South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wonderful Weekend - May 18 & 19

We Canadians are heading into the first long weekend of the season - Victoria Day. It used to be celebrated with fireworks but that seems to have moved to Canada Day on July 1. Lots of fun events are happening and I think every second house will have a yard sale happening.

Got on the scale this morning. Mistake! I have not been eating properly all this week - three foodie events last weekend and then cookie baking with sampling throughout the week. Combine this with some other stresses and up goes the scale. I'll kill my ticker for a while and think pure!

I'm about to pack up my car with stuff including the $$ float for the Quilting Biddies' bake sale and hope to be back here by 9. I still have some brownies to make for tomorrow's Tea Party and then plan to do the three planters at the Mill. I have manure, earth and plants in my trunk. I guess the baking will have to be transported to the Hall in the back seat tomorrow morning.

Hoping to work in some time to breathe, pet dogs and enjoy my back deck later today! (Still have not cleaned up the front porch!) Asparagus and a chicken skewer on the grill is the plan.

It's going to be busy but I sure do love Spring!!!! Hope your weekend is as enjoyable. What's a'happenin' by you?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning,Ruth, and everyone!

My day is starting off busy, but includes another visit to a plant farm, so I'm happy.

Have a great day and I'll check in later!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! You sound horribly busy as always, Ruth. I'd recommend not using that truck to haul baked goods any time soon . Hope you get a wee bit of free time today!

Cottage - enjoy your trip to the plant farm!

I work at 9 today, but I think I'll stop at a garage sale or two on the way there. I told DH that I wanted to go to the greenhouse today, so hopefully he'll be my chauffeur after I get off work.

Have a beautiful spring day y'all!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Phew Ruth do you ever take a moment to breathe???? Linda enjoy the plant farm. Yankeeinthesouth, don't beat yourself up over the donuts. Gone, learn from it and move on. We have all been there done that more times than we care to admit

Natasha, have fun at the wedding and great job doing the Autism walk.

Sigh last day before returning to work. Very bad train accident last night. A train derailed which caused an oncoming train to strike it. Still awaiting to find out the cause. Today I am going for my ride, not sure where, then home to cook and prep for the week. Realized last night this is my long week and I have training in NJ on Tuesday. Me thinks I will be a little tired and cranky by Thursday. I cannot believe next weekend is Memorial Day. Time is just flying by!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Tried to get in earlier but the signal was weak. It's another day - lather, rinse repeat. Haircut, shopping, getting rid of stuff I don't want to move. Packing, carrying, cleaning. It will almost be a relief to go away for a few days!

The sun is out and I am taking a break this afternoon for a walk in the woods. The heck with all the To Do stuff!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Just got done eating breakfast and need to clean the house and go grocery shopping today but it looks to be a beautiful morning.

Ruth as usual you are the busiest person I know, take some me time in there

Cottage enjoy the plant farm

Twynn hopefully work will go by quickly for you

Jennifer hopefully not a commuter train? Enjoy your ride today

Cyndi you are almost there and then you will be able to enjoy your work and effort to get everything organized from old place to new.

Went with DH to see Star Trek it was pretty good. Have a good day and try to fit some down time to enjoy the day today.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Just bought myself some "me Time for $20. Picked up 5 packages of 6 bake shop brownies which can be fancied up a bit with sprinkles and then cut in half. Voila! 5 dozen brownies in no time!

Now the dogs and I are going to sit on the deck in the sun and plan the rest of the day. Thinking beer-can chicken for dinner but always feel I need to invite someone when I do it. I'm trying to erase that silly thought.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #8  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Victoria Day, Ruth. I blush to say I wasn't familiar with that holiday!

Cyndi, I read your question about places to eat in Baltimore. I lived there until I was 10, but don't know the city well now. HOWEVER, the most famous place, then and now, is Little Italy. Any guidebook or policeman will point you there -- I don't know the addresses. It's several streets in the old Italian Quarter with some very interesting, nonfranchise (real owners, and the owners are there!) restaurants. Have fun!

I am almost finished with school FOREVER. I taught my last class last week, gave my last exam. I will grade my last paper today (I had 40 10-page papers to grade and 10 40-page booklets!) Grades and comments are tomorrow and Monday, then graduation rehearsals and end-of-year-stuff, and graduation next Saturday. And then a quiet will descend (I hope!)

I have not been on any plan, and won't be until next weekend.

Have a good weekend everyone! It's gloomy and raining here; hope it's better where you are.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I have a lazy weekend. Today I've spent hours so far with my new Kindle, an early birthday gift. Later I'll do more trip research. Then I have the new Dan Brown book waiting for me. (Hardcover; not Kindle. I take whatever format my mom passes on to me.) There are two graduation parties that I'm not going to; I hardly know the people so am being anti-social.

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #10  

I spent a very satisfying morning getting all my flower beds planted and we finished up planting the garden, just in time for Mother Nature to do the watering for us. Now I'm taking a short break before I have to hop in the shower and get ready to spend a "girls only" afternoon at my SIL's.

Ruth, that was great idea to get the bakery brownies and dress them up, and well worth the money for the extra time it bought you! Enjoy the rest of your day with your feet up!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello! Today is Day 1 of P1! I woke up late, today. Hope to get in 6 mini-meals, though!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. I am about to line the back seats of my car with plastic to transport a whole mess of cookies over to the hall for 10 a.m. Then I am coming back home for some quality time with my dogs. Jazz seems very quiet and needs some one on one time, I think. It's been a very busy week.

The Tea Party is sold out! I am not working the kitchen of the floor but plan to enjoy the party with Donna and Wendy and three excited little girls. There will be a Mad Hatter Tea Party play, violin music and even some dancing with characters in costume. The Hall is looking wonderful with the tea tables very pretty and other decor. I hope to get some pictures.

Later today, I have a lad coming to look at my fence situation. Poor Jazz has been on the lead when he goes out and misses his freedom. He did get two hours of lap time last night when I watched the James Taylor/Carol King special on PBS!

OK - another coffee cut the last pan of squares and I'm outta here. If I'm in and outta there early, I won't get involved in making fancy tea party sandwiches!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - great idea on the brownies, and the tea party sounds lovely! Poor Jazz - hope the fence can get fixed.

I'm running off to the grocery before church ~ friends are coming over for supper, and I think I'll throw some chicken on the smoker. I guess I should figure out a grocery list real quick so I only have to go once (yeah, right).

And I'm off!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #14  

Good morning!

I just folded up the tarp that was lining the seats and cargo space in my car, now that I have all my plants. I'll keep it handy, though, just in case I see something I can't resist. Have fun at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Ruth. It sounds positively delightful!

It's a rainy morning here, perfect for my gardens, but not so welcome for the outdoor birthday bash at the farm later today. It's a good thing there are several huge tents, but I do hope it clears up before the festivities begin. I'm about to run over there for a last minute go-over to make sure everything looks good and get the mudroom ready for the caterers stuff. I hope to spend the rest of the day loafing until it's time to get ready for the big "do" this evening.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #15  

Good luck on getting everything you need at the store on your first run, Tammy! No rain for you guys?
Closed Thread