South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default It's Really Tuesday, SBD Daily Chat May 28

Good Morning

I started my first thread as Wednesday.... I just have to be amazed that I do show up for work when I'm supposed to.

I was up for a bit so thought I'd get us started. Have I mentioned lately just how much I enjoy the warmer weather....Bing and I have already been outside to check out the neighborhood. It's pretty quiet so far this morning. I've been sticking to my early morning gardening routine so I'll be back out around 530am. I work at 7. Food OP which is nice and I've been feeling great! I just don't have much internet these days. We have a gigantic highway project just East of here on I-70 which runs 24/7 until at least December. They are boring a bigger hole in a tunnel which has existed for years and I've decided it's part of the reason the normal internet channels seem to be clogged. (not to mention the traffic!) Oh, Well.

What's on your agenda today! Stop and say hi

Have a great TUESDAY everyone!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #2  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Lol, I saw the previous closed thread and tossed you a PM, Debbie - now I see why, so please disregard.

My FIL and his wife are due to arrive tomorrow (today) for a week-long visit. It's been just about a year since we saw them last so it'll be interesting; that was over 50 lbs. ago for me!

Drizzly weather out right now. Should make tomorrow nice and cool. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie you certainly are motivated! I too am an early riser, but I like to ease into my day when off. Obviously today is not one of those days. Busy week of dinners out (wedding yesterday, Joe's parents Wed, his bday Thursday) Really need to watch myself. At least we are coming into a lovely stretch of sunny weather.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 05-28-2013, 04:53 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cattails, enjoy your visit! Kudos on your WL! It's so nice for me to see someone I haven't seen since I lost the weight. It feels so good.

Jennifer, like you, after a long physical day at work I just need to chill out.

OK, back to work....
Old 05-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Noooo! It can't be Wednesday! I don't LIKE Wednesday at work! Don't jinx me Debbie! TUESDAY. TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY!

Apparently I'm energized this morning. And that was without coffee, too!

Looking forward to going back to work today. My counterpart will be back today, which means less work for me. Thursday and Friday were rough with her gone! Silly vacation.

Yours truly is making a giant pot of chili this morning. It appears to be my SBD key to success, especially at lunch! Chili at lunch makes me NOT think takeout is a viable option for dinner, since I'm not starving and ready to chew off my own arm. I came to this conclusion after weighing in (after several days of salt and carbs and alcohol...) and seeing I'm up 5 pounds. Ahhh water retention. I hope my dress pants fit!

Cattails- congratulations on the weight loss! I bet you look totally different now. Enjoy their shock!

Have a great day everyone, and may the POWER OF THE CHILI POT be with you!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

At least you caught it, Debbie. You have no idea how many times I've goofed on the date for the Daily. I'm an early riser too and was up by 4:30 - just can't seem to sleep longer.

Lovely day is unfolding and I definitely will get out into the garden shortly. Did not manage to get out there at all yesterday. I'm sure the unpicked asparagus will be way overgrown.

Right now I have to slowly go through some techie stuff to get my email back in shape. They did an "upgrade" and I can receive but not send. Sure cuts down on the workload. If I really get stuck, I have a"guru" who will come and fix it but I'm feeling a tad cheap these days and would rather spend on my garden instead. Tomatoes, peppers and more basil get planted today - the weather is supposed to warm up before the weekend.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I saw the mix-up and just blamed it on not enough coffee yet.

Today and tomorrow are looking pretty busy between school, the horse show, and music lessons. And I have to spend the night tonight, so I must remember to grab my overnight bag. At least Mother Nature is taking care of watering the garden and flower beds this morning.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

And here I was thinking it was Monday!

I am working out with my mom this morning. Then acupuncture again. Then I work the closing shift. This will be my longest shift since my latest foot injury and I am not looking forward to it, but my boss managed to take me off the schedule for the rest of the week. I'm trying KT athletic tape on my foot; I figure it can't hurt.

Finally, after nagging, heard from my kids that they'd be fine with us going to Puerto Rico for our December family vacation so DH and I are next trying to choose a condo rental. We'll work on that more today.

Have a great one - whatever day it is!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, you guys are super chatty this AM! Seven posts before 7 am!?

Our trip to the in-laws is complete, and it went as well as it could. This was the first time my MIL at one point didn't recognize DH, and was upset no one told her she had a son . We knew it was coming, but still difficult. Otherwise, it was a fairly pleasant trip.

Since I didn't workout (probably good for the body to have a break!), I made sure I got up this morning and got out. I was nervous with the drizzle going on, but it held at that - only a drizzle, but the whole time (it felt great, actually!). I've been slow running a lot more, which makes me feel waaay more accomplished and revs up my metabolism a bit.

Today is a long day at work, and I've got to plan a menu and figure out when to get groceries. It might not be until 9 pm tonight!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me as I have meetings all day long, Debbie I wish it was Wednesday lol

Nice weekend, I never did clean the house other than minor stuff and laundry so I will need to get that done so I am leaving a clean house for the kids to mess up lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Still here and can't wait until Friday night, at least the move will be done. Our whole summer is already super busy, how does that happen!?

Planning a big catch-up once I have reliable and reasonably priced internet again (using cell as a hotspot is neither of those things). For now I'm reading a couple of times a day just to keep up with you all
Old 05-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Day 2 of 7 straight is starting right now. Already off to a better start than yesterday when we started the day w/ a plane crash. Hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #13  

Glad to see I wasn't the only person up at a crazy time this morning! I'm trying to get back into my morning swim, which means being IN the pool at the Y at 5am. (My cat's meow as I got up this morning sounded like, "Are you CRAZY lady?")
Enjoyed the swim and made it through a long day at work with no planning period today and running around after work to do errands I forgot yesterday! Pleased to say that despite the smell of good foods and walking by a chocolate shop that was a usual stop for me, I resisted all temptations!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Busy day here as well. After work I had to stop for groceries (I was out of lettuce!!!), did my PT exercises, laundry, dinner and even managed an hour weeding in the perennial bed. Debbie, I can't manage early morning gardening so I'm going for making sure to use the long hours of daylight.

Holding off on panicking about the veggie garden. We had 6 days of t-storms, wind and cold so things are looking a little bedraggled. I figure whatever doesn't perk up with the next few days of sun and warm temps will get re-planted this weekend. My poor cucs look half dead but I'm staying optimistic.

Can't believe we are finally coming down the home stretch for the school year. Do the kids realize the teachers look forward to summer vacation as much as they do?
Closed Thread