Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Default What will you do at goal?

Being so close to goal (about 10-15 pounds and a tummy tuck away!), I have a whole list of rewards/bucket lists stuff that I want to schedule it! I know it will take years to do EVERYTHING I want, but I figure that would be good for maintenance, right?

I may (OK, will) come back and add more and check them off as I do them! I will also upload the pictures tonight, as my work network won't let me!

1. get my tattoo (see attached pictures)
2. Sky jump http://www.stratospherehotel.com/Tower/Rides/SkyJump
3. Bungee jump
4. Cedar Point, without worrying if I fit or not https://www.cedarpoint.com/
5. Buy my first bikini and wear it proudly
6. Dance for 1 night at an adult club (unless I make a sh!t ton of money!)
7. A WHOLE day at the spa (massage, treatments, oh my!)
8. My new hair style (see attached pictures)
9. New clothes
10. Run a Marathon
11. Run the Los Angeles Marathon
12. Run a triathlon
13. Go back to Europe (my last trip was not what I wanted it to be for various reasons.
14. Visit Auschwitz
15. Meet Jillian Michaels again
16. Meet Bob Harper
17. Meet Carrot Top
18. Six Flags Magic Mountain (last time I was there I couldn't fit on about 1/2 the stuff)
19. Belly button pierced
20. Hawaii
21. Japan
22. hiking (possibly a long distance one) Appalachian Mountains
23. hiking overseas (Alps?)
24. cross country road trip
25. Alaska to see polar bears
26. Boudoir photos
27. Run outside/at gym in tiny shorts and sports bra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-05-14 13.01.20.jpg (26.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-05-14 13.16.10.jpg (22.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg giusybuscemi.jpg (28.4 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by ikesgirl80; 05-20-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: adding pics
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

That is a great list! You're so close, too. Do you know which one you're going to do first?

I don't necessarily have a list of things I am going to do once I hit goal (aside from the happy dance, lol), but I do plan on buying a ridiculously expensive dress. I'm thinking that making sure it still fits so I can continue to wear it will be good motivation to not regain again.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #3  

You didn't put in naps anywhere on your list!!

I love your list, I haven't even thought about goal yet but you inspired me. 40lbs seems so far away to me even though I have conquered so much.

You are amazing, you must feel so wonderful and a huge sense of accomplishment. It's people like you that make me want to keep going. And I'm copying some of your ideas from your list and will think of you when I check them off mine!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

Well hello to Houston from Houston! Congrats on your loss so far, its amazing!

Haha, well my answer has been to keep questioning my goal weight, but considering I've moved from saying "maybe 5 more" to "I think just 1 more" that shouldn't last too much longer! I've started the slow process of increasing calories, so I guess I'll let my body decide now.

But as for what I'm going to do when I actually get there? Well a friend from the gym has offered to take me for dinner when I call goal. Is it strange that the biggest thing on my list is too make my goal post for here? Cause I'm super excited for that!

I may have to steal a few from you though! Especially all the roller coaster ones!
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Hopefully, I'll get pregnant when I reach my weight loss goal

When I reach my fitness goal I will complete an Ironman Triathlon.
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/147/125

Height: 5'8"

Just one thing on my list. I will be buying a bikini and heading to the beach.
punky941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I'm having a baby (or at least trying)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

I have these huge flat moles on my back that I dislike so much!! When I reach my goal weight (10-15 more lbs), I am going to get them REMOVED! Hoping to do so at the end of the summer

PS HI fellow Houston gals!
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #9  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm going to Disneyland! Just kidding. Here's my list (which is really fun to think about, so thanks for starting this thread).

In no particular order:

* Shop till I drop
* Shop till I drop
* Shop till I drop

luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
You didn't put in naps anywhere on your list!!

I love your list, I haven't even thought about goal yet but you inspired me. 40lbs seems so far away to me even though I have conquered so much.

You are amazing, you must feel so wonderful and a huge sense of accomplishment. It's people like you that make me want to keep going. And I'm copying some of your ideas from your list and will think of you when I check them off mine!!
Elvis, although I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to nap, I feel like I have napped my life away. For several years I slept close to 18 - 20 hours a day due to high insulin. However, I am sure I will nap between each item! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachAndrea85 View Post
I have these huge flat moles on my back that I dislike so much!! When I reach my goal weight (10-15 more lbs), I am going to get them REMOVED! Hoping to do so at the end of the summer

PS HI fellow Houston gals!
Hey Houston! I have skin tags around my eyes that I would like to have removed, but that is something that I will get done eventually, regardless of weight.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfacts View Post
Well hello to Houston from Houston! Congrats on your loss so far, its amazing!

Haha, well my answer has been to keep questioning my goal weight, but considering I've moved from saying "maybe 5 more" to "I think just 1 more" that shouldn't last too much longer! I've started the slow process of increasing calories, so I guess I'll let my body decide now.

But as for what I'm going to do when I actually get there? Well a friend from the gym has offered to take me for dinner when I call goal. Is it strange that the biggest thing on my list is too make my goal post for here? Cause I'm super excited for that!

I may have to steal a few from you though! Especially all the roller coaster ones!
Thanks Houston! lol

I know that my best friends, Ricky and Stephanie are going to want to "buffet it up" with me and the bf, so I will need to pre-plan that! I lost my first 100 pounds eating at the buffet 3 times per week, but now that I am "so little", it is hard to eat out 1-2 times a week. I am thinking I have gotten more sensitive to sodium/msg in the past year, because I've been pretty good about figuring out calories at most of our favorite places!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
That is a great list! You're so close, too. Do you know which one you're going to do first?

I don't necessarily have a list of things I am going to do once I hit goal (aside from the happy dance, lol), but I do plan on buying a ridiculously expensive dress. I'm thinking that making sure it still fits so I can continue to wear it will be good motivation to not regain again.
Probably bikini and new clothes. Several of them will have to wait at least a year due to money or medical constraints... (don't think my surgeon would like me bungee jumping 3-4 weeks after surgery!)

I like the dress idea. But I don't know where I would wear it???? I never go anywhere fancy and I avoid wedding/baby stuff at all costs!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #13  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Why wait until you lose weight? Why not start the bucket list NOW? You shouldn't have to lose weight in order to be rewarded with living life.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
Why wait until you lose weight? Why not start the bucket list NOW? You shouldn't have to lose weight in order to be rewarded with living life.
A couple reasons:

I'm having 10 - 15 pounds of skin removed in exactly 3 weeks, and 99% of it is coming off of my stomach. So I don't want get my tatoo, because I don't know where it will be (or cut off) in 3 weeks. Same with clothes. I am a XL/13 now, and my surgeon predicts I'll be a M/9 when all is said and done.

All the adventurous stuff has to wait until I heal, and I am a teacher, so basically I work, get 2 days off, go in for surgery.

And money is a huge constraint on all the traveling. I am borrowing $15,000 from my mom and brother to pay for the surgery, and I still owe my brother a ton of money, as he bailed me out (credit cards, moving fees, newer car, etc.) after my divorce.

The only ones I could do NOW are 7 and 8 (spa and hair), but I am going to be recovering the entire summer, and want to get my hair done right before the start of the new school year in August.

I could also do 15-17, but there is money constraints that go along with the traveling, unless I win a meeting, which trust me, if I hear of something, I do it!

Last edited by ikesgirl80; 05-16-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 05-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #15  

Height: 5"6

This is such a fantastic thread! Thank you for posting, Ikesgirl!

I'm going to buy a bikini and take a photo of me at the beach, standing...full view! Of course, in the photo I'll pretend like I don't even know the pic is being taken...ahaahaha

I will go running in a sports bra on a hot sweaty day and be glistening with awesomeness and I'll pretend it's no big deal.

If my foot injury heals, i'll run the Midnight Sun Fun Run in Inuvik, NWT, which takes place in our 24 hour daylight!

And lastly, I will go back to the canoe and kayak school I used to work at and my old dragon boat team to once again be comfy walking around in shorts and a bikini top. I always wanted to be sport-chic, not sexy-chic. I know it sounds lame, but I want to just...go back and prove that even though I was the cool, somehwat fit and somewhat overweight paddler, now I am the BAD @ss*, fit as sh*t paddler!

OH and I will have an ostentatious, champagne-coloured, pick-up ridden, strapless wedding gown. I want it used and inexpensive but i want it fabulous

Last edited by NorthernChick13; 05-16-2013 at 04:37 PM.
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote