Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/173/135

Height: 5'8

Default How do I do this?

I do just fine til about 5 pm and then everything goes to pot and I binge eat the rest of the day! I have never weighed this much and I'm so upset with myself! I have absolutely no self control and I hate what I'm doing to myself right now. I end up so stuffed I can barely move and I don't have energy for anything else. I could really use any wisdom y'all may have on how to get and stay on track. How do I break this awful cycle?
Eliasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: tick'

It sounds so simple and so over-played, but honestly? I have a glass of water or a green tea. Finish it, see how I feel in an hour. If I do in fact need to eat, I head for something with protein and fat as it helps to feel satiated more than carbs.

Thats the only wisdom I have for you as I myself have some difficulty with a binge at the end of the day. I just keep myself busy. go for a walk, read a book, come here, go for a walk with the dog, help my boyfriend in the garage. That last one helps a lot cause my hands get covered in grease and muck, I absolutely don't think about eating haha.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

Honestly, I come here. I read the threads I post I just do whatever to distract myself.
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #4  

Thank you. I will hang out here as much as possible. After posting I stood over the stove and shoveled hollandaise sauce into my mouth and I'm so disappointed with myself and humiliated. Has anyone here ever gone to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting? Do u think they would be helpful?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

I have not so I have no idea. Try not to dwell on it. Just because you mess up this moment doesnt mean you have to keep messing up and dwelling on it will be even worse! You can do this!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

It might be helpful to journal your thoughts, emotions, etc. Figure oit what is setting this off.

What behaviors, stressors, spaces, etc., can you make changes in to help you change fhe behavior?

When you track/jornal everything, I think, you will discover what is driving the choices. Once you figure that out, the next step is to figure out how to make changes, even little ones, baby steps, to help you over the hump.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I often found myself snacking at night on a ton of the worst foods at night because I was a) bored and b) had nothing to do. For some reason eating was something I'd fill my empty time with. While I still have some problems with boredom eating I try to do things that I can't eat while doing. Painting my fingernails/toenails is a big one or having a bath. I find now that I just need a distraction so even doing a puzzle, playing a game or reading a book takes my mind of food.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #8  
Skinny chick

I'm hungry then, too. What works for me is to move dinnertime up. If I have dinner ready earlier, then dinner is what I eat and then I'm satisfied.
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/pregnant/125

Height: 5'0

I went to overeaters anonymous for the support aspect; I didn't work the plan or do any steps. I went to the evening meeting specifically to avoid binging at least that night a week! It's worth a try to see if it helps even the littlest bit.
virginiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #10  

Thank you for all the encouragement and support! Today is a new day and I know I can do this!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

My first thought is self care--- what are you doing to take care of you? Do you have any hobbies? Anything that you enjoy doing for fun? I find my night time binges are fueled by a desire to "zone out" and "relax for once"---I used them as entertainment and "chill" time. Might need to find other ways to relax and unwind. Just my 2 cents.

I have been to OA--- for me, it made me more food obsessed-- not less. But others have found it very helpful. I say give it a shot-- can't hurt.
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote