Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #1  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Default New Playlist

As you might be able to tell by my screen name I'm a punk rock girl - Bad Relgion is my favorite band, but as much as I love punk music, it's not all that great to work out too - at least not most of the stuff I listen to. I'm not to the point where I can run fast enough to keep up with the anger that builds everytime I hear some of my favorites.

I like pretty much all genres of music (aside from contemporary country), but I've never really listened to a lot of pop/dance music that would be good for running/working out.

I've been randomly buying stuff on iTunes and Amazon, but that gets kind of expensive and I was hoping I could get some suggestions on some good work out songs. Anything with a good beat and a catchy hook would work just fine.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #2  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I would have thought punk rock would make really music to run to.

How about Social Distortion (Bad Luck, Cold Feelings); Green Day (Holiday; Brain Stew).

I'm a big fan of MUSE. So, my list would include Uprising, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Hyper Music, Time is Running Out, Plug In Baby... ok, I could go on and on.

Last edited by joefla70; 05-17-2013 at 10:02 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #3  
Kelly

The problem is the tempo to most of the songs is too fast for me to keep up with. I've been finding myself trying to do too much too fast when I listen to my usual stuff. I do really like Social Distortion, but I admit that I get bored of it after awhile - and they're kind of depressing, not great for upbeat movement. I'm not a huge Green Day fan - I liked American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, but not really into their older stuff / or the newer stuff for that matter.

I'm trying to broaden my horizons a little. Listening to the same 100 songs over and over again is sucking the life out of me.

Last edited by punkrocksong; 05-17-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #4  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
The problem is the tempo to most of the songs is too fast for me to keep up with. I've been finding myself trying to do too much too fast when I listen to my usual stuff. I do really like Social Distortion, but I admit that I get bored of it after awhile - and they're kind of depressing, not great for upbeat movement. I'm not a huge Green Day fan - I liked American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, but not really into their older stuff / or the newer stuff for that matter.

I'm trying to broaden my horizons a little. Listening to the same 100 songs over and over again is sucking the life out of me.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I really don't listen to any of the music that I used to listen to growing up. I really love Pandora and I listed to that mostly when I'm in my car. I've discovered a lot of music I love that way. Strangely, some of the music I found myself listening to is stuff I never would have before.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #5  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

OK -- These are not anywhere even close to punk rock, but if you're looking to broaden your horizons... Nothing I listen to is the hottest, hippest tune out there, but they keep me moving on my "Exercise Playlist."

Look into Shakira -- Bamboo, She Wolf, ...for Africa --- I never thought I'd like Shakira, but heard the songs and thought it would be good to work out to, and went looking for them -- all of them by Shakira.

I was in college in the 80's so there are a lot of songs from that era that I enjoy. Madonna, Pointer Sisters, Duran Duran, Chaka Kahn, Huey Lewis & the News, Michael Jackson's Thriller ... so many. You might just check out an 80's compilation and see what you like.

Lately, I downloaded some Bruno Mars and Katy Perry - firework, teenage dream --- again, not usually my taste in music, but a very good beat to exercise to.

Have fun listening!

Last edited by AwShucks; 05-17-2013 at 10:19 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Some of my favorites are:

Ace of Base ~ All that she wants, the sign
Hanson ~ anything, they are my favorite band <3
Technotronic ~ Move This
Aqua ~ Barbie Girl, Roses are Red
Frankie Valli & The four seasons ~ Big girls don't cry
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ Call me maybe
Eminem ~ Lose Yourself

And for my cool down, my favorite song is Eminem & Rihanna ~ Love the way you lie

I have many more, but way too much to type!

Chris
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #7  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

Not at all punk, but here is my list.

Macklemore- Can't Stop Us
Glee- Closer, Fix You, Scientist, Cough Syrup, Give Your Heart A Break, Rumor Has It/Someone, & You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Lumineers- Ho Hey, Stubborn Love
Mumford and Sons!!!!! ANYTHING, as I LOVE THEM!
Of Monsters and Men- Little Talks
Pink- Truth About Love
Rhianna- Stay
Timeflies- I Choose U
Halestorm- Here's To Us
Imagine Dragons- Radioactive, It's Time

I have these on my phone, as I still haven't figured out how to transfer things bought on Google Play Store or Amazon to iTunes.
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #8  
Kelly

Awshucks - I really like Shakira, I'll have to see what I can dig up. I can't do Katy Perry though - more on principal than anything.

ikesgirl80 - Lose Yourself is in my top ten favorite songs...I don't how someone could not get motivated listening to it. My best friend keeps telling my that Hanson is actually pretty good - I just keep hearing Mmmmm Bop over and over again.

Going2BeThatGirl - I was pleasantly surpised by Macklemore. I also stumbled across Of Monsters and Men and the Lumineers awhile ago - I like Of Monsters and Men. I've heard a few things from Halestorm...and I liked what I heard. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive...I didn't like it the first few times I heard it but now it's definitely on my car playlist.

joefla70 - Pandora cracks me up. I think I was listening to Rise Against radio and a Nickelback song came on. Funny because not the same genre...and funny because I love Rise Against and hate Nickelback with a fiery passion! Amazon has some pretty hilarious suggestions too - I was listening to Drop Kick Murphy's and they suggested that I would also like Bel Biv Devoe's Poison.

Last edited by punkrocksong; 05-18-2013 at 09:21 AM.