Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #1  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Default I Must Have a Will of Steel...

to do what I spent the evening doing. We have a pretty small office where I work and we take turns bringing in treats for people's birthdays. It was my turn tomorrow to bring a treat and it's for the same girl who made my cake last year for my birthday - and it was a beautful homemade rasberry cake with homemade buttercream icing. So I my first inclination was to stop by a bakery in the morning and pick something up, but I thought about it and decided that the right thing to do would be to make her something homemade as well.

I just spent the last several hours making homemade double chocolate chunk cupcakes and carrot cupcakes with from scratch buttercream frosting. I was surrounded by sugar, chocolate, cream, flour, and just about everything else I'm not supposed to eat and I didn't even so much as lick the spoon. I didn't lick the icing off my fingers, scrape the bowl, or try the finished product. I put one of the carrot cake ones off to the side without icing that I will budget into tomorrow's calories.

I can't believe I didn't cave...I kind of feel like I could do anything right now. Would this be considered an NSV?
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #2  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocksong View Post
to do what I spent the evening doing. We have a pretty small office where I work and we take turns bringing in treats for people's birthdays. It was my turn tomorrow to bring a treat and it's for the same girl who made my cake last year for my birthday - and it was a beautful homemade rasberry cake with homemade buttercream icing. So I my first inclination was to stop by a bakery in the morning and pick something up, but I thought about it and decided that the right thing to do would be to make her something homemade as well.

I just spent the last several hours making homemade double chocolate chunk cupcakes and carrot cupcakes with from scratch buttercream frosting. I was surrounded by sugar, chocolate, cream, flour, and just about everything else I'm not supposed to eat and I didn't even so much as lick the spoon. I didn't lick the icing off my fingers, scrape the bowl, or try the finished product. I put one of the carrot cake ones off to the side without icing that I will budget into tomorrow's calories.

I can't believe I didn't cave...I kind of feel like I could do anything right now. Would this be considered an NSV?
DEFINITELY NSV! I can't even be in the same room alone with a cupcake right now!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

You are AWESOME! AND, a stronger woman than myself! LOL
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Wow!!! That's super impressive! Congrats!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 AM   #5  
sugar is the devil

HUGE willpower. I don't think I could have done that - although I'm not at the same level of discipline you are right now. It's Nurse Appreciation Week at work right now and tomorrow (well "today" now since I'm posting this after midnight) is "Baking Day". This means people are bringing in cake, muffins, cupcakes, and whatever to work to have a contest. Guess what... I'm not participating as I'm trying to avoid all this stuff. The real question for me is... I gotta avoid it all at work tomorrow. Ugh!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Absolutely and NSV!!!! Great job!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #7  

HUGE HUGE HUGE nsv!!! Congrats!!!

It seems when I make treats for a party or for my husband to bring to work, I'm not tempted to eat them as I had to do the labor and clean up the mess I made doing it all (I really do enjoy it though!). But smelling it all while making/baking/decorating, that's enough for me.

Now...if I stopped at a bakery and bought something someone else baked and decorated, watch out!! I'd be all over it!

Congrats on your nsv, you did awesome! I hope your friends enjoy your homemade treats, sounds so yummy!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
HUGE willpower. I don't think I could have done that - although I'm not at the same level of discipline you are right now. It's Nurse Appreciation Week at work right now and tomorrow (well "today" now since I'm posting this after midnight) is "Baking Day". This means people are bringing in cake, muffins, cupcakes, and whatever to work to have a contest. Guess what... I'm not participating as I'm trying to avoid all this stuff. The real question for me is... I gotta avoid it all at work tomorrow. Ugh!
Based on your screenname and "sugar is the devil" quote, I see how much you love sugar!! I think for me, in that situation, is to avoid one bite at all costs. I'd throw in the towel and go overboard if I even licked a bit of frosting and then I'd binge on way too much. But most times I can be strong enough (stubborn??) to not have anything to prove to myself that I can do it. Plus I love to post my success on 3FC that I was successful!! I wish you lots of luck, it's so hard to not be tempted. Think of us like "WW3FCD?"---"what would 3FC do?"

Last edited by elvislover324; 05-07-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #9  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

OH yes Punkrocksong.... that is a NSV and be proud of yourself... You put YOU first instead of food TOO COOL!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #10  
Kelly

As soon as everything was done I bagged up the leftover ingredients and dropped them off at my Mom's house. There was half a bag of mini chocolate chips that I didn't trust myself around. I hope I can get to the point where I can have just one cupcake without planning for it...I just don't think I'm there yet. I worried if I had one, I would have two, and then I would finish off the frosting, and then maybe go to McDonalds. I've stopped myself from binging so far, but the fear of it is always in the back of my mind - especially at night.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

WOW you are a stronger woman than I am! Huge NSV and you should be proud of yourself!

Quote:
I've stopped myself from binging so far, but the fear of it is always in the back of my mind - especially at night.
I think that this type of awareness will help you. There are some things that we are wise to fear.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #12  

Quote:
As soon as everything was done I bagged up the leftover ingredients and dropped them off at my Mom's house. There was half a bag of mini chocolate chips that I didn't trust myself around. I hope I can get to the point where I can have just one cupcake without planning for it...I just don't think I'm there yet. I worried if I had one, I would have two, and then I would finish off the frosting, and then maybe go to McDonalds. I've stopped myself from binging so far, but the fear of it is always in the back of my mind - especially at night.
Good thinking dropping the stuff off at your mom's house. For a while, I had to strategically do things like that so I wouldn't be tempted. Now you couldn't pay me to go off my plan.

What if you leave 1 cupcake at home to have tonight? So all day at work, you won't be tempted since you know you have a treat at home for later? And then when you have the 1 at home, there aren't any extra to have? You can enjoy and savor the fruits of your labor and not be tempted to have more.

You are doing so great. Posting here and talking about your fears and thoughts is huge progress in our planning to stay on plan.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #13  
Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
My office is filled with young skinny women who love to eat for the most part. We have treats a lot...thankfully I have my own office so I can ignore it, but on the days where I know there will be something I'll try to work it into my calories or I'll bring an additional snack. I have only told one person I work with I'm trying to lose weight so I didn't want to make a big show about not bringing something today - although I suppose if I wasn't such a masochist, that would have been the more sensible thing to do. I keep asking myself how I would feel after eating things like this, and most of the time how I would feel doesn't justify the indulgence. And my discipline stems more from having high blood sugar at my last physical and not wanting to become diabetic...so I am being incredibly strict about sweets.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I think that's a textbook definition of a NSV!

I think of that as an LTV as well -- a long term victory. I'm a firm believer that WE must change and adapt to surroundings -- so many people pretend that treats don't exist, refuse to have them anywhere near them but there's always going to be buttercream frosting and chocolate around us in the world, we can't pretend it doesn't exist. But seeing it, saying 'hey I dig you man, i'll see you tomorrow maybe' is the KEY to winning!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #15  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Wow! I am in complete awe of your strength! Puff out your chest, hold your head high, and strut your stuff!! That is an awesome NSV!!!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote