Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 08:15 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday, October 24th TGIF

Good Friday Morning Everyone !!

I'm sooooooo ready for the weekend, even though I have nothing exciting planned (well except I'm going out to lunch tomorrow w/hubby, dd, and sis )

April, I've been thinking about that light box ALOT lately, I said to Jim yesterday that I'm in a funk and I'm going to give it one more week to see if it really is depression, I can't seem to stay focused lately, with anything. So I am going to see my Dr. if things don't change and look into those light boxes and meds. I'm wondering if my insurance would cover part of the light box ? Thanks for your help, I don't think I would have even known about them if it wasn't for you HUGS !!!

Time for COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBL.......
Old 10-24-2003, 08:42 AM   #2  

Leens, checking with the doctor about a light box is a good idea. Maybe then it will be covered by insurance.

Am feeling sore, but not bad. It's basically my skin that hurts, if that makes any sense. That test has to be tight so that the machine can monitor blood flow to a certain part of the body. BTW, they have a penile cup too..... !

Nothing wild happening here. The weekend looks pretty calm. Laundry and stuff on Saturday. Church on Sunday and shopping. We're gearing up to set up R's office here. Have a phone line in and a desk. He needs a comfortable chair and a speaker phone. Just think, I can email him when he's right in the same room as me! (I do need a life!)
Old 10-24-2003, 09:37 AM   #3  

Tip I think that sound great about the e-mail. I would do the same thing to my hubby if he was sitting right next to me.

Leens I am feeling the depression creeping up on me too. I am not really sure what to do about it. I started to take my St. John's Wort again this morning. I am hoping that that will help me. I am starting to have the down feelings and I don't want them. I am noticing that I am starting to make excuses about why I can't go somewhere and I know exactly where that is coming from. Being by myself is not the best thing to do when I feel depressed but the funny thing is, I can't make myself get out and be with people. Maybe I should look into the light box too.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

good morning

my question is what is a light box?
Old 10-24-2003, 10:32 AM   #5  
Average White Girl

Default the Firm and March of Dimes

It's been a long time since I've been on, but I've been so busy. I've also found that I was thinking about dieting and weight loss way too much, to the point of being unhealthily obsessed. I"ve just started working out w/ the firm tapes. Those are hard. I have serious problems figuring out the aerobic moves. I feel like I need a choreographer. Am I that uncoordinated or am I just getting used to it?

I have to work today but things have been good for me. I'm up for a promotion at work, and I've been working out and losing weight. I usually clock in at 148 rather than 153-155 which is where i started out at.

My wedding plans are going well, and I'm almost done. I bought stuff to make pew bows but haven't done it yet. I also haven't needed to go into my savings account for this, either.

Thursday I'm going to be arrested by the March of Dimes for Jail and Bail. I'm already trying to get pledges. On the chance that anyone would like to give, just let me know. I can be emailed at:
[email protected]. I need your name, address, phone number, and the amount of money you'd like to pledge. I figure that even if you'd rather not, it never hurts to ask. I"ve always wanted to do this, so I'm all excited.

it's close to that time. I think I should Firm up with my tapes and not with the John Grisham book of the same name.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:36 AM   #6  

Angry You light up my life

I have visions of us all under bright bulbs for the winter!

My mom has a light collecting dust up in the closet so I thought I might try it starting next week. I actually feel not to bad but my weight is getting me down and I really need a kick start to drop the first few pounds.

I am working again this weekend...the hospital is busting at the seems with this flu hitting early and hard.....we are double and triple booking and there has been so much sick time that we are still barely keeping our head above water......I do love my job which really helps!

I am taking a course on Saturday during the day and working the evening.....it is an ECG course.....and then I am taking a Code blue refresher next week, an inservice on SARS and a three day trauma course in Nov.......why oh why do I inflict so much pain on myself!

I am helping mom in Kindergarten this morning.....that is always fun! My house is clean-hooray! I will pick up a few groceries for the weekend...maybe a short cat nap and then dd 5 to Gramma's and off to work I go.

I am PMSing and I am just trying to ride it out......my dd 11 is refusing to eat breakfast and I am trying not to blow it out of proportion....instead I told her now that she is not eating she can get a few more chores done in the morning...so I made her empty the dishwasher, make her bed etc If looks could kill I would be dead

Hubby is missing me I think....we are two ships passing in the night...I think the only way we are going to spend any quality time together is to go away....so that will be my reward to myself.

I checked out the site re: height and weight .......very interesting.....my BMI was not good.....not good at all . My aunt is right in range and I will let her know today.....she looks great.....and feels great.

Well I think that I have gone on quite a lot.....hope everyone has a great day.....I am off to school!

Liz
Old 10-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Did ya'll check out the height & weight chart that Ruth posted on our Thursday post? I like it better then other weight charts I have seen! more reasonable I think!

We have a high school football game tonight so we will go and watch our youngest son in the band. It is suppose to rain all weekend around here - if the weather people are right - I need to clean house tomorrow and then sunday school and church and some other things on Sunday. same ole stuff - plus whatever fun our teenagers throw into the mix at the last minute! but I sure wouldn't mind 24 hours of nothing to do!

I got on the scale this morning. I started taking the thyroid med on last Friday and my scale is down 1 pound since then, so that is pretty good for me, and encouraging! I'm praying my scale will start moving downwards for a change. Soooooooo I have lost 5 pounds since May - wow doesn't get much slower then that does it - and yes I realize 5 down in 6 months is much better then 5 up! I just have never seen anybody lose soooooooo slow. Hopefully that will change with the thyroid med!

Yesterday there was an article on Yahoo saying that the gene was found for ocd. I will post the article as a new thread so that everyone can read it! I found it very interesting!

I hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-24-2003, 10:40 AM   #8  
Divine Gal

Thats great Cathy *hugs*
Old 10-24-2003, 10:42 AM   #9  

Wow Cathy how exciting.....the gene for OCD!!!!!!!!!! That is huge.....and CONGRATS on the five pounds down.....I am doing the happy dance for you...xo

Liz
Old 10-24-2003, 10:56 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kem....EXACTLY, thats it... I want to be w/people but don't at the same time..OY. I'm going to check w/my insurance to see if they would cover it b/c I hear they are expensive. Or if not then maybe there's another alternative. I've also heard there are light bulbs that you can buy like in home depot that are almost like day light ??? hmmmmmmmm ! Its funny, I'm always turning the lights on at home and hubby turns them down... I get so angry and yell at him to stop, he's like For Crying Out Loud!! why do we need spot lights on ROFL !!!!!!!!!! So I said...okay make it dark in here and YOU will suffer hehehehehhe they just don't get it.

Lynnie, I can't be 100% but the light box is supposed to simulate day light, you sit under it and it helps w/the depression. thats about all I can tell you about it. April knows exactly what it is.

Hugs !!!!

Alteaon
Old 10-24-2003, 10:57 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

CATHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember every little bit counts, YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!

Hey Lizzy, I can see us all sitting under those lights too, with sun glasses and a pina colada heheheehe !!!!
Old 10-24-2003, 11:02 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Read this on Light Therapy.........

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33588
Old 10-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey - don't know what happened, but there was only 1 post when I posted my first message, and when I came back all of yall had popped in ahead of me???

Leenie - thanks for the information on Light Therapy - very interesting!

Kemp - hope you get some rest this weekend? are you still exercising? haven't heard you mention it? I know its hard or just about impossible to do with a cold, but just wondered?

Altea - its good to see ya again! My 20 year old neice bought The Firm tapes and gave up on them - she said they are just too hard. so you go girl! you are doing better then the 20 year olds!

Liz - you are busy busy busy! My youngest son also stopped eating breakfast at about that age. He never did like eating early. Really did better if he could eat something around 10, (which is hard to do when they are in school) so I didn't worry about it too much. He still doesn't eat breakfast, but he eats a good lunch and supper and then fairly healthy snacks at night. So he makes up for those missed calories at night. Probably not the best eating habits but that seems to be the way his body works.

Tip - how ya gonna like having hubby around so much? that may take some getting use to?

Lynnie - hugs!

wish I could stay on here and play but I've got paperwork everywhere! *sigh*

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-24-2003, 12:59 PM   #14  
Divine Gal

Thanks for the link Leenie about Light Boxes

I wonder if medicaid will cover them because I am a wreck.I started TOM again! I am bloated and I hate this.

I started a new week though today.And alot of what was in the thread really seemed to apply.
So maybe I should talk to my dr about it huh

*hugs to yall*
lynnie
Old 10-24-2003, 01:15 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I called my insurance carrier and they said if a doctor recommends it they have to submit paper work to the insurance place then they will recommend a dealer who sells it, and then yes it would be covered. I'm wondering how long this process will take... prob till next summer and then I wouldn't need it then HAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Lynnie check it out !!! can't hurt.
Closed Thread