Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Clothing NSV

For so long, I was so big that I couldn't even shop in the plus size sections of stores. I had to order clothing by mail. I was up to a size 32. One of the drivers for me to start losing weight, besides health reasons, is that I was at the point where I wouldn't even be able to fit into the largest mail order size I could find!

Last year, a NSV for me was to be able to buy clothes at a store rather thn having to order clothing by mail. While I don't enjoy shopping for clothes, it was nice to be able to go to a store and actually find something that fit. But I looked longingly at the regular size clothing section, hoping one day I could shop in that section where there was endless variety and lots of famous designers.

Late last year, I tried to shop for a business suit in the regular size section and nothing fit. . Today, I decided to just give it a try before heading over to the plus size section.

I went to buy a couple of business suits because none of the suits I bought a month and a half ago fit me anymore. I grabbed a size 16 blazer and size 16 pants, 3 suits in all, and decided to try on an XL long-sleeve shirt. I have big boobs and a curvy waist so I doubted I could fit into the shirt, but what the heck, might as well try it.

The blazers fit snugly but not tight. In the mirror they looked great, very slimming, not tight at all. I tried on the first pair of pants and, to my surprise, they were really loose! Same with the second pair! I actually had to tell the attendant to get me size 14 pants

And not only did the shirt fit, but I decided to try a Large and that fit too! I have NEVER been able to fit into something smaller than an XL.

I tried on another suit and grabbed a pair of pants on a hanger that said size 14. I was crushed because those 14's barely fit around my gut. I sucked in the tummy and zipped, but I decided I couldn't buy something quite that tight. I took them off, disappointed and confused, looked at the tag...and they were size 10, not 14! They didn't have 12 or 14 but I thought, if a pair of 10's almost fit, maybe it won't be too long before I can get into 12's! Again, I have NEVER fit into anything smaller than a 14W before, let alone a 12 regular.

I still don't like shopping, but maybe I will change my mind about that now that I have some variety to choose from. I'm even thinking that maybe I should try one of those personal shoppers at Nordstrom since I have very little fashion sense after years of no self-confidence and being relegated to the "big people" section
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:325/CW:290/GW:179

Height: '5"11

That's so exciting! Congrats! I can't wait to be able to shop in the regular size section!!
MegaMegan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

That's amazing!! Good for you
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Congrats! you have come a very long way and should be super proud.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

That's awesome! Congrats, its an amazing feeling to fit into a smaller size!
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Wow! You've come a long way! Congratulations. You will really enjoy the smaller clothes.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 75-165 / 67.9 / 62-135

Heyyy Atta Girl!!

Man, you have come such a long way, you must have nerves of steel!
I'm a clothes fan and have always found it hard to find something suitable. Finding pretty clothes that fit is such a great pleasure :-)

Congrats again,

Lumia
Lumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #8  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

You should be extremely proud of yourself! You've hung in there and you have been successful! Well done!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #9  

Awesome!! Congratulations!

I tried on a bunch of clothes at Lane Bryant the other day and even the smallest ones they had were still too big. Before I started losing weight, their biggest clothes were getting tight. It's such a weird feeling to pick up smaller clothes that fit me. I feel like I'm a fraud buying smaller clothes and always think the cashier will laugh and say "these will never fit you, who are you kidding?"
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote