Old 05-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 337/296/209

Height: 5:10

Default New here and on Ip for 4 weeks :)

Hello,

Ive read many posts over the past weeks and decided to finally jump in and say hello! Ive been on IP for just over 4 weeks and have had good results with 32lbs the first 28 days.(60 lbs to go) I hope to continue to gather great info from everyone and add my insight.

Frank
lucypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #2  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you're doing great!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #3  

Thank You!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Wow!! Congratulations on your loss. I am also new to the program (lost 5 pounds the first week). I didn't know people could lose as fast as you are, that is amazing!
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucypenny View Post
Hello,

Ive read many posts over the past weeks and decided to finally jump in and say hello! Ive been on IP for just over 4 weeks and have had good results with 32lbs the first 28 days.(60 lbs to go) I hope to continue to gather great info from everyone and add my insight.

Frank
32 lbs in less than a month! Wow! Good for you! I hope to lose 25 in 8 weeks and hope that isn't pushing it. I am only day 5 now, but i already can tell I am burning fat and my body is starting to lose.

Good luck to you and I am anxious to see everyone's progress as we take this journey together.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Wow!! Congratulations on your loss. I am also new to the program (lost 5 pounds the first week). I didn't know people could lose as fast as you are, that is amazing!
Thank You you! Stick with it and the weight will come off. We all loose at different levels. My secret has been absolutely no cheats. Water and black coffee have become my best friends. Im hoping to keep up 5-7 per week but we shall see! It sure is refreshing to meet others in the same boat. Others who are not doing this pretend they know but until they walk a mile in our shoes... they only pretend to relate. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
32 lbs in less than a month! Wow! Good for you! I hope to lose 25 in 8 weeks and hope that isn't pushing it. I am only day 5 now, but i already can tell I am burning fat and my body is starting to lose.

Good luck to you and I am anxious to see everyone's progress as we take this journey together.
Thank you! Its a great feeling knowing we are shrinking! You can do it in 8 weeks no problemo.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Keep up the good work. Expect good weeks and not as good weeks along the way, you will get to your goal eventually.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5 ft

Congratulations. That is awesome!
Nickc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Keep up the good work. Expect good weeks and not as good weeks along the way, you will get to your goal eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc33 View Post
Congratulations. That is awesome!
Thanks! Its working great for me. I am good at fixating on what I am doing so the diet has been easy for me. I am a product of weight loss surgery that worked until I put the weight back on over a 7 year period. With this new understanding of food... and how it effect the body, I think I am on a new lifelong path of carb/sugar control for good!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #11  
Started IP 5/13/13

So, i had a very challenging couple of days. I had to travel and be gone overnight for a family gathering (funeral). I prepared all my food in advance, and had a cooler with everything i would need.

When everyone was gathered for our big meal....buffet style, i tried to be inconspicuous with my food. However, once someone noticed i wasn't eating all the yummy goodies i started getting a lot of questions. I tried to explain very basically about my IP program but mostly everyone was somewhat critical and i got teased quite a bit. One person even said, "and you seriously believe this!?"

I wish they had been more supportive, but i figure if i could get through this weekend without cheating i can do this!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
So, i had a very challenging couple of days. I had to travel and be gone overnight for a family gathering (funeral). I prepared all my food in advance, and had a cooler with everything i would need.

When everyone was gathered for our big meal....buffet style, i tried to be inconspicuous with my food. However, once someone noticed i wasn't eating all the yummy goodies i started getting a lot of questions. I tried to explain very basically about my IP program but mostly everyone was somewhat critical and i got teased quite a bit. One person even said, "and you seriously believe this!?"

I wish they had been more supportive, but i figure if i could get through this weekend without cheating i can do this!
YES you can do it! I had a similar situation on week 2 were I had to go to a friends house for a BBQ and everyone was drinking beer and wine in the backyard and eating the most amazing looking BBQ. (probably looked amazing because I couldn't have it) Most were supportive that I was on a diet but a few... after some wine drinking started asking me the same questions. I had eaten a bar in the truck before getting there so I simply drank water during the party. Being pushed on the subject on why I wouldn't eat I finally told one of the party people I wasn't eating because watching my mom die at 56 of cancer had robbed my three kids of 30 more years with her and at my unhealthy rate, I was on track to kill myself with poor health by 60. AND that ended that conversation in its tracks. Now I'm waiting for the day when they see me again in 3 more months and say "you look amazing... what did you do?" and I can tell them " I acted like the responsible Father that my dad raised me to be and plan on being around for my kids for another 40 years."

Just remember that the ones who are most critical probably have the biggest insecurities of all. Keep on going and keep not cheating!!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7

Wow, good for you! I get so irritated with people who seem to make it their problem what you're doing with your life!

Hey, how about you just don't worry about it and let me take care of myself?!

Keep rockin'!
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #14  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucypenny View Post
YES you can do it! I had a similar situation on week 2 were I had to go to a friends house for a BBQ and everyone was drinking beer and wine in the backyard and eating the most amazing looking BBQ. (probably looked amazing because I couldn't have it) Most were supportive that I was on a diet but a few... after some wine drinking started asking me the same questions. I had eaten a bar in the truck before getting there so I simply drank water during the party. Being pushed on the subject on why I wouldn't eat I finally told one of the party people I wasn't eating because watching my mom die at 56 of cancer had robbed my three kids of 30 more years with her and at my unhealthy rate, I was on track to kill myself with poor health by 60. AND that ended that conversation in its tracks. Now I'm waiting for the day when they see me again in 3 more months and say "you look amazing... what did you do?" and I can tell them " I acted like the responsible Father that my dad raised me to be and plan on being around for my kids for another 40 years."

Just remember that the ones who are most critical probably have the biggest insecurities of all. Keep on going and keep not cheating!!
It is so ironic that you mentioned your dad dying young. I also said that i was going down the same track as my mother who had become diabetic and died of a heart attack at 60.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am anticipating some summer bbq's this year that will be very similar for me.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #15  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Wow, good for you! I get so irritated with people who seem to make it their problem what you're doing with your life!

Hey, how about you just don't worry about it and let me take care of myself?!

Keep rockin'!
Thanks!