Old 05-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #1  
Ideal protein user!

S/C/G: 179/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Prom!

Hey! it's been so long since I have posted. Everything from school to life stuff has just been so overwhelming. Anyways, prom is tomorrow and I am so excited!
I'll be off the plan tomorrow night, everyone is going to ihop and I just want to have a normal prom night, know what I mean?
I just don't want to bloat!! (when I ate off the plan I bloated so much, looked like i gained 5 lbs and soon as I went back on, i looked like I lost 5 pounds and my tight jeans were loose again. Why does this happen?
grazi393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazi393 View Post
Hey! it's been so long since I have posted. Everything from school to life stuff has just been so overwhelming. Anyways, prom is tomorrow and I am so excited!
I'll be off the plan tomorrow night, everyone is going to ihop and I just want to have a normal prom night, know what I mean?
I just don't want to bloat!! (when I ate off the plan I bloated so much, looked like i gained 5 lbs and soon as I went back on, i looked like I lost 5 pounds and my tight jeans were loose again. Why does this happen?
It's because you have been eating low carb, low gluten and low calorie - and then suddenly you're shocking your body with everything all at once! Carbs, breads/grains, and increased calories without giving your body time to adjust can definitely cause bloating, inflammation, upset stomach... That's why phasing off properly is SO important, and why in the long run cheats are not worth it for most people.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #3  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
When you eat excess amounts of carbohydrates, your body cannot use all the carbohydrates for energy. Instead, it stores carbohydrates as glycogen -- a form of stored energy. Your body stores 1 g of carbohydrate glycogen with 3 g of water. This means that your body will retain some water when glycogen is stored. This is a reason why many people lose weight quickly when they go on low-carbohydrate diets: water is released along with the stored carbohydrates in the diet.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/50...#ixzz2SpdJsMqf

My suggestion would be to try to eat less carbs and more protein if you're going off plan. Less carbs will lead to less bloating. At least that is what I've noticed when I go off plan.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Last edited by leannekarella; 05-09-2013 at 05:06 PM.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #4  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

I think you should be careful about eating something like IHOP pancakes on your prom night . . . your body will so not be used to that . . . you might end up sick the rest of the night/morning . . . which is not cute. Can you have a good time and maybe order eggs/omelette?

Whatever you do . . . have a great time!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

FYI: IHOP puts a laddle-full of pancake batter in their omelets unless you ask for one made with "freshly cracked eggs."
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
FYI: IHOP puts a laddle-full of pancake batter in their omelets unless you ask for one made with "freshly cracked eggs."
This is true - I couldn't believe it when I heard about it! Apparently that is how they manage to make their scrambled eggs so fluffy, a big blob of pancake batter. Ugh.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Hmm. That's why I go to a Japanese restaurant for my cheats. Raw fish does not do the bloat. Maybe go with crepes if you go during the day or do steak with veggies for dinner.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
This is true - I couldn't believe it when I heard about it! Apparently that is how they manage to make their scrambled eggs so fluffy, a big blob of pancake batter. Ugh.
Ridiculous, I'd rather have flat eggs!

I found out because we were disucssing my mom's food allergies (celiac) with the waitress and my mom was about to order an omelet when the server told us that.

Even if you're not concerned with losing weight, you have to question and/or read labels because they put sugar/carbs in everything
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #9  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ridiculous, I'd rather have flat eggs!

I found out because we were disucssing my mom's food allergies (celiac) with the waitress and my mom was about to order an omelet when the server told us that.

Even if you're not concerned with losing weight, you have to question and/or read labels because they put sugar/carbs in everything
I would have never thought of this! Butter and cream, yes. Pancake batter? No. Wow! Thanks for sharing this . . . not that I am stepping into an IHOP any time soon!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #10  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Have fun on prom night, but I would suggest not going too far off plan so your stomach is not upset and ruin it for you. I recently went out and ordered a chicken breast. When it came it had 2 strips of bacon on it. I cheated and ate them. My stomach hurt all afternoon.
getnlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

Get the t-bone and sunny side up eggs.. had no idea about the pancake batter in the omelette!!
afbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote