Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #1  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Default IP Daily Chat Weekend Edition 5/18-5/19

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
and also here Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
Are currently residing in the the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #2  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Home again Home again Jiggetty Jig...

Well... I'm recovered from major back surgery and still battling post knee surgery - may have to get it fixed again. This little detour began in Sept. I'm excited to be allowed to IP again. Day 1 just began... YAY!

Tiny history for those who don't know me... I successfully lost 50 pounds over 2 years ago (which was my goal)... I've been almost totally non-active due to these crazy surgeries starting in Sept (I asked my 4 kids which of them had stepped on that proverbial crack in the sidewalk... They all had! LOL...) and have gained back 30 of those lost pounds. I sure felt better at the lighter weight. I should add... I had already gained back 15 over the 2 years. Since the surgeries only added another 15 and am pretty sure that is all the metal! Smile.

Well.. Here goes meal number 1. Dill pickles are in the fridge. Ready! Set! GO!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone... wanted to share... I made Rainbows icecream recipe last night ... and YUM!!!! Was so easy and solved my icecream cravings. Thanks Rainbow!
Welcome back Maykat.. glad your doing better.
Have a good weekend. Its supposed to rain here in Maryland all weekend....
Old 05-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Good morning! What's everyone's weekend plans? I think I may devote the day to shopping, its suppose to be a rainy weekend here. Summer is approaching and I literally have no clothing. I may even try on shorts...for the first time in....idk 10 years? Scary thought.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back maycat & welcome to all the new folks. I was in class all day yesterday and just read yesterdays daily this morning. I was surprised with how many people were just starting IP this week.

Sonyasbug have fun shopping. I bought some shorts this week too. I haven't worn shorts in years, pretty much just capris in the summer.

It was a little weird looking at myself in the dressing room mirror with the shorts on. It took me a little while to process what I was seeing. At first it seemed like I was still looking at the bigger me in the mirror, but after a minute or two I actually think they looked ok. I probably would have felt better if my legs weren't so white! I need to pick up some of the Jergens Natural Glow lotion this weekend.

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to wear them this weekend. It's supposed to be low 70's, so I think it might be better to wear capris anyway.

DD is playing softball at noon and then I'll be working on the yard & mulching again. It's going to be an extra packet day today or possibly phase 2. I've been trying to decide if I want to start phase 2 this Monday or wait another week.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #6  
Start Date Oct. 29, 2014!

S/C/G: 215/215/125

Height: 4'11

So, I'm at the end of my first week (tonight will officially be a week)...I snuck on the scale a day early and saw that I'm down 10 lbs...but I'll wait and see where it lands tomorrow.

I'm doing a generic version of IP...using ProtiDiet foods. Yesterday - I used the ProtiDiet cereal...honey almond something I think...it's an unrestricted...but I wasn't thinking and followed their instructions to mix it into milk...not much...it was like 125 ml of milk (not sure if their use of milk makes it restricted, or if that should only be done for other phases?)....It wasn't until after I remembered that milk is only with one coffee during Phase 1 and that I remember hearing IP cereals are mixed with water.

Is my accidental milk going to throw anything off? I used skim...and I never put milk in my coffee....

?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

rkcolbert- Probably not if it was just one time. There are some people who accidentally had 2 restricted items a day for the first week and still lost. It seems like on the first week you can do no harm with the screw ups. It's such a drastic reduction in calories from the way most of us ate before IP we end up with big losses anyways. Not to mention the water weight we are getting rid of.

Congrats on getting through the first week!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Morning everyone! I agree Ragdoll with the dressing room mirrors and the stark white legs I went to get a bathing suit this week and it took a bit but I started to like the way I looked! Then I had to go back out to the racks because I now have a selection to choose from and not just a large black "cover-it-all" suit! Hands-down best shopping moment and who'da thunk it'd be a bathing suit shopping trip?!?

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm at work for a bit today and then car shopping tomorrow, hoping to sneak in a bike ride and some gardening too
Old 05-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #9  

Welcome to all the newcomers!

In the first post of every daily chat, there are links for lots of recipe threads and links for newcomers. Be sure to read carefully. Most thread topics are already "out there" if you take some time to do some reading...which is very important for success on this diet!

There is a "What are you eating" thread that will give you LOTS of ideas of things to try.

I thought I'd share my weekend plan
I'm out of town for a wedding & we flew here. I made reservations at a hotel with mini-fridge and microwave in the room (Hampton)

I made my pudding packet/zucchini muffins (in recipe thread) to bring along.
I also made garlic breadsticks with added zucchini (see rainbow's recipe thread & add zucchini like my muffins)
I got veggies all ready for the flight (mini cukes and celery sticks) and then LEFT THEM in the fridge at home
So glad there were veggies in my muffins and breadsticks!

Just went to the store to rectify that oversight.

The wedding reception will be Mexican food (groom is Mexican AND he is a chef). I'll be taking asparagus mockamole (see recipe thread) and caulirice made Mexican-style. They'll have meat at the reception. I'll also get a bag of lettuce.

I found out the reception menu several weeks ago so I could advance-plan. That is the secret to success on IP. Planning. I'm heading to a friend's house to do the food prep before the wedding. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Have a great weekend (long weekend if you're in Canada!)
Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Sunny and 70's here. Heading out to golf today can't wait. Daughter is graduating college tomorrow - didn't meet my mini goal of getting to 160 but look and feel great in new dress so that's a big NSV for me anyway! Just hoping to stay OP for celebration afterwards.

MQuinn- so much fungo shop when you like how things look!

Have a Great Weekend all!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

I'm headed out to visit a few thrift stores this morning to see if I can find a few new shirts. Need to replenish my closet after that major purge last month
Old 05-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #12  

Trying to learn and understand. Your comments appreciated.
I regualrly eat Trader Joes nonfat plain greek yogurt...plain, as the base for breakfast shakes, frozen, etc.
Nutritional content as follows:
saturated/trans fats 0
cholesterol 0
Sodium 70mg
Potassium 270mg
Carbs 7g
fiber 0
sugars 6g
protein 22g

This seems to meet the requirements for IP carb and protein wise. Do you think it would counter act with IP program if I continued to eat this?

Thanks to experienced IPers for their input.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #13  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Hello.... I am doing some thrift shopping today as well! Happy OP DAY!
Old 05-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hey all... I've been a major lurker lately. Having a rough time personally... Sad breakup of a long relationship, quit my job, and moving back to my hometown (far away). So everything in my life is in upheaval and I have been eating my pain, as they say, and I've decided enough is enough. I don't even have cravings for anything in particular... I just eat whatever the heck I want and feel disgusting.

I've had so much success with IP (alternatives) in the past and its time to recommit.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

djs06 Hi, Sorry for the rough patch you've hit in your life. Remember when one door closes another opens. Hang in there and know it does get better.

Hugs!

Last edited by New Englander; 05-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Closed Thread