Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat 5/20/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein pDr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #2  

Hi all!
Back from my weekend away.
I planned how to stay OP and it worked yet again.
It CAN be done no matter what the celebration. It just takes planning (staying in a hotel room with a fridge and a microwave is helpful and was part of the plan).

They had such a nice spread of food and a wedding cake of cupcakes.
Although it all looked good, it was nothing I hadn't had before and nothing I couldn't live without. I brought what I needed (caulirice) and ate the meat. These kinds of celebrations are about the people and the special day, not the food.

Have a great day!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

I had a great weekend. A wedding, dinner out and a movie and stayed on plan all weekend! It was my first BIG test that I could do it out there in the real world under pressure. I took my 10 year old son to see the Croods as my reward for making it to -25lbs (and as his reward for making it through as a great supporter!) We had a great time. Can't wait to do it again at -50lbs.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

It's been a weekend of packing, moving, cleaning... rinse and repeat! Tough moving 2 houses at once (in towns 2 hours away from each other), but such is life!

First official weigh-in of the reboot - down 11lbs in week 1! Could possibly have been more, but TOM showed up, so a lil bloated.

Here's to a great OP week! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5 ft

Happy Monday everyone! Today is day 6 for me on the diet. I am doing pretty well so far. The hunger has subsided and it's getting easier everyday.

I did have a slip up yesterday and had a restricted bar for breakfast and one for snack because I was running later for the circus and had no time to microwave anything :-( I will definitely be more prepared next time.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #6  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Way to go loopers, that's awesome!

Took a week off from working out and may have overdid it this weekend- feeling all kinds of bruised from dance classes, but feeling strong! Dropping a bit of weight and exercising regularly has made my arms SO much stronger while giving them less body weight to lift, and pretty soon I'll have the arm strength to pick up aerial silks again!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopers View Post
It's been a weekend of packing, moving, cleaning... rinse and repeat! Tough moving 2 houses at once (in towns 2 hours away from each other), but such is life!

First official weigh-in of the reboot - down 11lbs in week 1! Could possibly have been more, but TOM showed up, so a lil bloated.

That's fantastic!!! WTG!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!
I'm just catching up on this weekends thread.
Hugs to those that need the extra support for their re-boots, you can do it!

Jen02719- congrats on reaching goal! I'm right with you about being terrified of moving to next phase....... I have 10 more pounds to go and should hit goal weight on date planned. So excited!
My big worry is I go on vacation the following week, scared to death that I'll be feeling so fantastic that I'll just blow the whole thing. I started thinking of what I'm bringing already- might just stay P1 until after- seems like it would be easier to stay in control.

My newest challenge is my 2 college kids are now home and my youngest is graduating H.S. so now more bodies at home nd more food in the house- more meal planning to keep everyone happy! Aaaaaah! I guess that's what this plan is about - planning for real life.

Have a great day everyone.....off to the market.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone..I have a quick question about olive oil. I usually use 1 tsp of olive oil to saute my protein. Is that allowed in program?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
Way to go loopers, that's awesome!

Took a week off from working out and may have overdid it this weekend- feeling all kinds of bruised from dance classes, but feeling strong! Dropping a bit of weight and exercising regularly has made my arms SO much stronger while giving them less body weight to lift, and pretty soon I'll have the arm strength to pick up aerial silks again!
I SOOOO want to try a silks class! It looks like a ton of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprotein View Post
Good Morning everyone..I have a quick question about olive oil. I usually use 1 tsp of olive oil to saute my protein. Is that allowed in program?
That's fine - but do not count it toward your daily 1-2 tsp of oil. When you cook food in oil, not much of it actually makes it into your body.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #11  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopers View Post

Mercy LOOPER that is SOOOOO exciting! I'm on day 3 of reboot and feeling so good and so hopeful! Going today to pick up IP foods. I was IdealToGo and found out just last night they no longer handle IP Foods. I have to drive an hour to get there but it is a gorgeous drive. Smile. So many new recipes to try and this center allows single packet purchases. YAY!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 171/163/120

Height: 5'1"

gmorning y'all!

quick question - those who are doing it on their own.. how do you measure body fat? I know there are various ways and none are accurate.. just wondering if I should buy the Omron BF monitor....?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie111 View Post
gmorning y'all!

quick question - those who are doing it on their own.. how do you measure body fat? I know there are various ways and none are accurate.. just wondering if I should buy the Omron BF monitor....?

Thanks!
I don't - BECAUSE the scales that are commercially available are inaccurate. You can always check to see if there's anyplace in your area that will do a DEXA scan or a water displacement test (those are the most accurate ways to measure Body fat). I let my doctor do a caliper test during my checkups, but my goal was never going to be based on body fat % anyway, so I just watched the scale and the tape measure to make sure things were going in the right direction. (I did IP on my own from week 10 all the way to maintenance).
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #14  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I SOOOO want to try a silks class! It looks like a ton of fun!
I took it for a few months but I didn't have the arm strength to lift my hevy self for climbing, so I stopped while I build arm muscle. I think I'm almost ready to go back.

You should totally try it out! Nothing makes you feel strong and graceful like silks. It's a full body workout and others find it super impressive when you tell them you do a Cirque du Soleil activity. :P
Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Hi Everyone,
After 15 weeks and 42.4 pounds lost I am ready to exercise! Would love to know what kind of exercise works well with Ideal Protein and not needing more calories or over using muscles - thoughts? Thanks!
Closed Thread