South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tra-la-la Tuesday - May 7

Good morning. It's a tad cool for coffee on the deck but it sure is gorgeous out there. All my tulips came out yesterday afternoon so it's really colourful. The wild plum trees are in bloom and the scent is heavenly.

Yesterday was a sort of bummer day with the whole morning spent with the quilters. I had planned to garden all afternoon but got attacked by Montezuma's Revenge although I've not been in Mexico for years. I spent most of the afternoon near the facilities but did plan what I want to do today.

A good day to tra-la-la as we tiptoe through the tulips.

What's on your plan for today?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's looking like it's about to pour here on this Tra-la-la Tuesday! I do appreciate the rain to help settle in our new plantings, but the insurance appraiser is due around 8 to determine the fate of my car and I hope the rain holds off until he's done.

Ruth, sorry you caught that nasty bug. I've had intestinal woes since Friday, and thought it was all connected to the stress of my accident, but now I realize it must be Montezuma's Revenge making it's rounds. Feel better soon.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm off o Boston this morning. Foot feels worse, not better. I made an appoinment to see the podiatrist next week if things don't improve by then since my summer vacation is looming and I have yet to break in my hiking boots.

I'll be reading while I'm gone if I can do so from my phone, but no commenting. Catch you later this week.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen, I hope your foot doesn't ruin your trip for you. Have safe travels!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I hope Montezuma does not find me!! It looks like it's going to rain here too. I picked up a bunch of plants yesterday (40 cents each!!) that I debated getting in the ground this AM. Good luck with your car Cottage, I hope the appraiser does a good job . Ruth, your view sounds beautiful (and the smells too!)!

The nursery was awesome last night, I see why my friend likes it so much. I bought several plant holders with pansies (7.95!?!?) and a bunch of veggies for my friend and I. My DD thoroughly enjoyed it (I love seeing her skipping around the place!!). We then went on a short hike, and she had ice cream while I had some mixed nuts.

Today is just the normal long day at work. My friend skipped out on our walk this AM, she's doing some kind of cleanse that she can only eat the low glycemic index fruits and veggies, and the shakes for a week. Needless to say, she feels yucky. I want to look into the cleanse, because I tend to be pretty negative on those (really? cleaning toxins?). She normally does south beach too, so I'm not sure why she chose this as well.

Have a great day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-07-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

TwynnB I bet a cleanse is similar to Montezuma's revenge. I think I will pass on both!! Nice score at the nursery. That's my plan when I get back is to buy perennials and more veggies.

Linda and Ruth, I hope you feel better, well and lighter from your stomach woes Ruth I can only imagine your view. I bet it is quite lovely.

So my nerves are getting the better if me. So much to pack too. Day pack for the ride full of my snacks, extra socks, cycling clothes etc. Travel bag, I think I was getting everything into a small duffle bag. I may purge a few things today. Separate bag that Joe will bring for me with clothes for Sunday through Tuesday. When I went to DC growing up I always remember we looked nice. My dress uniform and all the do dads associated with it for Monday night's memorial service. Last night I devoured a bag of Beanitos yup the entire bag. Oh anxiety how I hate you.

Oh well what's done is done. Today is a new healthier day. Meeting my sisters for lunch and getting the car washed. I figure it is going to rain tomorrow, but the car will be in the garage all day.

Enjoy your day
Old 05-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm going MIA for a few days. Our renovation project was supposed to start NEXT Wednesday and a call from our contractor friends moved it up to tomorrow. They will arrive today with construction trailer and then head to denver to see if they can purchase a camper. If they don't find one then they will reside in our tv room for the next 4 nights. Either way, we will be sharing our home with them. Internet has been painfully slow (WTF) and some mornings I can't even seem to hold a connection long enough to post.

Jennifer, best wishes with your bike trip! I look forward to hearing about it.

Karen, safe travels!

I'm off to work...crazy!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth hope you are getting over the bug

Cottage good luck with your appraisal

Karen sorry about your foot hope it doesn't hurt you too much and safe travels

Twynn you will have to let us know when you find out why she is doing if she is also doing SB

Jennifer have a great time on your bike trip, I am sure you will have a blast

Debbie good luck with your renovation project.

DH is sick I think he just has a cold though but oh my you would think it is worse Awana tonight just 3 more nights and we are done for the year, managed to not get sucked into being a director at training on Saturday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Another beautiful day here. Crabapple trees are starting to bloom. Ruth, I love tulips but so do the deer, moles and other assorted varmint in my yard so I am usually only successful with daffodils since they're poisonous. We could actually use some rain as there have been several brush fires in the area recently.

Hope all the chicks with assorted health problems find quick relief, and those of you traveling have safe journeys. Luck with the renovation project, Debbie. May things go smoothly.

Happy rest of Tuesday, everyone!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Another late check in for me. Busy day at work, as usual. Didn't even get time to finish my lunch! It was an awesome lunch I packed, too. Oh well. Try again tomorrow

Good luck with your project Debbie! Not to be a worrywart or anything, but since they're staying with you, make sure your valuables are secured, etc, etc.

Beth- I loveeee crabapple trees! If I had my own place, crabapple would be all I planted

I hope all you chicks under the weather start feeling better, and I hope the weather starts behaving better for some of you!

Karen and Jennifer- Enjoy your trips, and be safe!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Moving, busiest work week of the year, migration season - what was I thinking?!
Closed Thread