Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 10:22 AM   #1  

Default Flexibility?

I am sooo out of shape here?..I feel I need to be more flexible before I even attempt to bump my exercise up to a higher level. At the present, I am only swimming.

Can anyone give me some good exercise advice to do to help FLEXIBILITY..whether via a particular video or specific exercise routine..thanks!
Old 10-24-2003, 10:41 AM   #2  
~ Berry Happy ~

Do you do stretches before and after your exercises?

I know I want to be more flexable. For some reason I remember someone telling me that stretching will help you get there.

Usually I am a very tense person, and my muscles feel stiff all the time. Stretching usually helps, and I feel like I can move everything farther than before.

~ Kari ~
Old 10-24-2003, 11:55 AM   #3  
Head Princess

Pilates, yoga, or the new yogalates are all excellent forms of exercise that also do great things for your flexibility. I've been doing pilates for several months now and have recently regained my ability to put my hands flat on the floor while keeping my legs straight.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:37 AM   #4  

Yes..I am extremely impressed with the presented benefits of pilates. I even purchased a pilates machine with stand from QVC...which I did use last year and loved..makes you feel like all your bones are opened up and stretched..good feeling..BUT my problem now is that I have put on the 50 pounds I lost last year...making me toooo heavy for my machine?...YUK!!..What a drag!...So I have to work my way back into my PILATES machine!!! Sad I know!!...SO I am having to start at the bottom of the exercise ladder. I have never heard of yogalates?
Old 10-26-2003, 08:06 PM   #5  

I would definitely recommend Yoga to you...not only is it a great way to gain some flexibility, but once you really start really dropping the pounds, its a great addition to get a leaner, stronger look to your body...plus there is something SO amazingly relaxing about a half hour of stretching and breathing...
Hope you are smiling!
-Nikki
Old 10-27-2003, 04:24 PM   #6  
Head Princess

Yogalatates is a pilates/yoga hybrid. Some people love it, some hate it. I've never tried it, so I don't know.

I just got the windsor pilates series and am having a blast with it! Gaiam has a great pilates series too. I'm amazed at how quickly I've been able to build my strength and flexibility.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:28 PM   #7  

It is important to remember to stretch VERY WELL after each cardio routine. Afterwards a lot of people enjoy getting out of the gym asap, but remember to stretch. Good luck! and have a great time exercising. I enjoy exercising so much now that I am getting into better shape. It really helps me maintain my weight goals.
Closed Thread