Old 05-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Mother's Day

For the first time, I told my family that I don't want Mother's Day to be focused around food. Typically, we'd head out to breakfast/brunch/dinner the night before. I just don't want to do that anymore. My mom is also trying to watch what she eats but she's doing a whole foods eating plan - very hard to do when dining at Applebee's or Perkins!

So this year I suggested that we load up our bikes (my mom included!), pack some sandwiches, and head out to a local park where we'll spend the afternoon fishing, biking, and having a picnic. Only problem is Mother Nature is trying to sabotage us! It's not looking like we'll have a great day to be outside. I'll keep crossing my fingers though that things will turn around!

What are your plans for Mother's Day this year?
kidlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #2  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like it will be a wonderful day! Hopefully the weather cooperates for you.

Not sure what I'm doing yet, but I know we won't be going out to eat.....my choice

But, as a treat, I'll probably make everyone some dark chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #3  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

I'll be leaving the world of smoking as of Friday, so Mother's Day is going to be filled with lots of frustration I'm sure. My kiddos know I'm a soon to be non-smoker so they have offered to pamper me ( bring me my pillow and blankie and whatever else I need). I will probably be chomping down on some low cal snacks all day and working my way through withdrawl.....ugh. It will be worth it! First three days are the roughest. I just hope I can come out of this with only a couple lbs of weight gain. *fingers crossed*

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world. It's not always fun, for me or them I'm sure, but I'd be lost without them.
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Oh Gonna Get There! I feel for you! I gave up smoking for Lent this year and haven't smoked since. There are still some days where I'll be sitting there, minding my own business and them BAM! I get a craving for a smoke. It usually passes within a few minutes now.

I'll be thinking of you! Good luck! You can do it!! It really is one of the best things I've done. For me and my family!
kidlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #5  
Faith of a mustard seed

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Height: 5'6

Thanks you! I'm just praying I can pull through this! I'm so sick of smoking, but I love smoking! I know that it will be the best choice I can make right now. Especially being a good role model for the kiddos.
Gonna Get There Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Since I was a kid we always had the obligatory birthday, mothers/fathers day meals out. About six years ago, we stopped doing it because we realized how much better our food tastes than restaurants. Typically the birthday person gets to choose whatever they want us to make (usually filet mignon, scallops, lobster, mussels, salmon - a combination of all or some of these).

Since my mom and I are usually the chefs for any of these events, mother's day is the ONE day that we end up going out. We've found some wonderful farm-to-table/in-house restaurants over the past six years. This year we ended up back at the same one we went to two years ago. Their brunch was worth it. I had a beautiful grilled salmon filet on a radish and radicchio salad, and a cocktail - fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, tarragon, and vodka.

Awesome.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote