Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #1  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 5-10-13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
and also here Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
Are currently residing in the the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #2  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Hurray! The weekend is almost here!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Good morning everyone! I've decided to be phased out by the second week in July. For me I need to be able to be more active, I feel so much better having dropped a decent amount of weight and want to see what my body can do now! I've singed up for a triathlon with some friends for the end of August, nothing huge we're not racing just to prove to ourselves. My question is when should I head to phase 2? My losses have been slow lately about 1lb a week, sometimes more. My boss who's lost quite a bit on IP suggested I do a full month of phase 2 and then two weeks of phase 3. Anyone have any advice on if doubling up the time on phase 2 would help me lose a bit more? Or stay in phase 1 as long as possible?
Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by mquinn106; 05-10-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday everyone, and I hope you have a happy OP day!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning and HELLO to the 170's..! It is truly a TGIF Day. Happy Mother's Day weekend to everyone.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!
Congrats on 170's !
Gorgeous day here today after couple of rainy days.
Hope all have a fantastic day!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Morning, All --

A1Texan -- Another new "decade" and another great pic! Way to go!

Mcquinn -- Having quite a ways to go yet, I have no advice for you, but do send great congrats on all your progress. A triathlon? That is fantastic!

I still cannot get over the thrill of watching people finishing up IP and moving into maintenance. Before finding IP, I rarely saw anyone get even close to goal. It seemed like the same souls over and over again at WW, year after year, like a life sentence. Yay for IP!

Have a good day, all!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #8  

Default Calorie question?

Good Morning! I'm an alternative IPer and still learning. My question is:

If your carb count is in the 30-50 range, can a higher calorie count effect weight loss?

I had 1200cal yesterday, 34c, 55f, 114p. Could this stall weight loss? I know we are shooting for 800-900cal but my carb count seems pretty good, is that what is most important?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
My boss who's lost quite a bit on IP suggested I do a full month of phase 2 and then two weeks of phase 3. Anyone have any advice on if doubling up the time on phase 2 would help me lose a bit more? Or stay in phase 1 as long as possible?
Hope everyone has a great day!
That's really up to you. There is only about a 100-200 calorie difference between P1 and P2, and you are not increasing carbs at all. You likely won't lose any faster in P2 but you may benefit from more protein. I don't really see the point in staying on P2 for a whole month though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Good Morning and HELLO to the 170's..! It is truly a TGIF Day. Happy Mother's Day weekend to everyone.
Woo hooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereandnow View Post
Good Morning! I'm an alternative IPer and still learning. My question is:

If your carb count is in the 30-50 range, can a higher calorie count effect weight loss?

I had 1200cal yesterday, 34c, 55f, 114p. Could this stall weight loss? I know we are shooting for 800-900cal but my carb count seems pretty good, is that what is most important?
Absolutely. The carb count is just what makes the diet ketogenic (without the extra carbs your body doesn't have a glycogen store to pull from and is what causes the body to burn fat instead of glycogen for energy). It is the CALORIE deficit that actually makes you lose weight. If you are eating more calories, you will lose more slowly because there is less of a difference between what your body needs to function and what you are taking in.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #10  
Edun7072

Default Friday -

Hi all. I've been on the IP diet since March 18th. I've lost 30 pounds, and my goal is 50 - down to a size 6 jeans, and I cannot believe it.

I've eaten restricted once a day throughout the diet, and love them. Never once cheated or drank wine...though, love to.

Question - I'm going to the movies tonight and had my bar already - didn't have time to make my spinach omelete this am..running late.

Anyone have 2 restricted in one day? How bad is this? I wanted to bring my soy nuts tonight...

Any other ideas?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5'7"

My 10yo daughter was with me today for my WI, she was looking at my before picture and said dad you look so much better now good job! Even if I had not WI at two pound from goal just her saying that made it all worth while. You have to love kids honesty.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

My post today is about honesty. April was a very emotional month for me, with a lot of issues surrounding my daughter (anxiety issues.)

I'm feeling pretty successful with the 33 lbs that I've lost, and so I let myself go off program because I just did not want to deal with the diet in addition to dealing with everything surrounding my daughter.

I did not gain anything back, but I'm struggling getting back OP. I've ordered a few extra boxes of non-restricted items for the worst days when I'm starving. I'm trying to go back and look a the recipes that were my favorites for some inspiration. I'm just trying.

I'm not looking to vent here, just to write it down so that I can be really honest about what I'm doing and why. If I say it, it's more "true" than if I don't admit it to anyone.

So, have a good weekend everyone. And thanks for the support....
Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edun7072 View Post

Anyone have 2 restricted in one day? How bad is this? I wanted to bring my soy nuts tonight...

Any other ideas?
Yes, I have had more than one restricted in a day. My coach (clinic is run by a doctor that is an IP regional rep) said to not have veggies for one of the meals to avoid bumping the carbs up too high. She didn't say this was 'ideal', but that things do happen, such as being away from home and in an unexpected situation. You could also consider taking a ready-to-drink item.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edun7072 View Post

Any other ideas?
In a pinch, it won't kill you and won't have much of an effect. It's better to grab an extra restricted than to go off plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
Yes, I have had more than one restricted in a day. My coach (clinic is run by a doctor that is an IP regional rep) said to not have veggies for one of the meals to avoid bumping the carbs up too high. She didn't say this was 'ideal', but that things do happen, such as being away from home and in an unexpected situation. You could also consider taking a ready-to-drink item.
Ugh - that is BAD advice to skip veggies. You get more from the veggies than just the carbs, and those essential nutrients in the veggies are WAY more important than the few extra carbs they would add. Adding some extra carbs to one day is not going to have serious long term repercussions in the context of the diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooNimbus13127 View Post
My post today is about honesty. April was a very emotional month for me, with a lot of issues surrounding my daughter (anxiety issues.)

I'm feeling pretty successful with the 33 lbs that I've lost, and so I let myself go off program because I just did not want to deal with the diet in addition to dealing with everything surrounding my daughter.

I did not gain anything back, but I'm struggling getting back OP. I've ordered a few extra boxes of non-restricted items for the worst days when I'm starving. I'm trying to go back and look a the recipes that were my favorites for some inspiration. I'm just trying.

I'm not looking to vent here, just to write it down so that I can be really honest about what I'm doing and why. If I say it, it's more "true" than if I don't admit it to anyone.

So, have a good weekend everyone. And thanks for the support....
Old 05-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Been real busy around here. Weight lose has been a little slower and I was so so tempted the other day.....but did not cheat! Official weigh in Monday but you know when you first step on the scale and it starts somewhere then finishes well it started in the 130s ended in the 141.8. But just having the scale start there and not in the 150s made my day. Goal was to be done on my bday which is 6 days away. I know 11 pds won't be off by then but you know what? I think oh well birthdays come and go! A glass of wine can be had at a later time! I am gonna keep goin! But I need an order from protidiet STAT. Or I guess I could run to SAMs and get a protein mix there.
Closed Thread