Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #1  

Default Practice what you preach, yep I owned it!

So I'm usually here shooting my mouth off telling people to own their action (whether wearing a dress, walking on their street, whatever the anxiety inducing action could be). But do I always practice what I preach? Probably not. But today I did!

I have a pair of NSV shorts (or maybe it finally is an SV!) that I have been dying to wear but was too nervous to wear them outdoors as I feel NAKED wearing them. But there I was just this morning telling someone else to just "own" their anxiety while I'm hiding behind mine.

So....I wore the shorts and EVEN tucked in my shirt (haven't tucked in a shirt in about 10 years I think) since I think it looked better that way. And I left the house, going for a coffee (so just thru the drive-thru) so I knew I wouldn't have to get out of the car unless something happened.

Well, something DID happen, in my own driveway (lol). My garage door opener battery must be dead or something (it worked this morning when I had regular clothes on!) so I had to get out of the car and walk into my garage, close the door and walk back to my car. Not that big a deal (maybe 12-15 feet) but I had to do it twice, when I left and when I got home!

Did I mention I'm wearing the brightest peachy orange shirt I ever wore in my life (practically fluorescent!) so I look like a traffic cone walking around? So as far as I know, no one saw me on my way out. But when I got home, 2 young girls who live up the street saw me and waved. I waved back like, "HI! Yep, I wear shorts and orange shirts!!" Even though inside I died!! These are the same girls who told their mom I lost weight a couple of months ago and she texted me to say she heard I was looking good. I wonder if they will tell her I'm not looking so good today LOL!!

So yep, I owned it! And I had on my sunglasses so technically I was invisible (that's how I pretend no one can see me, how immature!).

I'm so glad I didn't have to get out at the coffeeshop, my own driveway was stressful enough!! But I owned it and can now preach knowing I practice! I just need to ask my husband when he gets home tonight how bad my outfit really looks!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Wow! I'm not sure if that is an NSV, SV, or an AV (anxiety victory)!!!! No matter what, it's a victory! I think so many people have issues with stepping out of their shells *cough* (me) that would be a feat we (I'd) never imagine accomplishing! Tucked in shirt even! I don't think I've ever been comfortable enough to tuck in a shirt! Well done Elvislover!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #3  

Anxiety Victory!!! I love it!!! You just invented that, Missy!! Where is the copyright stamp?? Lunar must have one around here somewhere, that girl has everything!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #4  
Sahara

S/C/G: 182.2/140.2/147

Height: 5' 6.5"

I was looking for the like button! Good job!
saharag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5"6

ahahah I love this! I am a big fan of anything bright so I am sure it's a victory all around! Hahah jsut dont wear that outfit as you walk by the neighbour's house who you are avoiding :P
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
ahahah I love this! I am a big fan of anything bright so I am sure it's a victory all around! Hahah jsut dont wear that outfit as you walk by the neighbour's house who you are avoiding :P
LMAO Northern, guess who drove by as soon as I was in the house opening the front door for the dog to sunbathe? She did!! But I know she can't walk today as her husband is working and the kids just got off the bus. Good call though!!

You crack me up Northern.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #7  

Height: 5"6

Haha glad to hear it!!!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Awesome!! And just to add to the OWNING IT you should say to the hubby HOW HOT IS THIS OUTFIT? not how bad does it look. I bet you look great!
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #9  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skettihead03 View Post
Awesome!! And just to add to the OWNING IT you should say to the hubby HOW HOT IS THIS OUTFIT? not how bad does it look. I bet you look great!
YEAH!!!!!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skettihead03 View Post
Good advice, thank you!! I always put that negative spin on it, like I expect to look bad. I'm doing it your way tonight!!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Pictures or it didn't happen!!! LOL!!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #12  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Woot woot! I agree with RavenWolf...I'm a picture hoar. I can say that...because look what I found....

hoar= "Frozen dew that forms a white coating on a surface."

I know that for security purposes, you probably won't indulge us with a photo...

but seriously...AWESOME! I haven't worn shorts in a VERY VERY long time. VERY long.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #13  

LOL Lunar, you are so right!! I live off the grid, no pics, no Facebook, no Twitter!! (People think that I'm lying, like who doesn't have Facebook? *Waves hand!*) And I have other people looking at people I know to make sure my pics aren't out there either (omg, you all really must think I'm a witch now). I had to change my clothes to workout tonight and my husband isn't home yet. I'll get re-dressed when he gets home to ask him how hot I looked in shorts and the bright tee!

And Lunar, I'm not sure I could wear the shorts walking up and down my street but running out like I did today actually felt normal to me. Except when I'm in my own driveway lol. But if we were away on vacation where I didn't know anyone, I could have owned them so easily. It's totally out of my comfort zone but I'm going to try so hard this summer. I just need a cure for my elephant skin-looking knees!