Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default 5 years out happy and yet struggling

After GBP more than 5 years ago, I can still say I have maintained more than a 100lb weight loss. I am happily married, am graduating from college this year, have a wonderful support system including my two gorgeous grandchildren!

But having never reached my goal (lbs away before the weight loss stopped) and having gained 35lbs back, I feel stuck. I don't see many of the names I remember when I first found 3fc (HI JIFFY!!) but i do remember the support, and helping others that came here for support helped me before. So here I am, back at the basics...eating protein...trying my darnedest to stay away from the crappy food, and exercising 20-60 minutes a day.

My husband would like me to focus on being the Celtic warrior princess I am and not the thin wisp I used to want to be, But I am a numbers girl...I want the 180! Even if it's the 180ish. Besides it is not in my nature to become complacent, I want to keep up the lifetime commitment I made 5 years ago and find support from those that are in my shoes.

Anyone wear a size 10?
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????? i'm so glad you're back - i've missed you! are you still dancing?

I've lost about 50 pounds of my 80 pound regain - and i'm not quite sure how or why, except that i'm just not all that interested in food, and i listen to my body. and that means when i'm comfortably full, i stop - and usually wander away with stuff left on my plate! as much as i hate to do it, i'm wasting food because i know it'll rot in the frig, because of that leftover thing.

are you still modeling? how's the grandbaby? you have a lot of talking to do here, darlin!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #3  

let's see...I have been busier than the proverbial bee! Catch up time!

I have been happily married for over a year! We just had an anniversary of 4 years together go by just last month...Still on cloud nine!

I have a modeling shoot set up for next week! So yes I am still modeling...more for fun than anything else!

My wonderful husband and our BFs go out dancing every weekend we don't have art shows (my art career is taking off like gangbusters! I am represented by two local galleries at the moment and do regular shows around town, and even selling my crazy abstract paintings! hehehe )

I am walking the commencement May 18th with my degree in LA with an art history emphasis! I am hoping to open a studio/gallery again. We shall see!

I have two grand babies now! 3 and 1! My daughter and her husband (retired now from the Marines) moved home so I get to see them a lot! I will included links to pictures!

I am so glad you are losing weight still! I remember you talking about losing interest in food! I do that sometimes when I am busy...I still forget to eat! Though I am still stuck at 215-220lbs, *sigh*, I am happy most of the time. I just wish I could get that number!!

I feel the need to be helpful again in this regard! so I will be lurking about and seeing if I can answer questions and all that, it helps me too!

Glad to "see" you're still here!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 04-29-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #4  
Releasing the inner hiker

Angela! So happy to see you here again!

Those are some beautiful grandbabies.

Jiffy, I wish I had the loss of interest in food. Are you particularly busy/engaged right now in a project/job/event/etc? That seems to be the only time I forget about food, when I'm completely overwhelmed. I wish it occur more often, lol.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

Angela - gorgeous babes!

and Jen - no - nothing particular. and that's really weird. and it's been going on for 50 pounds or so! my jeans are falling off - and even my undies

i'm hoping that there's something that'll fit when i start switching closets in a week or two!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #6  

Hi Jen!! and thank you both...I can only take partial credit for the cuteness! hehehehe

Last edited by missangelaks; 04-30-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 348/185/170

Height: 5.10/177cm

There are not enough stories here of people who had op.years ago..so I am always glad to read any of them. It is good to know what to expect..
Hope you will raise from that stuck moment and you know what 180 is just a number and not even a pretty one

Btw..the children are gorgeous !
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #8  

Thanks Sleepy! I am doing fine, no problems as long as I remember the protein, water, and exercise thing is the rest of my life. I feel good for a Nana!

180 is only a number, I am learning to let it go and embrace my wonderful husband's point of view, he would much rather have the warrior princess!! hehehe
Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

The picture of the big brother helping the little one walking is is just beautiful!!!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #10  

I'm making an oil painting of that one!! I just love it!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #11  
Old Cackler

and i LOVE your new avatar!

I have been wondering why my clothes are falling off [yeah, i wish i had ANY body sense at all]. Without actually paying attention, I've lost two whole sizes [in Avenue sizing - which means it was actually 6-8 sizes since they combine two sizes into one].

I found a few shirts in the closet that actually fit!! i have no idea what i'll find when i get out the spring and summer stuff! I sure don't have the money right now to buy anything. but it's a nice problem to have.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #12  

I love clothes shopping now! I work the second hand stores and there is so much more in my size now!

Thanks about the avatar, did you go see my profile pic??? hehehe
Old 05-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

gorgeous!! LOVE the shoes! are you doing an Andrews Sisters tribute show?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #14  

Thanks Jiffy!! It was part of the shoot!