Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #1  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Default 4th of July Challenge! Part 2

Hi, everyone!!! We reached over 500 posts on the first thread (WOW!) I knew I had to make a new one so we can keep the chat/support/general overall awesomeness going!

(C/P from original thread with some revisions)-
Hello all!!! I was wanting to make a challenge and decided that 4th of July would be good since it is about 11 (now 5, yikes!) weeks away! I know I need the extra motivation to make it through the summer!

I found a spreadsheet and edited it for us to use on this challenge! Please do not touch or edit the last 4 columns (blue/orange/yellow/red) on the right. I will manually update the yellow (lbs lost) and red (% weight loss) after weight has been inputted. Enter your username, your starting weight and goal weight by the end of the challenge.

Please join in at ANY TIME to receive/give support, accountability and make new friends! Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Oh, weigh-ins are on Thursdays since the last WI is right on 4th of July but you can record your weigh-in at any time or use a weight from another day if it isn't Thursday, etc. Link for spreadsheet is here.

I do a top 10 % weight loss for the week and recently added another top 10 for total lbs lost for the week so keep an eye out for both after entering your weight for the week!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #2  

I think you can close that thread, Amandie, since you are the creator of it. It will keep the riff-raff out and stop us from posting there!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #3  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I am loving this challenge! Thank you for posting it and the spreadsheet is so awesome!
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #4  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

thanks amandie for looking after us all and creating such a good challenge. Only just spotted the last red column, and that's reminded me that i have definitely made progress and i need to keep going! Good luck with your tests and whatnot this week.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #5  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I love this challenge! I just updated my stats for this week, glad to be back down at 245.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I'm outta town, just doing a quick glance....will be doing personals when I get back in town on Monday, but for the meanwhile, posting just to say HI and to say keep up the hope and good work everyone! Happy Memorial Day weekend!
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #7  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Whew, I found y'all! I had a mini panic attack when I saw the other thread locked! I'm traveling this weekend and forgot to bring my scale. I'm an obsessive daily weigher, so I'm bummed. I know my weight will be fine, I just like the daily reassurance.

Have a great weekend everyone!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies (and Ian. I think that is the only guy right? Sorry if I missed anyone else

And yep, thanks Amandie for this challenge! I think it is the spreadsheet that is so awesome and keeps us all dedicated. So nice to see your weight loss tracked in an official place if that makes sense!

I'm down to 218 today...I think it might be too lofty, but as I'm pretty sure I'll pass my original goal of 210 I'm debating about setting my new goal of Onederland! It seems a bit high, but I think that is my secret hidden desire now, lol. I haven't weighed under 200 in about 15 years. I think since high school!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #9  

This coming week's weigh-in means that we are halfway through the challenge! This has been one of my most favorite ones. I think any of the ones I do from now on will be the spreadsheet style ones (as opposed to the threads where you just update your post). I like seeing all the data for myself and for others as a big picture.

Thanks again for doing this, amandie!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the link to the new thread. I knew we'd be needing a new one soon.

The weekend is going well, so far. No gain (which for the weekend is amazing). We golfed in a tournament yesterday, came in last, but had a great time!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

Thanks so much! I love the spreadsheet!!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #12  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

Congrats to all those in the TOP 10's and those who are working on their goals!! Keep up the good work!

ZoesMom- I loved the quotes you posted on the last thread! I am going to copy and keep them for visuals!

I forgot to post my weigh in last week! Will have to keep a reminder to do this on Thursdays!
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 264/149.6/140

Height: 5'8

I wrote a huge novel on the last thread and then a a few posts later it was closed, so I thought I would copy/paste my response vs rewriting all of that again!!! here it was......

Holy Cow there are a LOT of updates on here in just a week!! LOL
I had reported my loss (down to 251.8). I had bounced up again and now am below the last report to 251.2-yay me!

Starting for this goal=253.6
Today's Weigh In= 251.2
June 4th goal (son's HS grad day)=250 ((come on ONE POUND to get there!!)
July 4th goal=240

here comes the novel:

ZOESMOM= thanks for your encouragement, I am almost there to my grad goal of 50. Congrats to you for getting there already! WOO HOO!! also sounds like you have the "cool house" in the neighborhood! I wanna live there too!

DELPHI-thanks!! the half marathon sounds like a great goal/motivation. Congrats on your loss-the running is paying off!!

WOLFGIRL-You weigh what I dream of weighing. I am your height range and weighed that in HS.

IRISH51-hang in there!! Good luck this week!

VDANDER-good luck! and with nursing school too!

VDH-you are my dream weight already!

ELVISLOVER- 3 pounds a week is incredible! congrats!!

2FAT2JUMP-hang in there! It will happen if you keep at it!!

THINKTHIN1-100 POUNDS!! you have lost an entire person. You must be on cloud 9!!

SEIZETHEDAY= hang in there!!

ANGE82MUCH= CONGRATS!!

JESSICADO22= CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!

AMANDIE= HUGS!!! look how far you've come!!

SUPERHEROTEACHER= I think we are our worst critics sometimes. Do you get summers off? maybe you can just focus on you all summer?

ALLINELL=Congrats on the scale going down! My son is graduating HS on June 4th. Time flies doesn't it? I thought in 1995 that 2013 graduation seemed a million years away and here it is in a blink of an eye!

I think I commented on everyone-if not it wasn't intentional. I hope to report back sooner than a week to just keep up!! Hopefully with a great weight loss update as well! happy weekend everyone!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 264/149.6/140

Height: 5'8

Now that I reposted that I feel better! LOL

Thanks Jessicado22 and Elvislover! I am still the same this morning so no news there except I am always happy there is no water weight gain!

Amandie-you do a great job keeping up with all of this-thanks! I hope you health is OK. Stress is so hard on a weight loss plan! I keep trying to tell myself it's fun to look better and get smaller clothes but I am trying to work on avoiding diabetes, etc..that scares me so much!

take care all, Enjoy your day if you are off for the Holiday today!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #15  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
This coming week's weigh-in means that we are halfway through the challenge! This has been one of my most favorite ones. I think any of the ones I do from now on will be the spreadsheet style ones (as opposed to the threads where you just update your post). I like seeing all the data for myself and for others as a big picture.

Thanks again for doing this, amandie!!
I'll second! It has been an inspiration!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote