Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #1  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 245/234/170

Height: 5'5.5

Default P90x newbie

So

A friend of mine has P90x, hes not using it at the minute so he has said I can have it.....it should be here in a day or two.....and Ill be honest that Im slightly nervous.

I have a fairly good basic fitness level, my wokr requires me to be on the move lifting, running round etc all shift and I have two children, one of school age and one who is three to run round after and I live on top of a mountain so I get plenty of walking/hiking in.

I have looked online at the nutritional plan for P90x as thats the only thing my friend cant find and to be honest there seems to be lots of nuts/eggs and protein shakes in the meal plan which isnt very helpful to me with my allergies.....and I dont like protein whey shakes after an incorrectly mixed one that left me quite ill for a few days ...... so I'm wondering if I can follow the rosemary Conley eating plan I was on when I lost 2 stone + but combine it with the P90x exercise?

what do you think?

has anyone else managed to follow the P90x plan with allergies and intolerances?

Ill let you know when it gets here and I will keep you all up to date on my progress.
LittleLostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #2  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I don't think that the p90x food plan is reasonable for me, so I am going to stick with my healthy diet that I can maintain and just use p90x for exercise.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #3  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I've completed a round of P90X and I did not follow the meal plan. I just stuck to calorie counting and making sure I had plenty of whole grains, fruits, and veggies. Just like with any exercise program, there will be a nutrition plan that comes with it as a guide for people who really need or want to have their food laid out for them. But as long as you are making sure to stick within your calorie range and you are eating food that benefits you and your body, you don't necessarily have to follow the specific P90X nutrition plan.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote