Old 05-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4"

Default getting fed up

I have been on medifast two weeks, and the scale has only moved four pounds. I understand weight loss is a long slow process, but I am constantly STARVING. I am good at not caving into the urge, but within an hour of eating a MF meal, my stomach is telling me to eat more. If I were seeing quicker results I would be happier to put up with it, but I'm really beginning to wonder if this is right for me. Does anyone else feel this way?
citygirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

people our size dont typically see losses of 3 to 5 pounds per week. I usually only see 1 to 2 pound losses per week myself. back when i started on the medifast plan way back in march of 2012, sure i saw those huge numbers but my body required alot more calories per day to simply maintain itself. 2 pounds a week is a great and more then you would be loosing on other plans!

Are you sure your starving? could it possibly be mental hunger and not physical hunger? try to stay busier and that three or so hours between meals will just fly by. are you eating alot of the crunch bars, puffs,brownies and cereals? they tend to not be as filling as a shakes and they can also act as a "trigger food" for bingers and habitual snackers. are you drinking your weight in ounces of water per day? how about exercise? alot of folks complain that they get hungry after working out while on plan.
Tibbits2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #3  

I notice that I am far hungrier on days I work out (for example, this weekend I worked out four days in a row, and I worked out hard) so maybe I'm just overdoing it. On those days I allow myself an extra MF snack but it doesn't seem to help much.

I'm definitely getting enough water so it's not that, but I guess I just hoped it would come off a little quicker.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

My health coach told me that at my calorie intake, and my size...5'2, 150 lbs which is similar to you...and this is without knowing my exact stats as I am a phone client...I should not be going much over 325 calories burned, or it will hinder weight loss. If I go too far over that, I need to drink an extra shake. Maybe you should reevaluate your workout schedule?
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #5  

Wow, yeah I definitely would say when I work out it's at least double that. To be honest, I have no idea how to know about calories burned. I go off what the machines say at the gym (in fact there are times I hit 800 calories burned..) but I never really thought those were that accurate. I mean, if I truly am burning 800 calories when I work out, how on earth did I get myself into this mess in the first place! I just go by how I feel and I never push myself to the point of exhaustion. I should probably take it easier then.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Yeah you might want to try to scale the work out WAY back for a week or so, just see if it helps. Then slowly work back up. You are on such a low cal diet, and your body needs the fuel!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

With your stats you will not loose more than an average of 2 lbs/week if that. You are hungry because you probably work out too hard. In particular, you need to be careful about too much cardio. Just give it some time. For a 1 lb loss, you need to use 3500 cal more than you put in. So, you will not loose overnight what you put on over time. Being impatient just sets you up for failure. Being determined to do whatever it takes is what will make you successful in the long run. Just take it day by day and week by week.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote