Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Default Anxiety Sucks (Vent)

I'm REALLY sick of it. Five years of this. The stigma tied to meds. If you can't see an ailment it must not be real..NOBODY gets it.

I just want to lay in bed at night without my heart pounding a mile a minute, is that too much to ask?

Newsflash to Pharmacist that judged me tonight: Not everyone that takes anti-anxiety meds is a druggie, some of us actually need them and take them properly. My Doc simply called in a new script because you guys screwed up and gave me a different brand from my usual that I had blacklisted in YOUR system. You guys missed the note. I don't care if you say they are all the same because they aren't. If I say "XYZ" brand doesn't work for me, it doesn't work for me. Period. Thanks for not bothering to call my Doctor to clear an early fill and instead wait till I get there several days later on a Friday night after my Doc's office is closed. Now I'm stuck with a $48 script (that I can't return) that is the equivalent of taking a tic tac during a panic attack all weekend. Thank you! That's perfect. And to top it off you treat me like a crack head and send me on my way.

Also a special "thank you" to all the bad apples that abuse medication that make me embarassed about having to seek help in the first place and go to the pharmacy every month!

Hope I sleep tonight.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Anxiety does suck. Mine has got much better with weight loss and exercise as there is too much noise in my system now and the anxiety is being drowned out. But I did hate waking at 3-4am every day and not being able to get back to sleep with the old heart pounding. It was a real struggle. I'd wake from sleep, try to stay relaxed in the hope of falling back asleep but the anxiety would always creep in. I never took medication for it. Perhaps I should have...

But then I did self-medicate with beer!

Last edited by IanG; 05-31-2013 at 09:52 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #3  

Sorry Novangel.

I hope you sleep tonight too, anxiety sucks.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #4  
Viva Cristo Rey!

My heart goes out to you. Being given a wimpy Rx is not much help and I do hate how we with anxiety are looked at suspiciously when all we're trying to do is get help. I will pray that you get some rest and that the situation with the meds gets resolved ASAP.
Skinnyminnie Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #5  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Anxiety does suck. Mine has got much better with weight loss and exercise

But then I did self-medicate with beer!
Yes, exercise does help a lot. I wish I could self-medicate with beer! Alcohol has always made my heart race but I never cared until I started having anxiety so now it only makes things worse. Talk about torture. No alcohol? What's the sense in living?
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

Another case in point: I understand early refills are a no-no but why didn't they simply call my Doc and ask, "Hey, is this refill you just called in correct?" My Doc would've said "it's fine" (because I explained to her what happened and she knows I am responsible with my medication) and everyone would be happy right now. I'd sleep better and they'd have my money.

I will be informing my Doc asap about all of this. I hope she calls and rips them a new one for blatantly ignoring her request for a new script if I have a rough weekend...but I'm praying that doesn't happen.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #7  
I'm the lost princess...♥

S/C/G: 276 / See Ticker!! / 125

Height: 5'3"

I think it kind of depends on where you go...

I usually go to this Walgreens by my house and they are amazing there... However once I dropped of a script at the Walgreens by my work because that was where I was close to and on my lunch so I thought I would get it filled after my doctor appointment rather then wait until after work when I don't feel like stopping at the pharmacy... Okay, well my driver's licence says "Under 21 until..." even though I am 28 (I just never got it redone because I don't go to bars or drink --so really no point). The pharmacist tried to get all gangsta with me when I went to pick it up and telling me my drivers licence was not valid?? Huh? I have gotten my passport and a visa to live in England with that driver's licence not to mention a ticket for speeding not too long prior (within the last few months prior to picking up that prescription) and nobody ever said anything about it-- why?? Because that does not make it invalid. I think he was just getting crazy with me because of the RX type (I can't remember but it was for ADD)... Maybe vyvanse? I can't really remember anymore! But it just drives me nuts to think about it still...

I was going to call and complain but didn't end up doing it because it seemed like a waste of time. It wasn't the best area so I am sure they just get some interesting people... But still no excuse to treat everyone like drug addicts. Even my own parents don't really get why I go to a psychiatrist and don't think my problems are "real"... Mental illness is an area that needs more recognition and support in society today, ignorance and intolerance are no longer valid excuses.
DreamAngelsHeavenly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #8  
Viva Cristo Rey!

Something I've done which helps me is to refill a couple of days early and do it for several months, then you'll always have a "cushion" of extra pills but not so many that it arouses suspicion. And I'm not trying to sound like some druggie here - I just know what panic attacks are and resolved long ago not to be caught in a bind with my med refills.
Skinnyminnie Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I'm so sorry nova. I hope you sleep alright.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #10  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Novangel

Hey,

My heart goes out to you with all that you are experiencing with your anxiety and your pharmacist nonsense. I suffer from anxiety too, it is horrible at times and it seems like there is a mental health stigma in many areas which is sad.

I understand what you are saying about pharmacies and pharmacists too, tonight I received a creepy email from a private pharmacy owner. He is struggling for business and I have been giving CVS my business instead because I tried his pharmacy and I do not feel comfortable there.

Hang in there! What positive ways of coping with your anxiety can you use? Writing or journaling, taking a bath or a walk, drinking water are some of my ideas.

seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #11  
Warrior Princess

Thanks everyone. I slept fine last night and hope to sleep well again tonight. If not I saved one dose of my old script to get me through Sunday night until I can call my Doc Monday morning.

I just really needed to vent. I'm still stunned at the way I was treated but perhaps they encounter a lot of people trying to pull crap. Still though there's no excuse for them to not follow through with my Doctor.