Old 04-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/162/135

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Please Help! I'm not loosing any weight!

I've been giving this a go for several weeks now- and still end up at the same weight. II've had a couple bobbles and get back on track, but still nothing.... I'm about ready to cry... I'm wondering if maybe the Atkins approach isn't for me/my body type. Does anyone have any help, words of wisdom for me? I've got about 25 to loose..... I need a hug....
Eloise123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Would you mind posting a typical day's menu? How much water are you drinking?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

If bobbles mean carb cheats, well, it sucks but those will throw me personally completely off track.

I've been on track since feb 15 and lost 34 pounds, but two days ago I ate some carbs and was 3 pounds up the next morning (water weight mostly). It's two days later and I'm still 1.5 pounds up so it takes a while to recover from carbs. If you had say 2 carb cheats a week, then that could take all week to recover.

That said, I usually lose about 4 pounds per week. I do <20 net grams carbs, I count calories loosely, and I also intermittent fast from 9pm to 5pm, so my eating window is from 5 to 9pm. I also excercise 12-15 hours per week (including walking).

I know my regimen is very strict but just letting you know what works for me.

Hugs
kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #4  
HEALTHIER ME

S/C/G: 190/152/135

Height: 5'9

Eloise123 I understand how you feel because when I first started my weight loss journey, I have to try a few diet plans first before I finally found what's work best for me. Body type plays an important role in a person's diet program, it doesn't mean that because this diet works to most of your friends will also work for you.

Every diet plan or program varies on how your body responds to it. On the other hand, consistency and doing it accurately are also another factors that affect the results. But don't lose hope just because it didn't turn out so well on your first try, all you need is to find the perfect plan that works for you best

Your goal is not that difficult to achieve, so I'm pretty sure you can shed off that 25 with the right attitude. I'm talking about right attitude because once you started, you need to be focus and really follow the plan that works for you. Of course any diet plan is more effective if you pair it up with a good workout routine.

Keep motivated, go girl!
wangela87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #5  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Eloise123.... Oh gosh.. I wish I knew how to help. What are you eating? Is there any hidden carbs that you did not count? Just asking. We are here to encourage you, so please let us know
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #6  

Thanks for all your support. I've been reading a lot of your posts over the past weeks and learned a lot so far.
1. One of the first things I figured out from reading your posts was the fat to protein ratio. I was eating way too much protein. If any of you have an easy way to do that math, I'd be grateful. I had a low car app on my phone, but after i tried fit day, my first low carb app was giving me different values. should I stick to Fit Day?

2. My daily diet- here are where my bobbles start coming up. My husband and I entertain a lot- and I've been in the habit of makig cookies for my clients. If I even TRY something, thats it, I'm shoving cookies in my mouth.... shameful. I'll get right back on track- but I've learned it's pushing me too far off....I finally hit a place with that where I was so disappointed in myself I felt like I was going to cry... I'd loose about 5 pounds, and then gain it right back. when I get back on track, I wont loose any weight for 4-5 days and get discourged.

B- 2 scrambled eggs,
drop of half & Half
2 slices of bacon
butter
2 cups of decaf with 2 T 1/2 & 1/2 each and 1 T sugar free vanilla syrup.

L- 3 oz. grilled chix
1 slice provolne cheese
2C mixed greens
1/3 cucumber
2T blue cheese dressing
1/4 C franks red hot sauce.

D- 1/2 lb. ground beef burger w/ provolone cheese
2 C mixed greens
1/3 cucumber
2T creamy ceasar dressing

snacks- 1/2 avacado & 2T ceasar dressing
cheese chips made from parmesan, about 1/4C.

Sometimes I have jello with whipped cream or an atkins recipe hot chocolate.

I know its not awesome- but I feel like I'm wading through this with blinders on. Something isn't sinking in.....

My water intake has been OK. Averaging 6- 16oz. glasses a day.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Eloise

Thank your for posting your menu. It looks pretty good. I'd like to make 2 suggestions if I may....the first is to be mindful of the cheese. You say you have a slice of provolone at lunch and again at dinner and then you are eating cheese chips (about 1/4 cup cheese) as snacks. Cheese can be a common "staller" for a lot of people, myself included. My second suggestion would be to add more veggies. Other than that, it looks good!
I know its difficult to be patient but, with a bit of tweaking and finding out what works for you, you will get there!
I hope this helps!
All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #8  

Thanks Jersey Girl. I read a lot of your posts on here. you are always inspiration, and have good info.

It feels like a lot of food to me. I will keep a check on my cheese intake and add more vegetables. I will also take in to account that I can't seem to make it more than about 4 days without falling off the wagon....I need to practice some more patience.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #9  

Hi Girls-
I am steadily making changes and starting to see results. I went to a Kentucky Derby party over the weekend, and didn't have one mint julep! I stuck to my guns, and my girlfriends were really supportive! (Sticking to my plan at parties was one of my problems, and I feel much better about myself today!)

Every day, my fat and protein are at about the same, so I need to figure out how to get more fats without adding or even loosing protein? Any ideas there?
I'm thinking of halving my protein at meals- I feel great that way.
Typical day-

2 scrambled eggs w/ half n half. ( sometimes cheese)
2 slices of bacon
2 cups decaf w/ half n half

Celery w caesar dressing

2 c. Spring mix
3oz chix breast sautéed with fresh mush.
1/3 cucumber
2 t. Caesar or blue cheese
SF Jello w/ whipped cream

Veg w/ dressing

Meat and cheese casserole w/ vegetable
Or
Steak w/ vegetable

Sometimes I have little slivers of butter (I love butter!). I also am ratcheting up the veggies, and cutting back on cheese.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #10  
Sue finding inner song

I am glad that you are sticking with it (eating good it looks like ) and losing weight... slowly... but you don't have much to lose... but you are doing it and that is wonderful! Congratulations!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #11  

Thanks for everyone's support. After a bit more tweaking, I'm figuring something's out:

I need to keep my calorie count down to around 1500 -1700 a day I think to really start shedding weight. I've been doing great on my carbs, but I'm finally figuring out where the "bombs" are!

I love canned whip cream on jello, but I think it's stalling me a bit, as well as cheese. :-(. I need to cool it with the cheese, diet soda are also killing my progress, so I'm just on water now, and tea.

The good news I'm testing second to the top now on my keto sticks, and that makes me happy, too. I've been spending about 40-60 minutes walking everyday, and doing a little work out. I feel like I'm headed in the right direction, and I'll accomplish my goals!

Hope this information will help someone else along their journey! It feels good to put all this stuff down where someone else might read it. I don't have girlfriends really, so I need support.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #12  

Ok, I'm a little blue today. I do good for a few days, and then I fall off. I wanted to be 10 pounds down by now, and I'm back up to where I started. :-((. I feel like im going to cry....I know I need to keep moving forward, and learning. Hopefully I will meet my goal. I have a wedding in June, and I've re set my 10 pound goal for that date. I've incorporated power yoga twice a week, and Insanity 3xs a week. Lowered my protein to about 60g a day, cut cheese in half. No more diet sodas. If anyone has a y words of encouragement, I'd love to hear. I need a hug!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #13  
13 pds in 7 days!

S/C/G: 228/215/145

Height: 5'5" WOE Atkins

Falling off..or quitting as I call it now...had always been my biggest issue. I found for me..that eating very high fat...and laying down...makes me disregard the urge this go round. Last night was day 5 for me...and I felt very irritable and said harsh words to my hubby. I made deviled eggs with plenty of mayo and kept eating them (about 3 eggs) and then went to lie down until the desire to eat carbs passed. I ended up just going to sleep. My worst urges are after work. I would gorge myself on food after work everyday..I have a stressful work environment and it was like an alcoholic binge drinking. I am not sure that helps...but staying on is the hardest part for me. I used to allow "cheat days" which turned into months and years so I am not doing that either. Please cheer up. Put on some stand up comedy. There is loads of it to be found on You Tube. Laughter is very important. My fav to watch is Louis C.K.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #14  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloise123 View Post
Ok, I'm a little blue today. I do good for a few days, and then I fall off. I wanted to be 10 pounds down by now, and I'm back up to where I started. :-((. I feel like im going to cry....I know I need to keep moving forward, and learning. Hopefully I will meet my goal. I have a wedding in June, and I've re set my 10 pound goal for that date. I've incorporated power yoga twice a week, and Insanity 3xs a week. Lowered my protein to about 60g a day, cut cheese in half. No more diet sodas. If anyone has a y words of encouragement, I'd love to hear. I need a hug!
Oh Eloise.... I am so sorry that you are having a bad time of it. and I am sorry that I could not read your PM message to me... I just don't know how to do that. I send you a the only thing you need to do... is try it one day at a time. Skip any artificial sweetners of anything.... Try that for 3-4 days and you will find the your cravings for sweet things will be alittle lighter and easy to tolerate. Just try it tomorrow... Just meat, veggies and fat... make yourself a big pretty salad.... Cook up some grilled chicken with spices.. (I love Buffalo wing sauce and it does give your test buds a kick)... But just try it tomorrow... Then Tomorrow night tell yourself you are going to try in all day Monday... Just 1 day at a time..... I had a piece of cake Wed night and I gained 3 1/2 lbs (12000calories I think not)... But carbs do that to most of us. I still haven't lost all the weight yet and have been strict Atkins since Thursday morning.. Believe that you can do it and just 1 day... We are here for you!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #15  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

It get better Eloise!!! Try beef broth or chicken broth or water to fill the voids. During the winter, I really wanted to stuff my face so I would make beef broth and sprinkle a little cheese on top and it really filled the void for me. My pattern is to graze all the time - not good.
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote