South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fantastic Friday SBD Daily for 5/10

Good morning! The sun is shining, it's delightfully warm, and it's FRIDAY! I never did get here yesterday morning, I've been succumbing to the lure of sitting outside with my coffee, and before I realize it, time has gotten away from me. It was a busy day, anyway, with having to go in to work early, errands to run, and working late.

This morning my brand new car will be ready, and I'm so excited! I got a red Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, and it's a beauty.

Jennifer, I'm cheering you on, on your bike trip! Be safe and have a blast!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-10-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda. I can totally relate to sitting outside for that first cup. Congrata on the new car and what colour is it?

The coffee seems particularly good this morning but I think it's weather related! Despite the forecast, we have another day of sunshine although a t-storm was predicted. The weather person is really, really wrong this week. We do need rain though as the farmers were really busy planting.

Been fretting over all the stuff I have to do before the end of July and decided yesterday that there is no way I can make the bouquets and corsages for Rachel's July 6 wedding. I tried wiring and taping flowers during the week and just can't do it anymore. Damned arthritis! So I am going to bite the bullet and get a local florist to do it. She is a friend of mine so will probably give me a deal. That should relieve some of my stress. Rachel and Jason are struggling financially and this will be their wedding gift. (Whew! Now that I've written this, I feel a load off my shoulders. )

Today I really should spend some time with my Dyson. Donna has a broken finger and a bruised knee from a fall so has not been here to clean. She also is scheduled for a carpal tunnel surgery so will be out of commission for a while after that's done. I guess I'll be able to figure out how to clean my house.

Not sure what's on today's agenda but the weekend is busy. Going out with a group tonight for Thai Food over in Westport - a half hour drive. Luckily we have two designated drivers for the crew. Should be fun. Pet therapy at the nursing home in the morning and then a pot-luck dinner with my Church friends. We are trying to keep our group together although no longer meeting at service.

Now to tackle Friday!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good Friday morning!! Glad you're seeing a bit o' sunshine today, Cottage ...it is a thick (but still pretty) fog out there. I haven't bothered looking at the weather forecast for us today. Just checked out your car...it is a beauty! I love my minivan for what it is, but I do fantasize about what I may get one day .

My day was incredibly long yesterday...started with the walk in the rain (I since found out my friend drowned her iPhone on that walk...bummer....), went to the kids with their race and got rained out, and then stayed til work until 8:30. Needless to say, I skipped my walk this AM so I could REST! I have a "short" day of work today, then DH is off to a men's retreat so I'll have the kids to myself until tomorrow afternoon. What to do, what to do?!?

And, we did get the camper...although we can't get it for a couple of weeks. Time to make reservations!

Good luck Jennifer! I'm sure you'll do awesome on your bike ride!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth!! When you figure out how to clean your house, let me know and give me lessons!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, have fun at the Thai place tonight!

Tammy, congratulations on your new camper! Is it a pop-up or a trailer?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It looks like I have a semi-free day. We accomplished lots on our reno project and are shut down until we have our water project completed. It's new water/service from the street and I'll meet with the project guy this afternoon. I think I'll try and stay home...rake some pinecones and do a little yard maintenance.

Ruth, funny how just making a plan (for the flowers) alleviates the stress. Same for me with food-stuff. Your day sounds fun...especially Thai food. How nice that your church group is really making the effort to stay connected.

Linda, congrats on your new sporty red car! I'm sure you will find it to be a really functional long term investment. Glad your weather looks bright! Thanks for getting us started this morning!

Jennifer, thanks for the update! I hope your weather is drier today. I looked up Edison, NJ and am following your progress!

Tammy(Twynn), congrats on your new camper! Get some rest!

Have a beachy day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-10-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm baaaaaack.

Had a nice trip to Boston (other than my foot limiting my walking). Delayed flight home and then my mom called twice in the middle of the night (because the alarm was going off at her home here and she is still in Boston) so I am tired and have huge bags under my eyes. Have my annual gyno exam (joys). Work the closing shift tonight. Have to get some groceries for PH1 return!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Karen! Welcome back!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, it's a beautiful day here and I get to do wfh so I am happy.

Cottage I will have to go look at your new car online, congratulations

Ruth I am in the same boat but I don't have the Donna excuse lol I need to clean my carpets they do not look good.

Tywnn congratulations on your new camper

Debbie glad you get a break in project enjoy your day

Karen maybe you can sneak a nap in sometime in your day

Today DD2 Spring concert is on so I will take a break from work and go to see that and that is all on my agenda other than taking care of the stack of work I brought home

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread