Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 11:18 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#429

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Sunday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 10-22-2003, 11:53 AM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Arrow First things first....

onto replies:

Barb: What a good decision you are making for YOU! That's why I don't even have a scale in my house because when I did, I hopped on it two or three times a day. Now the only time I weigh is when I go to WI. What a motivation you are!

Mary:
Quote:
Ok where is everyone? No one has posted since last night. Come out and Play
I think I could say the same of you! I know I haven't been posting alot lately because I've been so busy, but I think..... except for one post, we've only seen one and two word sentences from you for the last little while. Don't you know we miss you? We can all do this together..... don't be afraid to share with us. We love you just like you are.

Sandy: Bless your heart little girl. You have really had a hard time lately, haven't you? I've been thinking about you and said a prayer for you and your family. Hope the kids get to feeling better soon.

Terri: I've been meaning to let you know how much your post helped me with some issues I've had in the past. I'm referring to when you were sharing about your pastor talking about how you had to accept their children for who they are. I can't tell you how much your insights meant to me.

Pam: I am so glad you are here with us! Your posts always inspire me and make me laugh. You talk all you want..... we love listening!

J-ann: I don't think I've taken the time to welcome you to Twoterville! Doesn't it feel great? I KNEW you could do it! P.S. Thanks for the info on the English muffins.

Andria: Sorry you've been having trouble with the computer. It sure is good to have you back!

Michelle: I'm sorry to hear that Andrew is sick..... I know that only adds to the load on shoulders. Don't forget to take some time for YOU.....and NEVER forget: I believe in you. I have faith in you. I KNOW you can do this.

2cute: So happy to see you here. You know I truly suffer when you're not here regularly. I think you should just kick all those people out and come to your family here. I am SO proud of you for going swimming at your local gym. You are much braver than me.

Kat: I am UBER proud of you for going to your Body Pump class. You are truly an inspiration to me. I have to live through you for things like that. I don't know if I could EVER go to a gym.

Joanne: My goodness, it sounds like you have been just about as busy as I have been lately. Take some time out for yourself. And don't you worry..... you'll kick that scale's butt next week!

Well, now since I have responded to everyone on the last thread, I feel that I can continue on. I sincerely apologize for not being here alot the last couple of days, but I have been SO busy. You know Saturday we went to Knoxville and how that came out. Well, it took me just about all day on Sunday to catch up on my housework...... I even had to tape the race! Does that tell you how busy I've been?! Monday, I had to go grocery shopping and ran a ton of errands, then Trey had a game Monday night. We had playoffs last night and playoffs next Tuesday. I'm working today and it is my only day off. (non-football) He has practice again tomorrow, Friday... we're going to Atlanta to qualifying for the race, Saturday....we're going to the coach's house for a bonfire and camp out, Sunday.... I'm passing out, Monday..... more practice, Tuesday..... more playoffs and whoever wins that goes to the Superbowl. I'm quite sure I have an ulcer.

Other than that, believe it or not..... I am STILL OP and exercising regularly. Last week, I lost 2.4 and I am continuing on. This is it girls.... I am in it for the long haul. NO turning back. With the exception of one day, I have been OP for five weeks now and have lost almost 18 lbs. Are you with me?!!

I love you all!
Old 10-22-2003, 12:04 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Tina -
Phew...I just read your post and now I think I need a nap - you wore me out just reading about how busy you are!

Just had to say congrats and I am proud of you for staying OP and taking care of yourself while you are so busy taking care of your family!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Barb
Old 10-22-2003, 03:19 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all Today is my Aunts 89th birthday. I bought her lunch and took to her.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:41 PM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow HERE I AM !!!

Here I am !! Unfortunately I did not make it to the pool today... but I am going to do 30 minutes of leg workout in the hot tub. It will help with my flexiblity. Then I am headed to the old house. My daughter and her boyfriend got everything down from the attic and into the garage so I need to go through it and get a lot of it thrown away I am sure. I keep everything.

Tina... WOW !!! you are busy if YOU recorded the races.
I can barely believe it. It makes me ashamed of playing "Spider" instead of doing housework.
I want to say how proud I am of you for staying OP for 5 weeks.
That is even MORE impressive than 18 lbs ... and that is GREAT !!

Kat ... keep the end of April open for the Spring Fling. I think that is what I am going to aim for. In May there are graduations for some of us. I even know one of us may be planning a wedding for May or June too. So ladies... unless I hear from you... Mid to late April is my goal. You all better be posting.... I may limit my invitations to "regular posters". ( Hint hint)

Barb.. you are always so nice to be sure to reply to each of us.
I used to be able to do that regularly... now it is hit and miss.
I truly appreciate your efforts there... and everyone else who takes the time for personal replies.

Mary... Keep hanging in there girl. Lets count how many good days you have this week verses bad. I bet the good will win.
Joanne... I noticed you too are close to TWOTERVILLE
You soon will be there... I am sooo excited for you. !!!

Pam... I am taking you at your word for any time is okay for our spring fling.
I expect to see you there and can't wait to meet you.
You are always so uplifting and positive.

Terri.. you too are just a joy to read.
I just get so motivated with your high spirits.
I don't mean to put pressure on all of you positive people ... we all have the right to a down day now and then ... but I sure do appreciate all of your good days.

Michelle... Hope you don't get what Andrew has ... and I am glad it is not too serious.

Thin... I know you are buried in work today. Please make some time to come out and play with us too.

Okay.. I think I hit everyone.
Be sure to pencil in the last half of April for our gathering.
I know you want an exact date as soon as possible. At least I have opened up all of May and June for you. Even the beginning of April. LOL I have to go buy me a 2004 calendar and get busy determining an exact date. I am getting there.
I have just been so busy with selling this old house. We had a buyer and then lost them. Now we have a new buyer.
I am glad our house seems to have other people who liked it besides ourselves. LOL I have to be OUT by the end of October... that is MY goal. We are suppose to close Nov 13th... but ... then we were suppose to close on the first buyer too.
Cross your fingers and toes.

PS... I need to confess.
I ate like a pig last night.
I am doing MUCH MUCH better today. In fact.. I did great all day yesterday...except our fancy dinner out. But I am not letting it get me down.
I AM DETERMINED to be in Twoterville by April when you all come to meet.
I want to be a "former" 300+er.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-22-2003 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Sure I'll post the coleslaw recipe. We need a thread just for all our recipes. They tend to get lost with all the other postings and there have been some really great recipes posted.

I'll be back either later tonight or early AM to post the recipe and do replies.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:31 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Angry hey hey hey...

I'm jumping in for a "quickie" here...I have to get dinner started. That would be Linquine with Clam Sauce, salad and bread that is baking right now in my almost forgotten about bread maker. The clam sauce is very easy, and low in points...I may have posted the recipe, I forget. If anyone wants it, let me know.

I got my exercise in today. Took a 40 minute walk at a beautiful park while my son was at CCD. I love it when I can squeeze a walk in like that, when I'd just be waiting around for that hour anyway. The leaves are really starting to change color now, so the walk around the lake is just breathtaking. I love how the gorgeous colors are mirrored in the lake...double the pleasure! Even on a cloudy overcast day, there is such beauty out there.

After we got home, he challenged me to a game on basketball. <Oh please, no.> He got me though, he said, "but Mom, I REALLY need the practice and there's no one around," accompanied by puppy dog eyes. (All you mommies know the amazing power of guilt.) I promised him 15 minutes only and that's it! Reluctantly, he agreed to that instead of playing "21." <what does this kid want to do, kill me??> I must say, despite knowing very little about how to play or what to do, I got a rousing workout in those 15 minutes...and it really was a lot of fun. I may have found a new exercise!

Tina, you whirling dervish! 5 weeks,
2cute, April sounds good to me, I think...
Terri, I like the idea of a recipe thread. I'm always looking for something new.

Hi everyone else...gotta get to that dinner now.

Have a good night!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:41 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

went to chat but no one was there
Old 10-23-2003, 01:15 AM   #9  

Mary... you should share what you would have shared in chat in here.
We all want to get to know you even better.

Well ladies... April it is !!!
Tonight my daughter's boyfriend proposed marriage.. finally. LOL
They have been together for 4 years. Of course any sooner would have been too soon. LOL They met her senior year in high school. She graduated college in 3 years and was ready to tie the knot. He took a little longer. LOL
Anyway.. they are hoping for a May wedding so our gathering will definitely need to be done in April.

Kat.... YOU BETTER BE THERE !!!! LOL
Old 10-23-2003, 07:08 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!

It's a little early but it will melt ..... I hope.

Lot's of work to do today. So I have to keep this short. I did get into the peppermint patties yesterday. They are now locked in my car. I'll bring them into the office later where they will magically disappear. I won't eat anymore. I'm over the urge. Thank God.

See ya later,
Old 10-23-2003, 07:52 AM   #11  

2cute: Congrats on your daughters upcoming marriage. Guess you knew it would happen some day....LOL. But better they are really ready than just rushing in to it. Sounds like they both have good heads on their shoulders.

J-Ann: SNOWING!!!! It's way to early for snow!!! Yesterday it rained here, but I did see a few flakes mixed in. The temps have been in the 30's here in the a.m. and yesterday I don't think it made it out of the 40's and started chilling over again after noon time.

Tina: I am so proud of you being on plan for 5 weeks now and 18 lbs gone!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! Keep up the good work, your doing gggggrrrrrreeeeeaaattttt!!!!! Good Luck to Treys team too.

Mary: I think life has just been so busy for chat for anyone. I used to love and live for it, but lately seems I am so busy or just so tired by the time it is time to be in chat. My head has been hitting the pillow at like 8:30-9:00 the past 5 or 6 days.

Kat: Good for you getting out there and playing Basketball. Had fun after all hey. Amazing how much fun we can have with the kids doing the simplest things that make them happy. And just think making lovely wonderful memories at the same time.

Barb & Terri: Wanted to say hi your way too. You all are doing great too. Keep up the good work.

Luv,
Sandy
Old 10-23-2003, 08:00 AM   #12  

GOOD MORNING! IT'S TIME TO GET UP AND SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THANG!

Anything to keep moving and burning calories.

April it is. {Gosh, I'm assuming I'll be invited } Okay, having set the date, we now have two big dates to work towards ladies. For some reason, I'm about January 1st coming so rapidly but I want us all to be able to look back and feel good about accomplishing something. For so many years, I'd hit that time period and say, okay THIS is the year and end the year with little accomplishment. This year, I will have hit my 10% as I'm within reach. Then our next goal will be end of April. Hope you don't mind a bit of in my posts. Ladies, set your goals, make your plans and make sure you're making your environment a no-fail environment (I've been watching too much Dr Phil)

Here's what else I'm going to do with the index cards. I'm going to get different colored cards. DH suggested cards for those really special meals that we enjoy that aren't exactly WW friendly but we truly enjoy making. Those are for once a week or a month. Then a set for recipes that I tear out of magazines thinking I want to make but then forget that I have. I'll be putting where the recipes are, WW point information calculated ahead of time if possible, and ingredient lists. DH and I have really been struggling with the planning part. I get tired of having to do all the planning but when I leave it up to him its fried chicken, potatoes, steak, etc even though he knows the South Beach plan. This should make it less stressful for both of us.

Sorry Mary about chat. We have church on Wednesday nights plus chat just doesn't work well for my connection. I agree with 2Cute - post here instead so we can all know you more and support you better.

J-Ann - Its a little early for snow! We're having a gorgeous fall.

Tina - I'm glad that what I share has helped. His message really opened my eyes and I feel a burden relieved from the awareness. I've been doing a lot of thinking this week about how I seek (or have sought) validation from something else. It occurred to me that we put a lot of expectation on the WI as validation (or blessing) of our efforts. We give that WI too much of ourselves when we should be giving that blessing to ourselves - we know what we've done or not done to accomplish our goals. You're doing awesome!

2Cute - Congrats on "mother-of-the-bride"! What fun!

Kat - Basketball! Good for your son for getting you to play. I really hope that when I'm in NYC we can meet somewhere even if its just to hug each other!

Barb - Where's the next cruise? DH and I want to do either Alaska or the Pacific coast side of Mexico. But first will be San Fran next year.

Okay, I must get going and get on the stationary bike. I have a dental appt this AM so I'm lazing about a bit and I do want to have time to do more ironing before I go.

Have a great day!
Old 10-23-2003, 08:03 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all.
Hope all of you are well.
Weather here is going to be 86 today but at night it is cool
Food wasn't good yesterday I ate KFC with my aunt and left over pizza for dinner. Our new childrens librarian is making us soup for lunch today.

Work is hectic because our shelver has been out for the last month getting over surgery. She has been on dialysis for 30 years and she had to have a new shunt put in. Her sister had surgery last week so she is helping her too. That makes it hard on us doing extra work.

I have started doing my christmas shopping already.
Are we doing the card list this year?

Well I better run get a bath and eat something. Catch you all later
Old 10-23-2003, 08:31 AM   #14  

Oriental Cabbage Salad (South Beach version)

1/2 small head green cabbage (or bagged coleslaw mix)
3 scallions, chopped
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (or sunflowe)

Combine the cabbage, scallions, oil, and vinegar. Toss well and chill until ready to serve. Add the sesame seeds and toss again before serving.

Serves 4

Per serving: 103 calories, 2 g protein, 5 g carbs, 9 g fat, 1 g sat fats, 15 mg sodium, 0 mg chol, 2 g fiber

We add lite soy sauce for a little more pizzazz. Play with the combination for your taste or desire to reduce fat calories.

This is really easy and refreshing.

Enjoy!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:30 AM   #15  

Good morning .. good morning ... good morning !!!
Rise and SHINE !!!!!

Terri .... OF COURSE you are invited !!!! You are EXPECTED to be there.
I just LOVED your post. I am glad you are watching Dr Phil and spreading the good news here. Keep it coming !!! I am going to buy his book soon.

Mary... so good to see you posting and sharing more today.
I want to do the card exchange again too. I am looking forward to it.
I sure like your weather better than those having SNOW already.

Okay... I hate to post and run... but I have a lot to get done today.
MAKE IT A GREAT DAY !!!!
Closed Thread