Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default physically unable to eat?

i don't have an appetite to begin with, but sometimes (for instance, a few days last week) i just can NOT eat. even the smell of food makes me feel nauseous. i have been force-feeding myself when this happens, but it is very difficult. i was just wondering if anyone else experiences this, and what they do about it.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #2  

Sorry you're having trouble with eating. Have you seen your Doctor? I'm from Jersey too.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitie9399 View Post
Sorry you're having trouble with eating. Have you seen your Doctor? I'm from Jersey too.
unfortunately i do not have one. otherwise i would have asked about this long ago. i haven't seen a regular doctor in *counts on fingers* 8 years. i go to a walk-in clinic when i have something that needs attention, like my recent ear infection, but it's expensive to get testing done and i simply can't afford it. i lost my insurance 7 years ago.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #4  

Hmmm....I'm forbidden from going on WebMD, I'm a hypochondriac--and that's the reason why I'm still up at midnight tonight, anyway--they have doctors you can chat with, maybe they can give you a little insight.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:49 AM   #5  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post
unfortunately i do not have one. otherwise i would have asked about this long ago. i haven't seen a regular doctor in *counts on fingers* 8 years. i go to a walk-in clinic when i have something that needs attention, like my recent ear infection, but it's expensive to get testing done and i simply can't afford it. i lost my insurance 7 years ago.
Do you have a government funded clinic that charges based on income? You can check HERE. I don't have insurance because I work two part time jobs, so this has been a godsend for me. I just pay one set fee any time I walk in the door, no matter what I need to have done.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post
Do you have a government funded clinic that charges based on income? You can check HERE. I don't have insurance because I work two part time jobs, so this has been a godsend for me. I just pay one set fee any time I walk in the door, no matter what I need to have done.
we have a governemnt funded clinic yes, but i can only get afternoon weekday appointments and i only have transportation on weekends and mornings. its complicated. you have to start calling at exactly 8 am, because by 8:05 am they are completely booked, and like i said i have no way to get there. i also need an MRI or my back and a Holter Monitor for my heart condition... and i simply have no way to get it. and i don't qualify for medicaid.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #7  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

If there is one day where I do not feel hungry/feel sick at the thought of food, I don't really care.. If it leads into two days (could be a cold, could be hormones ext..) I will just make myself eat however much I can. It happens rare enough that I don't feel the need to go see a doctor about it. As long as it doesn't happen often, I don't see a reason to be too concerned.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
If there is one day where I do not feel hungry/feel sick at the thought of food, I don't really care.. If it leads into two days (could be a cold, could be hormones ext..) I will just make myself eat however much I can. It happens rare enough that I don't feel the need to go see a doctor about it. As long as it doesn't happen often, I don't see a reason to be too concerned.
i force myself to eat because i know i have to to stay ALIVE, but when it happens even the smell of food being prepared in another room makes me feel sick. and it can last up to a week, and happen as often as every month. it hasnt happened all too much since i started eating slightly better meals, but it still concerns me because of the way it physically affects me. i've actually thrown up just from smelling my grandmother roasting almonds.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #9  

i bought health insurance. i shall be talking to a doctor within the month.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

That happened to me on the pill. It could be insulin/hormonal fluctuations?
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/300/200

Height: 5'11

I have this problem too and my doctors are too busy focusing on my fat and telling me to stop eating wrong to pay attention to anything I'm saying so they're pretty useless I tend to fluctuate from one to the other. On some days I'm lucky if I eat once a day because just the thought of food makes me seriously nauseous. On other days though I have to eat every two hours or my sugar plummets and I get disoriented and cranky but as soon as I finish eating I have to run to the bathroom with the runs and the cycle starts all over again.

I've been battling with my weight for 10 years and I'm so sick of being overweight that I'm almost afraid to eat anything. Is it the same with you? If you find a doctor who can help please tell us what he/she has to say and good luck
Fluffyfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #12  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes my ADHD meds completely kill my appetite and I end up forcing myself to eat (like now, when I've been off them a long time & have just started back). I really hate that awful feeling of knowing I should eat so I don't pass out but really not wanting to put anything in my mouth. Though, usually when it happens, once I start eating I find I don't mind it so much.

I really don't have any advice, and my experiences haven't been as severe as yours appear to be, but I just wanted to say I know that feel Hope your doctor can help!
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote