South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #1  

Default SBD just not working anymore :(

I'm sad because two years ago it worked so well. I've been able to keep 15 lbs off by eating smart since then and following Phase 3 for the most part but I've gained 10lbs that I'm trying to lose. This is my second "try" this year to go back on Phase 1 and, again, no loss (2 lbs). I started 1 1/2 wks ago, followed the diet closely (ate pretty much what I did 2 yrs ago, I have a diary) and nothing, dropped 3 lbs and gained 1 back still on Phase 1.

No idea why but perhaps this just isn't working for my body anymore? Has this happened to anyone else? I really was hoping for a solid 5 lb loss in Phase 1 and then moving into Phase 2.

Frustrated and realize that as I approach 50 (next year) it is getting harder and harder. Maybe a low calorie diet would be better. If anyone has thoughts or suggestions I'd appreciate them.

Thanks

Mexigrl
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Mexigirl, you do not have a lot of weight to lose which may be why you are not seeing "big numbers" during Phase 1. Also, maybe posting a menu or two for the chicks to see might help. Are you exercising? If so your body may be using what you wish you were losing for fuel. How is your water intake?
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

You say that you've been following phase 3... so keep in mind that phase 1 losses are mostly just water weight that we lose when we drastically change our eating habits. If you have been moderately following a south beach life style you will not see the same results that you did the first time around..... that doesnt mean SBD isnt going to work for you, but that your body doesnt have that same need to "detox" as it did the first time around.

I do think that the older we get and the less that we have to lose does make the process more difficult, but certainly not impossible.

I agree with Jekel, if you are willing to post a few daily sample menus, it may help us to see if there is any advice we can give to help you narrow down what the culprit (if there is one) may be (again, keep in mind what worked for you last time may need refining now if you have been eating somewhat healty)
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with the chicks who have already posted. I have also been on SB for a couple of years or so and when I return to PH (which is usually because I have been getting a bit loose with my eating) I never have the whoosh that I first experienced. If I read correctly, you lost 2 pounds in just over a week which is very reasonable.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote