around much easier without huffing and puffing as much - still a ways to go on that one obviously.

Sitting in my recliner my hips are not touching the arms, same thing with my truck seat my hips aren't touching the door panel and the center console.

Had to purge almost all of my closet - most clothing wasn't fitting.

Went to work and didn't actually wear a sweater vest or some other top over my shirt to try to hide the "rolls". Believe me, the rolls are still there just not as big anymore.

Not snoring as much as reported by DW, actually I seem to be sleeping better than I have in years.

Not taking any acid reflux medication for the last two months.

Actually looking in a mirror - something my DW is telling me I do quite frequently now - to see how good I look not to check how horrible I look or if my clothing is covering me the most/best it can.

Starting to think about the future in terms of what do I look forward to doing when my weight loss journey is completed, not sitting and thinking about all the things I can't/won't be able to do because of my weight.
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations, guys!!!
TheWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #5  

Got another one,

The wife just back from shopping, she picked me up a pair of sweat pants and for the first time in I don't know how long she was able to buy them at a store that did not contain Big or Tall in the name.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #6  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Got the collar bone thing happening as well. Down from size 54-56 pants to a size 46-48. Shirt size has dropped from a 3xlt down to a 2xlt.

Can comfortably sit in chair with arms, more importantly I can get out of the bloody thing without it sticking to my azz.

Have been able to move around much easier without huffing and puffing as much - still a ways to go on that one obviously.

Sitting in my recliner my hips are not touching the arms, same thing with my truck seat my hips aren't touching the door panel and the center console.

Had to purge almost all of my closet - most clothing wasn't fitting.

Went to work and didn't actually wear a sweater vest or some other top over my shirt to try to hide the "rolls". Believe me, the rolls are still there just not as big anymore.

Not snoring as much as reported by DW, actually I seem to be sleeping better than I have in years.

Not taking any acid reflux medication for the last two months.

Actually looking in a mirror - something my DW is telling me I do quite frequently now - to see how good I look not to check how horrible I look or if my clothing is covering me the most/best it can.

Starting to think about the future in terms of what do I look forward to doing when my weight loss journey is completed, not sitting and thinking about all the things I can't/won't be able to do because of my weight.
I've done a lot of the things you mentioned. I am currently size 42 pants (from 60 at start). But I am still 2x on the shirts (and I still wear my 4x shirts to work, even if they are too big. Unless they look completely ridiculous, I am going to wear those shirts until I reach my goal! I hate buying intermediate clothes!

Anyway, my most recent NSV is from yesterday. I went to a pool party at a friend's house. The last time I put on a bathing suit was last summer (end of August or early September) when I was just underway on my weight loss plan. I was wearing a size 5x bathing suit. Well, yesterday as I was getting my stuff together to go to the party I realized that I never bought a new bathing suit. But I remembered that my dad brought over a bathing suit for me. But it was just an XL. Well, since I didn't have any other bathing suits to try on, and the 5X suit would be way too big, I tried on the XL to see if I could squeeze into it. Wouldn't you know it... IT FIT... perfectly! I guess if I realized that a size 42 pants roughly equates to an XL, I would have realized this. But this is still foreign to me. Heck, when I go to put on my size 42 pants on I am still in a state of disbelief that they fit me because they still look small to me compare to what I used to wear.

Other NSVs:

Found hip bone.

Not sweating profusely as a result of ANY physical exertion. (I used to sweat after taking a shower when I was putting my clothes on! Although, in my partial defense, I DO take extremely hot showers.)

My feet don't kill me after walking long distances.

I am not afraid to sit in other people's lawn chairs out of fear I will break them. (I had your same issue with chairs sticking to my azz too).

I can go to any restaurant or party and not feel the least bit tempted to eat something that will deviate from my plan. And if I choose to eat something I wouldn't normally eat, I can limit myself.

Last edited by joefla70; 04-14-2013 at 05:09 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #7  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Great NSV: I overheard DW tell a friend she wanted to buy the spice cake on sale but . . . since Bill wouldn't eat any, she didn't.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #8  

Well done gentlemen. two weeks ago I sat in a booth at a restaurant without having to "wedge" myself in between the seat back and the table - It was nice not having a roll laying on top of the table and a roll spilling out underneath the table while being pinched in the middle by the edge of the table. It was especially nice not having to squirm around trying to extricate myself when I left. With all the other patrons stealing glances and secretly hoping I would get stuck so they could see first hand the fire department cutting me out with the jaws of life.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Today my phone called me fat! Specifically, it told me I was Class I obese.

This is fantastic news because yesterday I was Class II obese and when I started this journey I was morbidly obese.

Now looking forward to being overweight but to get there I'll need to go to ONE-derland first.

Last edited by IanG; 04-15-2013 at 10:32 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

indeed buddy I am coutin down the days... I am 2 lbs form the 2-teens and can't wait it just means I'm that much closer to one-derland.
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #11  

Any new NSVs this week? If anyone recalls I once stated that fitting into 38 size pants was a big deal because of my body shape. Well today I can officially state with complete confidence that I now fit into size 38 pants. I spent the majority of the afternoon wondering around Macy*s and SEARS trying on clothes I had zero intention of buying to feed my good feelings.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:17 AM   #12  

Hey guys have not has an NSV for a while. I have a new one which is an extension of the old one. I fit into (very well) 36s now and even went ahead and bought some 34s that fit, just are a little tight. I have never been able to get into 34s, ever. I think I am smaller now than I was when i graduated high school.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Bluejay that is awesome 36's and smaller than "high school you"!!!

My nsv today came while shopping for running shirts. I have one "tech" type shirt that I love to use for running - it's light, cool and comfortable. I always use it for my first run of the week, and then it's cashed. So today at Target, I took some xxl's into the dressing room hoping they would fit (I'm a xxl in my other t-shirts, but these tech workout tees always seem to run small). Well they didn't fit, they were too f'in BIG - I had to go back for some xl's!!
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #14  

Fit_Dad_2b: That's great! Grats on that awesome NSV. I think the best feeling is when you kinda forget you're losing weight then go buy clothes and get a surprise like that.

Last edited by Bluejaybythesea; 06-02-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #15  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Quite a few to name, Yesterday did my first non stop 8miler in 94mins.

Last week i managed to purchase 2x GAP jeans off the shelf!

PB over 5k 30:44 last week.

PB over 10k 1:11:48 Early May.

Been Gluten free for 3 full weeks.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote