Old 05-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #1  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Smile My Time at TOPS State Recognition Day (Photos)

I just got back home from the Nevada SRD last night, which is held by TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). Although I joined my chapter back in 2009 and became the co-leader last year, I wasn't sure what I was in for since it was my first time attending the annual event. All I really knew was that the theme would be "Gone With the Pounds" and that I was some kind of division winner.

I made a poster to represent our chapter, which was entered in their poster competition:

I bought textured scrapbook paper and fringed ribbon to work with, and went with the idea of doing a drapery theme from Gone With the Wind with little curtains that could be lifted up to reveal windows of weight loss tips.

Here I am on Friday wearing my old favorite shirt with a new skirt, a good investment since I got it from the maternity section at Target. It'll grow with me!

I got a lot of compliments on it, but not nearly as many as I did with the dress I wore yesterday.

Photos were not allowed during the actual stage presentation, but all the division winners were seated in the back and called up to the center stage one by one to have their before and after photos shown and their stories read. For the life of me I couldn't remember what I'd hurriedly written for it a few months back, but I was relieved I wasn't nervous or emotional. And when my turn arrived, I was greeted with hearing my own opening about how I've had a lifetime struggle with my weight and that I'd first joined TOPS for one short year with my mother back in 1989 (when I was only 13). I about lost it in front of all those people, wishing she was here to see this now (we lost her to cancer in 1996). I was actually thankful I'd left out last year's miscarriage as a motivation, instead choosing to blur it out as "family issues;" I really don't think I could have handled it being brought up after I'd reached that state. But it was still a very positive experience of course! I was very honored to be the second place winner of division II and was approached by strangers all afternoon, being told I was such an inspiration to them.

I was also awarded first place in the poster contest; here I am with another look at it.

I do sort of wish I had the chance to speak about the low point of my miscarriage and finally getting pregnant again after working so hard to get healthier this year (I'm seven weeks along now), but that story can wait for another time, after I've had the baby. I'm rather thankful I didn't have to read my own story, but I'm sure the whole reason they have an announcer do it is because a lot of us just might too emotional about our own words to get through them anyway.

I had a great time! The only thing is that I came home to about a 6 pound gain . . . mostly water I'm sure, but GRRR! When I wasn't having morning sickness I was absolutely ravenous with hunger! I kept things mostly in check, but being away from home I did indulge on some bacon (sodium!) and pancakes (sugar!) on Friday morning and a slice of red velvet cake (more sugar!) with my dinner yesterday evening. It feels good to be completely back on plan now that I'm home though and I have no regrets . . . I just hope the scale looks somewhat normal by the time Wednesday rolls around.

Oh, and for those of you new to the forum who may not know me, here's a current before and after from my highest weight:

I hope to be back on the wagon sometime next year. In the meantime I'm doing my best to eat right and get some exercise in so I can have a healthy little one sometime in December.

Last edited by Elladorine; 05-05-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Wow on everything you have accomplished.

Last edited by IanG; 05-05-2013 at 03:02 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Glad you had fun at your TOPS Event. And you look fabulous!
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #4  

Love the dress on you!! Congrats on all you have accomplished!
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #5  
Calorie and Carb Counter

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Elladorine, you look amazing in your dress! Congratulations on everything! You're really an inspiration!
immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #6  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Awesome job Elladorine! You look absolutely wonderful and did a great job with your poster! You are definitely an inspiration and you must be proud of yourself. Congratulations again!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #7  

Congratulations, you look so beautiful! Love the curl in your hair too!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

You are such an inspiration! I am glad that you had a good time. In Dec, we will be looking for baby pictures!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I did'nt realize that TOPs is the group you help lead! I remember my Mom losing a ton of weight and volunteering with her local TOPS group. I was considering looking for a group here around me. Congratulations! You look wonderful.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #10  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I loved reading that! Your poster is spot on. :-)

You just look so HAPPY. Congrats on all that you have accomplished and congrats on the pregnancy!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #11  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Amazing! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments! You look beautiful and are an inspiration to even more people now!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #12  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Great job, Elladorine! You looked lovely, and you did a wonderful job on your poster. Such a neat idea! Congratulations on everything.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #13  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I freakin' love your poster! When I saw it I was hoping that you'd win some kind of award for it; I'm glad you did!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #14  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

OH wow... You have really accomplished so much (yourself and helping others in your TOPS group) I love the poster, you have a very creative mind Congratulations as you look like a poster girl for what TOPS is all about (end product!!)
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #15  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats! You've done amazing well, I'm very proud of you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote