Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Default It fits!!!! but shapewear advice?

So I bought this dress (while I was depressed about my weight actually!) I literally went to the mall to find something that was really cute that I could eventually wear when I lost weight, and use it as motivation to lose weight.

So I bought the dress but didn't try it on as the store didn't carry a size larger than "L" so bought it and figured I'd eventually fit into it. When I came home it didn't fit at all (like I couldn't push it down past my stomach) and it just made me even more sad. It was on sale and the store had a no return policy so I was stuck with it.

Not sure what I was thinking when I bought it especially since this was one of those stores that makes only clubbing attire, which is an area I NEVER venture into, but finding it the other day (almost 6 months later!) I was questioning myself the entire day if I should try it on, it was maddening!

I eventually gave in and figured what the heck, the worst that happens is that it doesn't go down again lol. but it fits!!!! I'm so happy!! I'm not going to wear it yet because the stomach area still looks pretty bad, I don't think it's noticeable in the picture, but do you ladies have any shape wear suggestions?? I'd love to wear this but I feel really uncomfortable in it still and was hoping some shape wear might help!

Beyond excited though!! Don't remember the last time I fit into a dress!!

Last edited by hhm6; 05-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #2  

Omg you are gorgeous!! And I love the dress!!

I'm on my phone and can't link to shape wear from here but one of the other ladies will surely be along to help. If not, I'll post some ideas this afternoon.

You should be so proud, you look amazing!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #3  

You look fantastic!
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I have bought spanx but I prefer walmarts line of shape wear. They hold me in alot better than spanx. They are also about half the price and hold up better in the long run for me.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I've gotten Walmart shapewear and it seems okay. But you look AMAZING in that dress
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super cute!!!

Try high waisted spanx
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Cute dress and it looks great on you!!!

Sorry, no shape wear help, just wanted to give you props, lol.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Aww you guys are too kind! Thanks I do think the picture looks a lot better than it actually looks lol

I guess I should go check walmart soon! I went ot Kohl's today and tried this
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-891...ncher-7226.jsp

and I literally felt like I was going to tip over if someone accidentally nudged me! It's so flippin tight! and I feel like the fat is getting pushed up from the waist to the back of my arms? If that makes sense? Ugh it feels so awkward and it was in the largest size too. My stomach area looks pretty awesome with the dress on over it, but it's so uncomfortable!

and because the dress is still kinda tight you can kinda see the lines where the shapewear ends. Am I going after the wrong type of shapewear? I tried to stay away from whole body shaper though I don't like that it makes my butt look flat!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

I like the sweet nothing's toresette from walmart. I wear one everyday!
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

The best normal shapewear on the market is Rago. Their waist cinchers and high waisted girdles are excellent and I've tried many, many brands (Spanx, Flexees, Squeem, etc etc).

This one would likely do marvels for that dress:
http://www.herroom.com/rago-6109-hig...f-girdle.shtml

I personally like the Rago 721/21 cinchers, but I use the garters functionally for stockings quite regularly and don't like shapewear with full bottom panels. If you don't mind and/or don't wear it daily, the high waisted girdle is a better choice with more control.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote