South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday May 29

Good Morning

Up at my odd hour again....oh, well. I've already been out with the pup and it's gorgeous even in the dark lol. Our cherry tree which we planted in 2005 has grown so much and it's in full bloom. The moon is bright and the hundreds of blossoms seem to glow in the dark. The warmth of the night has the scent of lilacs wafting in the air.

I'm officially off work until next Monday which just means it's time to kick into high gear with everything else. I plan to be at the door of Hobbylobby at 9am for a complicated return/exchange since bunches of stuff I bought last week are now on sale. I plan to make as few other stops as possible so I can get back and get the water timers in order so I can blast over to the Western Slope early tomorrow. Food has been OP and I continue to be grateful for that.

What's on your hump day agenda? Stop and say hi

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #2  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Morning. I love night walks, especially in the summer - isn't it lovely, Debbie?

FIL and wife arrived; they say they mistook me at first look for my eldest son's girlfriend! LOL. The attention is nice but I have a tendency to get all a-flutter with that and lose focus - must maintain equilibrium!

Finally getting in to see a cardiologist this afternoon - after developing severe anemia last year (now resolved), I still have a heart murmur and wonky BP so GP wants me checked out. Hopefully there's nothing serious but it'll be good to know what's going on in there.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.

Last edited by Cattails; 05-29-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! The earlybirds are really early when you figure out the time difference of three hours. Thanks for starting us up, Debbie, and getting the day right!

A rather belated to you, Cattails and for that weightloss. I am in ticker envy.

It's Hump Day and it's raining so I just may take off to town for some odds and sods plus some more plants for the Village planters. We don't have any bookings for the Town Hall today which is nice. Yesterday the kitchen was booked so a couple could make some wonderful spiced port jelly to be sold commercially. I got asked a lot of preserving questions and sampled the wares while working in the Office. (Excellent and we may sell some of the wee jars along with our bread.) The Hall is booked for a catered dinner meeting tomorrow and for a Rock-a-thon all day Saturday followed by an evening poetry reading. Whew! When Joanne the Museum Manager/Curator is back from Holland, things will be easier.

Despite the mosquitoes and humidity, I did get some planting done in my raised bed and some weeds turfed out of the strawberries. (Delightful to work in that patch when they are in blossom!) Anybody want some asparagus? Mine is so prolific, I'm feeling attacked. I guess I'll need to freeze some for winter soups.

Time for a smoothie and a quick swab of the kitchen floor - it's a muddy paw morning. Enjoy your Hump Day!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie, enjoy your next few days off. It doesn't sound like you'll be too bored!

Cattails, congrats and great to see you on here!

Ruth, I would love some asparagus, do you mind delivering it?

I skipped my morning walk today, although I feel a bit guilty, but I was so stinkin' tired last night! I'll probably go on a walk later to get Emma and myself out. She did look quite disappointed this AM, but the new rawhide made up for it a bit .

DH got the pop up set up to air out, and it's getting me quite excited to go camping this weekend. One of my surgeries cancelled today, so I'm hoping I get to get dirty in my garden, and then maybe go to the resale store to pick up stuff for the camper.

Until then, strong coffee! It is definately weather for overnight oats, although I tend to put mine in an hour or two before eating it.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I'm getting my hair "done" today. And we are having our gutters replaced. Fortunately DH is coordinating all of that. We are moving along on our vacation plans and have narrowed down rental options. Today I'll try to contact some of the owners.

Debbie - That reminds me I have a return to make as well.

Cattails - Hope your appointment goes well.

Ruth - Me!! I wish I lived near any of the prolific gardeners who I know.

Twynn - Hope you get great camping weather.

Have a great day, all. BBL...
Old 05-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning SSDD and much too much to do. Did I mention I'm celebrating Friday night?! Then I'm heading to DD's for the weekend (wedding dress fitting and AIDS walk), back home Sunday night then off camping Thursday. I'm sure it will all be fun but I'd really like to just sit and do nothing for a couple of days. Ah well, turns out moving is good for weight loss!

Off to face Hump Day.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

WOW it's only a little past 8 and I feel like I missed most of the day lol. CyndiM you need to celebrate! Your life has been quite hectic to say the least.

Karen vacation planning sounds like fun. I think this summer we may do close trips and a few bike tours.

Ruth, Delta seems like quite the bustling little community. I think I would enjoy living there.

Cattails, enjoy every compliment as you should be quite proud of yourself.

Debbie enjoy your days off. Your description of your walk sounded heavenly. I love when I ride smelling lilacs and honeysuckles in bloom, but not the occasional road kill lol

Tammy, good job listening to your body. Sometimes we forget it needs a little rest. Have a great time camping this weekend.

As for me, mammography this afternoon. Then to Joe's parent's for dinner. Will be doing a lettile extra cardio today to compensate for the slice of birthday cake and glass of wine I plan on having later. Today is our last rainy day which has been great for the garden, not so great for riding.

Have a great day
Old 05-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Debbie! Hi all! I am nearing the end of Phase 1! I am super proud of myself! Enjoy your days off, Deb!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #9  

I'm into week two and one thing I've noticed is that my appetite has vanished? I have been making an effort to eat enough food to meet the number in my online food tracker but it's been a struggle (I am tracking my food mostly to make sure I am getting enough nutrients, drinking plenty of water, and not going off of the deep end on the nuts/cheese -- which I love).

Is this a common issue? Do people find their appetite to decrease during phase one?

Last edited by CoCo Local; 05-29-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: type
Old 05-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon. There were so many early risers today that I would think you all need a nap by now!

Some off and on rain here today but I am going to try to sneak into my flower garden for a short bit. There are too many weeds already. Luckily dinner is leftover burgers (I always get DH to grill extras) so I'm all set except for nuking a vegetable or two.

Ruth, if you're taking a road trip to deliver asparagus to Tammy and Karen, be sure to swing by my place!

Have a good evening all.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Popping in to say a late Hello! I was in a meeting all day and feel weird if people are sitting right by me and can read my screen so I will not go to any websites lol.

I will be in the same meeting tomorrow so may not get a chance to pop in. Sounds like everyone is doing well, real early risers this morning.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Just popping in to say hello. Going to be a looooooooooooooong day for me. I got home from the gym around 7 this morning, took a nap, got up at 9:30 to get ready for Chief Pardo's funeral, got back home around 1 PM, took a nap, got up around 3:30 and got ready for work, and now I'm working a 12 hour overtime shift.

I couldn't find my tie for my "funeral suit" so I had to wear a black turtleneck underneath. 87 degrees, May, in Georgia...I think I'm STILL hot. LOL Held it together for the most part until they did last call (I'm sure jekel understands)...and those dang bagpipes, ugh!!!

No time for personals today...maybe tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Yes Natasha I certainly can relate, how very sad. The pipers get me too, especially when I know the lone piper. LOD funerals are always challenging and that's putting it mildly.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, bagpipes make me cry too - especially at military funerals. The flags at our Ontario Provincial Police station were at half mast yesterday. I wonder if it was because of Chief Pardo. I wonder if some of our "guys" were there. (Funny how we say "guys" when a good percentage of our officers are female.)
Closed Thread