Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Default Ketosis test strips

They have them at walmart, not too expensive. I just googled it because I was thinking it would be a relief to know for sure that I'm in ketosis. I only experience any "ketosis" symptoms some of the time, it was pretty strong at first but now I can hardly tell. But is it a good buy? I drink A LOT of water, and I'm thinking that might dilute the smell and symptoms a bit. And I also wonder if it would make the urine test negative even if I am in ketosis...thus freaking me out even more lol. Is that realistic? Has anyone tried these tests before?

Last edited by Andi24; 05-14-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I've thought about this, too. I think as long as you're still losing and sticking to the plan, you're definitely in ketosis. I've never showed any real signs of it, except for weight loss. I think you should get them if it'll give you peace of mind, but I don't think you'll need them.
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #3  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I think if you do the test first thing in the morning you'll get an accurate reading. I drink 80-120 ounces of water daily and my tests show me in Ketosis.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks..I think I'm gonna get them, just for my own piece of mind (I've made mistakes with recipes before and it makes me wonder if Im still in ketosis) I fill my 24oz water bottle 6 times a day, at the very least. So yeah, I drink A LOT of water. I thought that might have just diluted the ketones or something.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote