Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Talking My first thread

Hi y'all... my name is Lanna..I have been reading on the forum for three months now and posting journal entries on the Diet Blog but this is the first thread I have started.

I wanted to thank you all for the unfettered support and advice I have gleaned via the forum and the Diet blogs...you are all amazing. I wanted to share with you how it's been going for me too.... to finally try and contribute something. Here I go:

Starting Wt: 321.6 lbs

Last week: 273.8 lbs

This week: 273.6 lbs

Wt lost this week: 0.2 lbs

Total Wt Loss: 48 lbs

Let me start by saying after completing the 15th week and almost 4th full months of Low Carb dieting I am proud of myself. Proud that I have lost 48 lbs and frankly proud I have stuck with it. I am learning to like the change in my eating habits. Admittedly I think about a Big Mac or Brownies from time to time but I don't obsess over them.
Instead I have been obsessing over the scales...which I don't think is such a good thing. I have been weighing morning and night and the ups and downs are driving me batty. I have got to stop. I've thought about switching to just once a week but I'm not sold on that yet either.

I was hoping for better weight loss this week...I haven't cheated AT ALL. But I also haven't stayed as hydrated as usual...and Aunt Flo dropped in Saturday and is still hanging out :P. So...I am blaming the slow loss on water retention and decided I'm just not gonna beat myself up over it.

Okay....four months down and eight to go. Wish me luck and sticking power.
chunkychick321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! And GREAT job so far! 48 pounds in 4 months is awesome! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey!
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #3  

Thanks GordonGirl16 I've had good days and bad days but not ONE DAY so far have I regretted the decision to make a change in my diet...my lifestyle, really. I just try to take it day by day.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, chunkyChick! I weigh morning and night, at a minimum. Sometimes I say that I'll only weigh once a week, but I never hold to it. If I'm on plan, I want to jump on and see results. If I'm off plan, then I need to step on for accountability.

Anyway... enough about me! Congratulations on your 48 pound weightloss; that is awesome!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Congratulations on sticking with your program and on the wonderful weight loss. Keep up the good work.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #6  

Hi newleaf123.....I have continued the morning and night weighing as well. I just have to keep in mind there are SO many factors that influence the scales...not just what I've eaten but how hydrated I am, WHEN I last ate, elimination and monthly hormone changes is just a short list.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #7  

Thanks for taking a moment to encourage me lyv33. Everyday is a challenge and I just have to keep on keepin' on.