Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default I could kick myself!!

OMG I'm so mad at myself right now. I just binged on cookies!! I've being doing so well, a few little mistakes here and there but nothing major.
And now this!! I could not stop thinking about eating, then I thought about what to eat, then I told myself not to do it several times. And in the end? Did I listen? No, I went and ate half a box of pecan shortbread cookies.
What is wrong with me? Why do I do this?
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

I'm sure we have all been there, just make better choices tomorrow its not about not falling its about always getting up!
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #3  

What gmnevo said!

It's done, you had them, you acknowledged it. It happens to all of us at one time or another. The key is to get rid of anything tempting like that.

Tomorrow is a new day. You can do this!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #4  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

We all will have our moments of making bad decisions. We are all human and humans make mistakes and bad decisions at times. The great thing is that you admitted to this mistake. Forgive yourself and stand tall. You have worked hard and this was a short term set back. Tomorrow is a new day. Hugs!
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #5  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Going to echo GMNEVO - we all slip up eventually! Forgive yourself, let it go, and get back on track RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week...make your very next meal healthy and on-plan.

If I may offer some advice, however - don't tell yourself "not to do it." Tell yourself you don't WANT it, or if you really do want it, allow yourself a little bit and then put it out of reach and out of mind. If you're thinking constantly about eating, you probably either are eating too little (in which case you should up your calories) or need to redirect that focus elsewhere. Occupy your hands and/or mind with something else, or browse through some healthy recipes to maybe try later. Drinking lots of water also helps take my mind off of food sometimes.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #6  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

This is why I don't keep "junk" foods in the house. I know myself too well to think that they'd just sit there.

Forgive yourself and move on. If you're struggling, remove all of those tempting treats from your house for the time being, until you're able to self-regulate better.

Good luck!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/128/120

Height: 5'5

You're going to be fine. Deep breaths. Just cookies I have the same issue sometimes, so I've learned I can't keep anything like that in large portions in my house. I'm much less likely to drive to the store and go get it and eat it during a craving than I am to walk my booty to the kitchen for it. If it isn't there, you can't eat it.

Just forget about it and keep going. It's a speed bump, not a road block.
Alibaibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

It happens!

Keep calm and carry on!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaibee View Post
You're going to be fine. Deep breaths. Just cookies I have the same issue sometimes, so I've learned I can't keep anything like that in large portions in my house. I'm much less likely to drive to the store and go get it and eat it during a craving than I am to walk my booty to the kitchen for it. If it isn't there, you can't eat it.

Just forget about it and keep going. It's a speed bump, not a road block.
My thoughts exactly.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
If you're struggling, remove all of those tempting treats from your house for the time being, until you're able to self-regulate better
I agree with this. I find myself in this position quite often. Usually, I have to forgo having treats in the house as I will overeat them---even if they're individually portioned (I'll just open more packs, cartons, etc.).

But as everyone else has said, move on. We've all done it, and most of us will probably do it again in the future. I tend to be one to self-castigate and give up, but logically, those are two of the worst things you can do. I've learned that a key difference between long-term maintainers and those who regain is that long-term maintainers keep going; they don't let a set-back completely derail them. I'm learning from that.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote