South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Warblings - May 8

Sure is noisy out there this morning with the morning concert! Loons, warblers, robins and mourning doves are singing up a storm. There is also a woodpecker pecking away at my neighbour's steel chimney to show the world this is his territory. Silly thing but it does make a nice loud noise. The loons have flown over and there are a few strings of geese still wandering North.

Was outdoors most of yesterday and notice my "farmer's tan" has started. I really should wear sleeveless in the garden and take off my watch but ... I did some raised bed watering since the soil was dry dust and planted a row of beans.

Jazz escaped yet again yesterday late afternoon so is now on the long lead when outdoors. That's three times in two weeks so I need to "get a man on it." I think the fence posts are OK but will get the wire replaced. What I really need is a concrete Berlin Wall!

After gym this morning, I'll do a drib of deskwork and some laundry and then head for pet therapy at noon. I'm not sure if it's a BBQ night but am planning something with pork tenderloin and roasted or grilled veggies.

On we go with Warbling (not Wobbling!) Wednesday! Whatcha doin' today?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Passing you a nice mug of Newman's, Ruth. The only noise I hear is the rain drumming down, but it's welcome for now as along as it doesn't overstay itself. It sounds like you have a nice day planned.

I have an appointment with a car saleman right after I drop the girls off for their riding lessons this afternoon. I've been researching cars all week and am pretty sure which one I want, but I'm hoping I can talk him down a bit more, even though he's offering me a great price. Wheeling and dealing is part of the fun, right? My insurance appraiser deemed my car "totaled" and they're coming to take it away tomorrow, so today will be my last day to drive my old, trusty friend.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Ruth, the birds are insanely noisy here as well, I think because they are enjoying the sun after the downpour that I believe Cottage is getting right now. It is certainly a beautiful morning. I'm thinking that spring is my favorite season, but don't ask me when fall arrives!

Cottage, I'm glad the insurance dude is letting you total it, it is probably a lot safer for you. Can't wait to see your new one! .

Ruth, that pesky little Jazz. You DID just say a few weeks ago that he hadn't gotten out, didn't you !?!? Maybe he read your post...

I was so exhausted last night, I opted out on my morning walk since I haven't had an exercise free day in probably 10 days or so. Miss Emma seemed very disappointed! I will probably do one later, but we'll see how it goes. I am off to work in a bit, then get my veggies into the garden, and then hopefully a walk with the doggage (ooohhh, maybe wait til the kids come home and make them go with me!!). DH is off to man stuff, so the kids and I get to have fun .
Old 05-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm having lather, rinse, repeat syndrome but it's clean, organize, pack, move, work, work, work. We hope to be in the new place Friday night, assuming no more home depot mess-ups. Probably won't have internet, assuming more Comcast mess-ups. Meanwhile our bill is on the floor of the state Senate this morning Cats are calm, dog is stressed. Trying to keep everyone even is a challenge. Counting down to the end of the month!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, all quiet here except the pitter patter of dog nails on the floor or and rain! Looks like we will be riding in it, oh well.

Ruth I have a cyclers tan, watch included, plus from my knees to mid thigh. I look like I have tan bans around me lol.

Linda, I hope you love your new wheels. Tammy is right safety comes first. Especially with all the running around you do.

Tammy I am taking a rest day too. DS is coming over for dinner. At his suggestion we are going to our favorite BBQ place. My plan of attack is their BBQ chicken salad and a little dessert. Hey I know I will burn it off this week lol

Just finished eggs from Joe's chicks, very yummy. Going to stay in until later tending to getting ready for tomorrow. Need to leave contact numbers for Jim and directions for Joe. Also better remind John not to forget me tomorrow! I am certain my nervous stomach will make it's rounds today. Better today than tomorrow!

Have a great day with lots of smiles and laughter
Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hang in there CyndiM you will be settled soon
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I have a few minutes to pop in while I finish my smoothie and pay some bills.

penmage, thx for the "hide your valuables" tip....when my painter/yard guy comes I definitely hide stuff. We're very fortunate this time around. Our "contractors" are actually a husband/wife team from our church over the hill (since we have two residences). They are very trustworthy and were friends first. This is the first time we've done a project together.

Cyndi, yes, it will all come together...crazy, though, when you have the work stuff, too.

Linda, great news on your car!

Ruth, glad you are feeling better today!

Jennifer, lots of details today! I'm excited for you!

Twynn, happy SBD birthday! Glad the pup already misses the exercise lol!

Well our friends didn't find a camper and texted last eve that they'd drive over this morning....arriving 830-900. That worked out really great since I didn't have to get off work and jump right into gear. I'm getting some bills paid this morning while we wait for them. It rained last night but the sun is shining in my window this morning.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me as I have a meeting I need to get ready for but wanted to stop in.

Cottage good luck talking down the price, I am going to have to do this towards end of next month when we are trading in DH suv for newer model.

Cyndi hang in there almost over

Jennifer I can tell you are excited enjoy the trip

to everyone else

Tonight I have swim team parent meeting and nothing else on the agenda.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone, we had a great little vacation in Philly and now I'm committed to getting back on the bandwagon and also back on the exercise bandwagon. FINALLY visited the gym in our new complex (which I've been paying for since we moved in November) and rode the bike this am. I guess things have been so out of whack since we entered into contract (to both buy and sell) last Fall, then Sandy hit, and then the holidays and then two vacations for us. Now we are settling down for the summer.

Huge rainfall this am here and big floods from what I understand. Regular work day (I've got to prepare budget reports) and then dinner with friends and our kids later. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Sounds like most of the chicks are busy today! Same old, same old for me: earning a living, trying to do a few exercises, a few household chores...And it looks like we are going to get rain later, continuing for the next couple days. Ah well, we need it.

Ruth, I have to tell you that in my first apartment after college, my landlords had a pair of Brittney Spaniels who well-known escape artists and dumpster divers. (I lived in the upstairs of their house) I remember the police calling to have the dogs picked up from the dumpster at KFC, the Pizza Hut manager calling, and I often participated in chasing them around town. An electrified fence helped, but didn't fully solve the problem. It was one of those situations where you had to laugh so you didn't scream.

Creamy Mexican Casserole for dinner tonight. Looking forward to that.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, Beth, when my Portuguese Water Dogs manage to break out, they went to the local pizza place and the owner always gave them a slice! Jazz never goes far - just into adjacent properties but it sure is a worry.

We have a spit of rain right now - enough to dissuade me from grilling on the deck. I do have lovely fresh asparagus from the garden and pork tenderloin kebabs marinating. I guess I cans till do it if it rains. (We sure do need rain!)
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies...just a quick pop in to say hello. Back to work for this one.
Closed Thread