Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Part two: Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - May 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-31-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

I am copying and pasting my post from the other thread:

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! Can you believe we made it to the weekend? I am so ready for some down time! Hmm, did anyone mention yoga?

Also, can you believe it's Memorial weekend? It's the start of Summer! Does that seem weird or is it just me? Does anyone have anything fun planned for the long weekend?

I am going to look at some yoga workouts in our Comcast On Demand. They have free workouts on there, so maybe there will be some yoga practices that I might like. The weekends will probably be the easiest time for me to do that type of stuff. Beside that I will do my normal routine. I might go back to my Mom's house. I noticed that my Dad had some books and paperwork in the garage. It's not much, so I will probably try to take care of that. I mentioned to DH about grilling out one day this weekend. That man can work some magic with a grill. DH will be finishing up his farming and planting, so he will be busy most of the weekend with that. The guy that normally helps him is having some health issues so the planting is taking longer than normal.

When we have a long weekend, one of the local radio stations goes all '80's! Yeah Baby! They will go to that format today at lunch. I like me some '80's and big hair!

On another note, I think TTOM is starting. I have noticed some PMS symptoms coming on and I woke an hour early this morning. Oh freakin' joy!

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 159.8
Down: .2

I am finally back to my pre-Mother's Day weight.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #3  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

I weighed myself today and OMG - it was 174.2! (Down from my plateau weight of 181-182 just a few days ago, and also down from my previous lowest weight of 177.4!) Could my plateau finally be over?! And to think, I was starting to believe that I would end May at the same weight I began...
Oh, and I have two NSVs to share! First of all, a few days ago I was looking through my closet for shorts/pajama pants to wear to bed, since my house is currently not air-conditioned and it was a horribly hot, sticky night. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any (time to go shopping, I guess...blah). I ended up looking through my mom's closet (my mom being a much smaller woman who has never been overweight in her life) and finally found a pair of pink silk pajama pants with a fairly stretchy waist. My mom saw me picking it up and said "You're not going to fit into those, they're getting tight on me." Well, I think she must have thinking of different pants, 'cause there's no way she would be too big for them... but anyway, I tried them on, and WAS able to fit into them! I'm not sure I would wear them to a sleepover yet, but they were certainly comfortable enough to wear to bed.
Secondly, I have a Captain America t-shirt I really like to wear, but it's a large and it's getting quite big on me. My mom has the same shirt, but in a medium. I decided to see if her t-shirt fits me - and to my surprise, I was not only able to get it on, but I can wear it COMFORTABLY! (I'm picky with my t-shirts; I hate wearing body-hugging clothes, so they have to be somewhat loose.) To be fair, these shirts may run slightly large, I don't know, but it definitely indicates that I'm getting close to being able to wear M shirts all the time!

Last edited by Chronostasis; 05-24-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Diana I think you'll love yoga.All the relaxing of the mind stuff/deep breathing and stretching..I use to go to a class but the hours for it now are hard for me to get to.I still do some form of it now.Nothing like relaxing the mind and body.

Awesome Job Chronostasis

Another good day yesterday.Morning and evening exercise and good calorie Range.Craving/wanting junk has stop Just following my Plan to a T which always works.Back having to Rub my legs down again too from all the exercising
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning its the last day of school and I have a BILLION things to get done today in terms of paperwork because I REFUSE to come in on weekends lol....its also supposed to be sunny and up to 70 today which is HOT(!!) here...im going to try another trail run later this morning too
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #6  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Yoga kicked my butt yesterday. She warned us it was a really intense practice, and I should have drank more water and got more sleep after. But I didn't. I'm dragging today. Guess I had a lot of yuck in my system to flush out.

Weight is down .2, still 1.3 from Tuesday's low. I'm going to take today as a rest day from exercise and use my lunch hour for a nap I think.

Yesterday calories in:1320
Calories out:583
Weight:373.2
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Well I am going to jump in. I feel like a broken record. For anyone that has been around long enough you may remember me. Here I am again, I have gained back the weight I lost in 2006 for the.... 4th time? 5th? I have lost track.

It is really frustrating that since August I have gained back the 40 pounds I lost last year for our wedding. I have been avoiding the scale lately partly because I was afraid of what it would say but also because I have been happy with me and the numbers depressed me. Avoiding the scale was a bad choice and I finally got on it this morning... only because the dress I wanted to wear to a wedding tomorrow doesn't fit! Well it does up, it's just tight. So I guess I am going dress shopping tonight which feels like a reward for getting fat. I should just go in a garbage bag, that would be a good lesson! hah.

I think that most frustrating thing is that way back in 2006 I lost weight eating crap. Okay not crap, but lite this low fat that, diet this and over the years I have worked hard at cutting that crap out. I still eat processed foods but not as many as I used to and I have done my best to cut out all diet/light foods. Yet I am even fatter for it! /end rant

So I hope everyone doesn't mind me jumping in - again! My goal is just to count every single calorie I eat and hopefully fit in exercise when I can. I had a moment of weakness this morning where I googled "extreme low calorie diet" but I quickly closed that, I need to be healthy. I know what I have to do I just need to do it - AND KEEP DOING IT! Yesterday was okay - until I ate a piece of candy and slice of bread my husband made, but my ended at 1575 calories, so that is alright.

If anyone else is using MFP my user name is sotypical.

So here my plan for today:

S: coffee w/ skim milk
B: smoothie: 1 cup mixed frozen berries, 1 cup cranberry/raspberry juice, 3 cups spinach, 2 tbsp flax seed (340 calories)
L: tortilla (w/ laughing cow, yellow pepper, pickles beans, salami), cut up: cucumber, grape tomatoes, yellow peppers, 3 strawberries (407 calories)
S: 5 strawberries
D: not sure yet, maybe scrambled eggs, feta, spinach, tomatoes
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #8  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I just finished my Friday morning workout and I feel fabulous! Two hours at the studio: step cardio, TRX, and weights for the first hour, then Pilates for the second hour. So glad I work there! I'm the manager and this is the best job I've ever had!

I had a quick breakfast of two scrambled eggs and cup of coffee with cream, but that was at 6, so after I dropped one kid off for his last day of school, I headed over to Starbucks for one of their spinach, feta and egg white wraps. Yum! I'll be going home from work in about an hour and when I get hungry, I plan to have a big spring mix salad with a can of skipjack tuna, olive oil and lemon, fresh garlic (I have no one to kiss today), and Kalamata olives. Not sure about dinner yet. I cleaned my chest freezer out two days ago and found some lamb chops. Mmmmmm! My favorites!

I am just starting with yoga. I do it on the weekends to keep me limber so that when I go back to work on Monday night, I don't move like an old creaky lady.

See ya'll tomorrow!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #9  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

I don't think I really have any plans for the night. Might hang out with the guys if they invite me over. Not sure yet. My boyfriend would like to go fishing on Monday since you're allowed to fish without a license on memorial day in PA. If its nice out, I may take him.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #10  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

Hi, I am new to the forums here.

I did very well with my meals today...so far. I still have the evening and I am so craving something sweet. I am full from dinner though and do not need it. If I have to keep chanting in my head "You Do NOT Need It", I will. I am not going to keep sweets out of my diet, reality is that there will be times that I eat some chocolate or have a piece of cake etc, though I am going to limit these. I will remind myself that they barely have nutritional value and full of calories (more chanting - wink).

I have been doing a lot of swimming and water exercises. Actually last friday I overdid it, I was in the pool a total of about 5 hours. We moved to the south and when I was looking for our home and knew I wanted a pool. It is wonderful. A great workout and you get, and keep, cool.

It has been very hot here lately (upper 80s and lower 90s)...and it's only going to get worse or stay the same, so I have not been walking this week. We live in a neighborhood with a lake and a pond. My son will walk with me and we enjoy watching the water birds and other creatures that are around. I think I will pull out my Leslie Sansone DVDs and walk in the air conditioned house during the summer.
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #11  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

vegetable egg white souffle; 4 oz. almond milk
1 cup cooked red quinoa w/Mrs. Dash
oatmeal with 2-3 tablespoons nutella
Large orange bell pepper generously stuffed with lean deli turkey breast and garlic hummus; 1spoon of peanut butter
Exercise: C25K Week 1 Day 1

Pretty good day today. Tomorrow will be spent packing for vacation...I don't know what I'll wear. :/ I don't have many summer clothes,
and the ones I do have are mostly big on me. Too late to go shopping. Maybe I can raid my mom's/grandmother's closets?
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #12  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

DOMS! Bad. Up 0.6lbs today. Chest muscles still hurts. Legs better until I went running. Now they hurt again. I am gonna have a complete rest day tomorrow because I am kaput.

Anyway, a late post because I also had to go grocery shopping, clothes shopping (34 inch waist Levi's) and headphone shopping (the gym fried the last pair in just one week).

Anyways:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo

Lunch: Small salad with red pepper, spinach, chick peas, quinoa.

Dinner: Drinking beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker)

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Spent 20 minutes in the gym running two miles.

Really sore. But I bet I have a big loss tomorrow And I will take a rest.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Memorial day weekend! hope everyone enjoys their time off.

Today I finally got a haircut!! I have long hair and enjoy it long but the ends where just crispy dry so went to hair cuttery got the cheappest haircut of my life and im totally pleased

Stayed under my cal limit + 1 Hr zumba class and 80 crunches Success!!!

This weekend I have a lot of activities so will try to stay on plan to loose the 1.8 pounds I need for the -10 in May.
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #14  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

I had a good trail run this morning but was very sore during it it was NOT sunny and 70 today...it turned rainy and humid ugh...then I worked all afternoon wrapping up the school year program...now im all done for the school year!!!! three day weekend and then one day to set up the summer program....
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Chronostasis Congrats on the 174 and the NSV's! You are doing a great job! Are you liking the new rice steamer? What kind of rice is your favorite? There are so many varieties. Enjoy your vacation.

Ona Great job getting back on track! That's the way to do it.

Alaskanlaughter Enjoy the warm weather. I hope you can get a good run in. ETA: we were posting at the same time.

Radiojane What type of yoga do you do? I know there are different types. Congrats on the .2.

Sotypical Hi and Welcome Back! So sorry about the gain. We have all been there, though. You did it before and you can do it again.

Geoblewis Working at a gym sounds fun. Are you at a large busy gym or a smaller location? Great job on your workouts.

Psychic DH wanted to go fishing but he has to get caught up on the farming. I think he will go next weekend. Maybe he will bring home some fish for the grill. Do you like fish?

Aspen13 Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Ian Congrats on the smaller size jeans! Keep up the great work.

GMNEVO Congrats on the good haircut!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-24-2013 at 10:22 PM.