Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Default Now is NOT the time for a pity party!

I am going in today for my pre-op appointment for my TT&BL on June 6th! It is hard to believe that it is less than 13 days days away! I have been struggling this week food/weight wise, and for the first time this week, yesterday my food was decent. Not what I would have liked, but passable. My scale was as high as 192.0 this week, and has settled down to 190.6 today. Still higher than I would like, but headed in the right direction.

My problem is, I want a freakin' pity party so bad, with no reason! If I would just eat what I know is in my calories, and do 3 seconds of exercise, I would be fine. But no. I want to sit on my butt and eat everything the past couple of days.

Well, guess what Chris??? THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!

Drink your water, eat your food that you KNOW works for your body and get over it!

If anyone else would like to yell at me or give me a pep talk, it is appreciated now!

Thank you in advanced!
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #2  

Awww, you don't need to be yelled at.

We all go through these tough times but you are right, this isn't the time. Keep telling yourself that your pity party can be next week, next month, next year! But right now you are on a mission and nothing can break you and your spirit!!

You inspire so many people here including me!! These are the tough times that we depend on each other and I'm so glad you posted here for help.

Hang in there sweety, you have this.

And no one better yell at you!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #3  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

No yelling necessary. Inner monologue is damaging enough. We go through ups and downs and that's life. You might eat crappy this week, but be perfect next week. One bad meal doesn't make you fat, just like one healthy meal doesn't make you skinny. And once you have that surgery you'll be so motivated to keep looking great that it will be easier.

FYI we're almost surgery buddies! I'm getting a BA on June 4. Woohooo! How excited are you? Congrats on your surgery
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, personally, I look at you and Elvis and am in absolute awe that you have lost so much and are still working at it. Sometimes when we want a pity party all it really takes is someone to say I hear ya. So, Chris, I hear ya. You have many people on 3FC who completely understand and can sympathize and empathize. You haven't just done great -- in my view you have achieved a miracle. So know that we understand and are sending you hugs.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Awww, you don't need to be yelled at.

We all go through these tough times but you are right, this isn't the time. Keep telling yourself that your pity party can be next week, next month, next year! But right now you are on a mission and nothing can break you and your spirit!!

You inspire so many people here including me!! These are the tough times that we depend on each other and I'm so glad you posted here for help.

Hang in there sweety, you have this.

And no one better yell at you!!
Thanks Elvis! My current goal is to survive until 12:30, when I have my appointment. Then my goal is to make it til 3:00. Then make it through the night. It's a couple hours at a time right now.

That is a great idea! I am going to "tell myself" I can have a pity party on June 7th. If I don't have it (which I will be so doped up probably &/or excited about my flat tummy!), the next day I can have one is June 24th (the day after my mom and step dad leave to go back home). By that time, I probably won't want it, as I wouldn't want to waste my first biniki shopping season ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterhairdye View Post
No yelling necessary. Inner monologue is damaging enough. We go through ups and downs and that's life. You might eat crappy this week, but be perfect next week. One bad meal doesn't make you fat, just like one healthy meal doesn't make you skinny. And once you have that surgery you'll be so motivated to keep looking great that it will be easier.

FYI we're almost surgery buddies! I'm getting a BA on June 4. Woohooo! How excited are you? Congrats on your surgery
I actually think how excited I am is part of the problem! I have very, VERY minor bi-polar, and it is at it's worst right before something exciting. Even something as simple as getting to go to a amusement park, can over excite me, and then lead to the crash... I'm working on it!!! Congrats on your surgery too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
Well, personally, I look at you and Elvis and am in absolute awe that you have lost so much and are still working at it. Sometimes when we want a pity party all it really takes is someone to say I hear ya. So, Chris, I hear ya. You have many people on 3FC who completely understand and can sympathize and empathize. You haven't just done great -- in my view you have achieved a miracle. So know that we understand and are sending you hugs.
Thanks so much! I am still in awe that people like Elvis and I are "not the norm". Even my surgeon (who has been in plastics for 33 years) has never had a patient lose the amount of weight I have without surgery/help. I guess that part of me has not adjusted to reality yet! Like I feel like losing 160 pounds isn't that big of an accomplishment or it's not like "The Biggest Loser". The problem with that thinking is it is completely @ss backward! 160 pounds is a PERSON and there are people who lose significantly less than that and WIN TBL!

Last edited by ikesgirl80; 05-24-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Yes, it's not time for a pity party. It's time for a party party!

Whoo hoo! Way to go!

JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
Well, personally, I look at you and Elvis and am in absolute awe that you have lost so much and are still working at it .
Thanks so much, Betsy. I think I will be "working at it" for the rest of my life. But that's ok, I'm worth it (and what is the alternative, anyway?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesgirl80 View Post
Thanks so much! I am still in awe that people like Elvis and I are "not the norm". Even my surgeon (who has been in plastics for 33 years) has never had a patient lose the amount of weight I have without surgery/help. I guess that part of me has not adjusted to reality yet! Like I feel like losing 160 pounds isn't that big of an accomplishment or it's not like "The Biggest Loser". The problem with that thinking is it is completely @ss backward! 160 pounds is a PERSON and there are people who lose significantly less than that and WIN TBL!
My doctor's offices are shocked too that I have lost this weight in the past 10 months. I think all I needed was the right attitude and the tools (i.e. told what to eat, how much, about exercise, etc. and my trusty log book). It's almost easy (I don't say that very lightly AT ALL) now that I know what to do and have seen tremendous results. But I never forget where I came from and how easy it would be to go back there in a New York minute.

I think I lost more pounds than my nurse weighs and that baffles me (makes me sick, even...) but I'm just doing what I know how to do (get obsessed with a goal and stick to it!). But I don't see or feel like it's a big accomplishment, I'm just plugging along like everyone else. :/

Last edited by elvislover324; 05-24-2013 at 11:35 AM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Yes, it's not time for a pity party. It's time for a party party!

Whoo hoo! Way to go!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
Hugs
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
...But I never forget where I came from and how easy it would be to go back there in a New York minute.

I think I lost more pounds than my nurse weighs and that baffles me (makes me sick, even...) but I'm just doing what I know how to do (get obsessed with a goal and stick to it!). But I don't see or feel like it's a big accomplishment, I'm just plugging along like everyone else. :/

AMEN Elvis!