View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Ruthxxx
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/177/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, "Thunderous Thursday" is a good title. We were supposed to have storms last night but nothing materialized. Disney was very happy as they just terrify her. Memories of Katrina never fade, I guess, nor should they.

TwynnB, I can feel your excitement about taking off in the camper. I well remember those days - the best of family times! My kids still talk about them.

Went to town yesterday and came home without enough plants to finish the Village planters. I do have an offer of help today though. Cathy and I will plant what we can and then figure out where to go from there. I really don't want to drive the 90 minutes to Ottawa in search of the elusive purple petunia so we may make a compromise. By noon we should know how many more plant we need to finish. It wouldn't be a problem if the Township had not decreed purple and white, the colours of royalty to honour the Queen's jubilee. Last year it was expensive red geraniums for the War of 1812 which kind of blew my budget.

Just took the trash to the curb and it's really muggy and buggy out there. We are finally getting hot summer temps of 90 today - it was 37 on Saturday. Guess it may be time to finish getting out the summer clothes.

More coffee coming up. I wonder how asparagus would work in a smoothie - I'm out of spinach but sure have lots of asparagus. Maybe I'll cook it first though.

Happy Thunderous Thursday!