Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #1  

Default Newbie looking for a little support :)

Hi! My name is Teagan.

I'm a mom of 2 fantastic and very supportive kiddos. I've decided to join in hopes to not only get support, but be support for others going through the same struggles that I face.

Over the last 15 years I've gained a lot of weight. I don't think I really noticed it much (which seems really odd to me) until recently. I feel like I was blind to what was looking back at me in the mirror. Denial, is a powerful thing.

I've always focused on my children and ignored a lot of my own needs. I'm a stress eater...so apparently I've had a lot of stress in my life. I know my children need me for their day to day needs, but they also need me for years to come, so I decided in March to focus on changing some bad habits and work on being healthy.

I joined a gym...which is one of the hardest things I've done in a long time.

6 days a week I drop my kids off at school then go to the gym. I spend an hour on the treadmill. I'm feeling more comfortable, but I still struggle with seeing myself in the full length mirrors. I know I need to start some weight training, but I'm just not there...yet.

The scale is another thing I really dislike, but I'm trying to be positive.

As of this morning, I'm down 18 pounds...another 114 to go.

Thanks, for reading and a big thanks to those who are here to offer support and guidance.

Teagan

Teagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #2  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Hi and welcome to the boards! You will find a lot of support on here! 18 lbs is a great loss, congrats on that! Keep up the good work you are going to do just fine! Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Keep it up and keep posting!

Chris
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/150/140

Height: 5'5

welcome *waves*
Tibbits2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #5  

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #6  
13 pds in 7 days!

S/C/G: 228/215/145

Height: 5'5" WOE Atkins

Hi Teagan. I am new to the forum as well. I am using Atkins. What way of eating are you using? Congrats on your loss by the way!
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW: 247, 225/213/120

Height: 5'0"

Welcome, Teagan! I'm new here too. I've just joined a gym as well, but have yet to actually go. (It's so intimidating!) Look at you, already going 6 days a week; that's fantastic!! You should feel so proud of yourself for what you've accomplished already in this short amount of time. Brava!

Keep it up, lady! I look forward to hearing about more of your victories, big and small alike.
TheMerryBoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #8  

Thanks ladies, for your encouragement! I look forward to getting to know you better.

@ franci- I'm using Weight watchers points plus. I love the flexibility, it helps keep me from falling off or cheating (as often) lol.

@TheMerryBoffin- I decided to join an all women's gym. It also happens to be open 24/7, so I go very early in the morning when there's fewer people. I go at the same time so that I become a familiar face to those that are there and they are familiar to me. I feel a little more in control and not so out of place doing it this way. So far so good. You just have to be brave, it sounds silly, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote