Old 05-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default New Thread ~ Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN!

Ok chickies, you know who you are.

If you are a regainer struggling to relose, this is the thread for us. I'm discovering already that somehow the mindset of a reloser is not the same as the first time around.

Big regain, little tune-up... whatever it is... let's band together to find a way to stick with it AGAIN, and maybe learn some new lessons that will help us keep it off for good.

Last edited by SmallSteps; 05-14-2013 at 12:36 PM.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #2  
Tired Of Just Surviving

I thought it was time for a new fresh thread since the current one has 36 pages and was started last year!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I think I will chime in here. Let's just say that my ticker is less than accurate!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #4  
Tired Of Just Surviving

I had lost down to 242.8 (55.8 pounds gone) I have in the last five months gained 19.8 pounds of that back (261.0) so here we go again!

It is frustrating to me having to lose weight that I have already lost AGAIN! I remember how hard it was to get rid of the first time.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #5  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Okay Peeps we are suppose to be using the NEW thread. The old one if over the post limit

Can someone with the ability please close the other thread please?

Last edited by SmallSteps; 05-15-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I just saw on the "One reason to stay on plan" thread that Ubergirl posted
Quote:
Because I just dipped under a BMI of 40, which is the threshold for morbid obesity. I do not want to EVER be above that red line.
I want to give her a hand. I am eagerly approaching that red line and can't wait to get below it.

My weight has gone up a pound for a couple of days. I know that it is fluid because there is no way that I have gained with my calorie limit but I would still like to see it gone. I weigh in tomorrow with my doctor so I think that my body is teasing me.

Sandy, good to see you here again.
SmallSteps -I identify with the 19.8 pound gain. Sometimes I wish for a time machine so I could go back and stop myself. Oh well, there is nothing for us to do but get it off again. At least we both have maintained a good portion of the weight that we lost.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Hi everyone. So yeah I haven't been on 3FC in a couple of months... and it hasn't been pretty. This has pretty much been my first go at weight loss and I swore a regain wouldn't happen to me, but it has. I'm sad and struggling to get back on track but somehow just not getting it together. I start of well but then kind of end up stress eating my face off. I've been on this journey for 4 years and never realized I was that big of a stress eater. Enough is enough, though! There are soooo many reasons why I need to be back on track. This year has kind of been a bust so far diet wise. So I definitely need you guys' support and encouragement.

Right now, the regain isn't that disastrous... I'm travelling for work so I can't get an exact figure for today, but I'd say I'm about 10-15 lbs up from my 10-month maintained weight of 152-155 lbs. So yeah basically, based on last week's weigh-ins I'm somewhere between 165 and 168 lbs right now. So on the plus, I'm hoping I've caught myself somewhat early (even though my real alarm bells started screaming at 160) and I can turn this around now before it gets worse.

My plan of attack is to tighten up my eating. I work out pretty regularly (I'm doing Insanity and some kickboxing, and trying to find the time to run), but my eating definitely needs to be better. I've had so many 3500+ calorie days in the past month that I'm surprised that I can button my pants. I didn't even eat like that at 275 lbs! I've given away my bigger clothes and have nothing bigger than a size 8, I can't go naked, I just can't. This is my 2nd biggest motivator. My first biggest motivator is my health tied with all the people around me who are inspired by my own journey to start their own weight loss journeys.

I need to go back to those days where I came on here everyday for encouragement and support, and when I planned my meals and was accountable for what I ate. I still calorie count and weigh food meticulously (even the binges) but obviously, I need to commit to putting less food in my mouth. So here I am, hoping I can join in. This is my first significant regain so I'm grateful for whatever support or wisdom you guys have for turning things around.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #8  
Start may 4th/2013

S/C/G: SW 230lbs/CW 211/GW 135lbs

Height: 5'4

toastedsmoke hey I am new here I guess a WELCOME back is needed.. you did such a good job taking it off... good thing u cought it early and can start to repair some bad choices.. you know some of my insight is about starting over , OVER and OVER again ...I AM JUST STARTING again but I really honestly and learning again slowly. Everytime I try I gain a little more strength everytime.. I have learned a lot of hard habits die hard.. and I truly have always wanted a change but the change was so uncomfortable I always quit and run back to food...I was trying to think today what triggers me with food.. and good times always involved food. emotions always developed with food and those feelings are indescribable.. sometimes your past really affects your future.. I am now sure of that when it comes to me..lol that was just a piece from my over analytical mind
MoniqueMclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke View Post
Hi everyone. So yeah I haven't been on 3FC in a couple of months... and it hasn't been pretty. This has pretty much been my first go at weight loss and I swore a regain wouldn't happen to me, but it has. I'm sad and struggling to get back on track but somehow just not getting it together. I start of well but then kind of end up stress eating my face off. I've been on this journey for 4 years and never realized I was that big of a stress eater. Enough is enough, though! There are soooo many reasons why I need to be back on track. This year has kind of been a bust so far diet wise. So I definitely need you guys' support and encouragement
Hi Toasted Smoke. Welcome back. I remember you!!! I'm so glad to see that you are stopping before hitting a really big regain! As you can see from my ticker, I regained A LOT but not all of the weight I lost, after keeping it off for a good long while. I was so upset, disappointed and furious about the weight gain, and then I just couldn't get my groove back... until now. I am absolutely totally and completely a stress eater. It was stress that drove me off the rails to a huge regain. Just as you said, you're not looking at a major regain, and it shouldn't take much to get your mojo back!

Sandi Glad you are joining us.

Time2lose Thanks! I think that I'm currently 39.9, but I'm happy to be under 40 again! Before I started on my weight loss journey back in 2009, I was seriously considering lap band surgery, and one of the things I was so happy about was that I slimmed down so much that I got "too skinny" to even be eligible. I'm convinced that WLS would have been a terrible choice for me. I'm much better off having learned to deal with some of my food issues, however imperfectly. Hope you join me on the far side of 40 very soon!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #10  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, re-losers! Yeah, I'm one of you. You can read my signature; it pretty much tells my story - but not for long. I'm headed back in the right direction, finally! Yay!

I will say that the first time around, this forum was THE BEST support group ever! I totally relied on it daily, and that is my plan again. I truly believe I wouldn't have made it before had I not come here pretty much on a daily basis. Come to think of it, when life got in the way, I pretty much stopped coming here - and hello weight gain. Well, I am back and I MEAN BUSINESS!

Here's to ALL of us - we will win this time. I am rooting for your success, and I know you are doing the same for me.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #11  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Hey everyone, thanks for your kind welcomes and words.

MoniqueMacClean: Yeah I think I'm still learning a lot about this journey too. I thought I more or less had it figured out after all this time but I don't. So you're right, we're always learning and gaining in strength and experience, that's the positive way to look at it, rather than crying into my brownie ice cream about how I should be on my way to my final goal by now. Thanks!

ubergirl: I remember you too! You were a huge inspiration in 2009/10 when I first joined 3FC and I always was like if this girl can love working out so much, so can I. And eventually I got there. You're still an inspiration... being in an odd cycle where I'm struggling to force myself back on to a plan I know is good for me and knowing how disappointed I am in myself, I now begin to understand the strength and character it takes to recommit after a regain and not just give up like "eff it, it was fun whilst it lasted but maybe this is so hard because this is not how lean and fit I'm meant to be." So I am inspired that you're back and still plugging away.

RitzyFritz: 3FC is the best, you're totally right.

I'm doing okay so far today plan wise. I woke up early and got my workout in before I could make excuses not to do it. Food-wise, I'm not doing too bad but I'm ravenous... Or to clarify, I'm not ravenous but I've allowed myself to become accustomed to a 3000+ calorie a day diet in the past couple of months, so now that that's no longer on the cards, my body wants to know what's up and why there's no more of the constant munching? So obviously there's some smorgasbord-withdrawal going on. Trying to combat it with drinking lots of water and tea (unfortunately with whole milk- i need to stop that, but I have 757 calories to play with for dinner which isn't bad). I hope everyone is having a successful day.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hi Guys. I'm back. Not giving up this time. I
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #13  

Hi Girlygirl Welcome back!

Myself, I had a dinner FIASCO tonight. I went out to dinner and ended up sort of ordering in a hurry. I ordered something that had a little symbol next to it that I thought meant "light"-- fish tacos-- I ate two of them and I was pretty full and absolutely should have left the last one on the plate but I was hungry because I missed lunch, so I ate all three. Came home and looked up the calories on the menu online. Found out that my supposedly healthy fish tacos actually had 807 calories!!!!!!! Holy guacamole! I'm not even sure why... I think there was all kinds of sour cream stuffed down at the bottom and I was too stupid to realize it. When I make fish tacos at home it's just broiled fish, chopped tomatoes and cilantro, and lime juice... no sour cream in sight. The good news was that I was busy in the middle of the day and didn't eat lunch, so I was around 500 calories for the day when I got there... so in reality, I probably didn't do that much damage. But I was pissed at myself because I was FULL after the first two, and still went ahead and ate the third one, which I did not need!!!

I've been a little weird with my food the last couple of days. Normally, I'm very scheduled about my meals and I always do worse when I don't eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, right on schedule.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #14  

Hey everybody,

Checking in. I'm planning to try to tighten up my food today. I've been a little off the last few days, partly because I've had SO MANY restaurant meals recently. My weight is pretty much stalled out right now at 263. Going on a big trip soon and I want to see the scale move DOWN before I leave as I'll be away from my scale for almost 2 weeks.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

I definitely fall under this category. I was thin and in shape my whole life until I went to college and gained a lot of weight! After college I joined Weight Watchers and did Turbo Jam every day and lost 30 lbs and looked fabulous. But gradually, I stopped caring what I ate and stopped working out, and I gained it all back and then some, and then got pregnant, so now I have baby weight on top of that! I have 102.8 lbs left to lose...so I'm back on Weight Watchers because it worked really well for me, and I just did Day 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred!
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote