Old 05-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

Question Thinking of going lacto-vegetarian? But quick question for you all lacto or not.

I've always gone back and forth between eating meat and not. But what stopped me was-tigers eat meat. Lions eat meat. Bears eat meat. But today I saw a picture of a pig and cow as best friends rubbing against each other.... and then in the next picture was a a bacon and beef burger... I was heart broken. Really made me think. So my question is. How do you all feel about carnivorous animals?

Edit: Make that orvo-lacto

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-08-2013 at 04:15 AM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #2  

OMG I just watched the first few seconds of a video of a real slaughter house! I couldn't get through the first few seconds of the pigs OMG It's so horrifying and sad! And I looked a pictures of what happens to cows in slaughterhouses... I just can't.... no more meat. I know not all slaughterhouses are like that when they slaughter-but they are all horrible. And some do slaughter the way I just saw and it's sad. It makes me sad.

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-08-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You might not watch dairy farm films then, they are much worse. They too end up getting slaughtered after a few short years of abuse. I've also seen the bags of baby male chicks that egg farms just throw away. I don't eat these things because of the abuses but I like not contributing towards them.

Anyway, carnivores are carnivores. I still feed my cats meat products but try to find the best options.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
You might not watch dairy farm films then, they are much worse. They too end up getting slaughtered after a few short years of abuse. I've also seen the bags of baby male chicks that egg farms just throw away. I don't eat these things because of the abuses but I like not contributing towards them.

Anyway, carnivores are carnivores. I still feed my cats meat products but try to find the best options.
Yea I did more research I decided to go vegan. And thank you for your response! Do you know a good substitute fore cheese and yogurt? Cheese because I love making mac and cheese. And yogurt for smoothies.

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-08-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Some people love cheese alternatives but I don't. I pretty much gave up cheese a few years prior going vegan for weight loss reasons.

As far as Mac and cheese goes, there are quite a few recipes utilizing nut based sauces like this one
http://www.theppk.com/2012/02/sunflower-mac/

And there are a few yogurt options you'll find in stores including soy, almond and coconut based yogurts. I've made soy yogurt with homemade soy milk and it turns out pretty well but buy yogurts for convenience.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

For many years, my family had chickens that we collected eggs from. My family also hunts deer and turkey, as well as goes fishing. I do eat meat and dairy from stores and restaurants, but when given the choice, I would always choose to eat something that was free and not injected or inhumanely slaughtered.

For cheese replacement for mac'n'cheese, try this recipe. I've made it and its actually good.
Cauliflower Alfredo

Last edited by Psychic; 07-02-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/197/140

Height: 5'3''

It was easier to get back in to meat eating when I didn't care about the animals and how they were being treated. Then I realized what was happening. It's not just the videos but the stories and my own first-hand knowledge. I mean, whenever I drive out to see my parents, I always pass by a slaughter house and, god, the smell is horrific. And the cows are just packed in there with no room.

Tigers and lions and bears are all carnivores (or omnivores). They can't live without meat. We humans don't even have the ability to digest meat unless it's cooked. I don't know whether or not I believe we're not meant to be omnivores, but I do know that I can live without it and I'd rather not aid to the suffering of animals.

Add to that that I am lactose-intolerant, and you have a vegan.

On top of all of that, I feel better when I'm a vegan. I don't feel sick or tired. This could all just be personal experience, but try it out and see how it makes you feel.
Jesserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

While I have an issue with commercial raising of any animal for food production, I do not have a problem with home raising, caring, milking, egg laying, and butchering. At least I know it's done swiftly and as humanly as possible, and I'm not buying and or eating something I have no idea how many drugs it's been given.

Also, I have seen lots of vegan who live the supposed vegan lifestyle and are not healthy. Ya gotta have proper nutrition.

On a lighter note, a tribute to our plants! http://www.farms.com/FarmsPages/Comm...x?NewsId=50375

Being an avid organic gardener, and following the science of plants, it has become more apparent, that plants are way more intricate, complicated, intelligent and emotional, than most of us ever knew.

In the meantime, I will rip the peppers and tomatoes from their Mommy plants, rip the radishes, onions, and taters out of the ground and whack the broc, cauliflower and lettuce off and eat it! I will tear the cukes from home and slice, dice and pickle! I will harvest my herbs, and deyhdrate them for later use. I will subject my green and yellow beans and carrots to horrific temps while pressure canning. I will jerk the yellow squash and zukes off the plant, shred and freeze for use this winter in soup and stew! I will pickle my beets! YUM!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote