View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Nikel1979
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

This is the first time I've been able to stick with it and not give in to the frustration. The difference for me is that the focus isn't losing weight. I started with the focus of training for a half marathon, and the weight just came off. I did hit a plateau, but I was in the middle of a string of half marathons so I just kept doing what I was doing. Now I'm starting to focus on losing weight. I'd like to get at least 25 lbs off by the time fall classes start. I'm still working within the fitness mindset though. The less I weight, the faster I'll run. With marathon training looming, I'll take any speed boost I can get. I just added swimming in too as cross training. Plus I do some yoga and strength training. My more athletic body doesn't tolerate junk food as well, so it's becoming much easier to avoid.

I also don't focus on the big goal. Saying I want to lose around 75 more lbs is overwhelming. Focusing on how far I've come rather than how far I have to go helps. I also break it down into smaller chunks, usually 10-15 lbs. Seeing how fast my ticker can move losing 2 lbs on a 15 lb goal is encouraging. 2 lbs on a 75 lb goal is a less impressive jump, if I look at it big picture. For me, 15 lbs isn't a scary amount, and I only have to do that 5 times.

Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote