General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Considering doing a cleanse

I feel like I need a short 2-day simple cleanse. Nothing overly drastic, just a little re-set on my metabolism because I've been slipping from my diet the past few days.

I have a friend that did a 90 day juice fast and he lost over 100lbs and is now slowly incorporating food back into his life. Very drastic, and I have no interest in that. But he's alive, well and has never felt better. I've never been keen on miracle cleanses but does anyone have experience with a short simple cleanse?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Not a first hand experience..but

A friend of mine consumes only water and fruits (that too limited amount of fruits; say like an apple and banana for lunch, which means you can't just eat till you are full) every once a week. So out of the 7 days in a week, for one day she will just have water and her limited no. of fruits. Says it makes her feels .....for lack of a better term...... rejuvenated

Also, some people say that after detox., you tend to feel a bit sick as the toxins leave your body. Anyways, I feel 2-days should be fine. Just don't starve the entire time though..just my opinion..I don't have any experience on this and chances are, I might be wrong!!!

Last edited by appyfizz; 05-14-2013 at 09:51 AM.
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #3  

I've heard about the toxins thing too. What a good idea to do a light cleanse one day a week. I'd never be able to do that though, I'm thinking more along the lines of having a once a week free-for-all lol.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Lol..me too!! I tried what my friend does, but couldn't even last till noon!! The hunger pangs were so terrible that my office colleague actually asked me whether I was farting....not kidding!!

Last edited by appyfizz; 05-16-2013 at 02:15 AM.
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by appyfizz View Post
Lol..me too!! I tried what my friend does, but couldn't even last till noon!! The hunger pangs were so terrible that my office colleague actually asked me whether I was farting....not kidding!!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Cleansing

HiWannaBe =)

I've done about a zillion cleanses before and while they can be effective, the serve mostly to just drive me crazy. I would not do one at this point in my life because I feel that my drive to cleanse was unhealthy (even though I tried to say it was in the name of health, it was really just in the name of disordered eating).

What about doing two days of healthy eating in which you really prep your food ahead of time and include mostly fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. You could eliminate dairy and processed for two days and I bet by day 3 you'd feel lighter.

Sample:

Breakfast:Big Fruit salad
Lunch: Steamed vegetables with 1/2 cup brown rice
Dinner: Broiled/Roasted chicken with steamed broccoli

Maybe if you do this, you can last longer than noon. I hear you with that though - I've attempted tons of cleanses that never lasted more than a few hours. It just isn't natural to deprive yourself if you don't have to.

Good luck!!

Lauren
LaurenM427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM427 View Post
HiWannaBe =)

I've done about a zillion cleanses before and while they can be effective, the serve mostly to just drive me crazy. I would not do one at this point in my life because I feel that my drive to cleanse was unhealthy (even though I tried to say it was in the name of health, it was really just in the name of disordered eating).

What about doing two days of healthy eating in which you really prep your food ahead of time and include mostly fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. You could eliminate dairy and processed for two days and I bet by day 3 you'd feel lighter.

Sample:

Breakfast:Big Fruit salad
Lunch: Steamed vegetables with 1/2 cup brown rice
Dinner: Broiled/Roasted chicken with steamed broccoli

Maybe if you do this, you can last longer than noon. I hear you with that though - I've attempted tons of cleanses that never lasted more than a few hours. It just isn't natural to deprive yourself if you don't have to.

Good luck!!

Lauren
Thanks for your input Lauren. I teeter between doing it and not doing it. I don't particularly think it's harmful to lay off on eating for a couple of days, but can I do it? Probably not lol. Maybe doing just a fruit and vegetable cleanse might be better than a juice cleanse.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/190/?

I know that I'm pulling up an old thread, but since there are no other discussions of juice cleanses, I really want to weigh in.

I've done 3 day juice cleanses a handful of times. I find them useful when I've been eating poorly or when I'm not feeling 100%. I tried to do one once when I had been eating really light and clean- it was horrible and didn't make it through my second day. Usually, Day 1 is a little hard, but midway through Day 2, I always feel so full of energy. I'm always drawn to healthy, clean foods after finishing these cleanses- I feel like it shocks my system into wanting to eat healthy.

If you plan to do a juice cleanse, I have a little advice- Don't try to limit your juices. If you are hungry, drink one. Try to include some veggies juices as well. Throw in some almond milk or a protein shake if you feel like you need it. Just listen to your body, it knows what you need.
Missy789 is offline   Reply With Quote