Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default I Look Thinner Every Where BUT My Arms...

and waist!!
What the heck? I know you can't pick and choose where you lose inches, but I'm losing from every where but my arms and waist! I'm actually getting aggravated about it. I look at those two areas and see my fat, and it starts to over rule my progress.

I "know" I've lost inches in my hips, thighs, calves, chest/bust area from measuring every two weeks. I know I've lost weight because my clothing size and shoe size has went down. The scale has went down.

But my arms and waist have remained the same. I haven't been doing a lot of ab work because it hurts my back so bad. I know I need to get serious about my strength training, but just haven't. If you can't "spot" reduce I don't see how either of these will help my issue anyway.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #2  

I could knock someone out with my batwings! I never ever remember my arms looking like this, even when I was over 300lbs (they must have been solid fat?? yuck!). I try so hard to hide my arms from my husband and won't even show him the yucky cottage-cheesy type skin I have. I'm just praying for a miracle that it cures itself. It happened on my thighs and stomach too (like above my belly button) but it's not as awful as the batwings, maybe because those are right in front of my face.

I have no advice but I'm right there with you!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175.6/173/135 & Fit

Height: 5ft8

For me my arms are the last thing to lose. My upper arms especially are big right now. But eventually they do lose. When I weighed 110 I had kinda sickly looking fore arms and my upper arms looked skinny average. So don't worry eventually it does come off. I am hoping at 125 my fore arms won't look so sick and my wrist won't be so scrawny (Even though I'm small boned so they are going to be on the scrawny side anyways lol) Hope this gives you some hope! HUGS!

Last edited by wolfgirl69; 05-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.
wolfgirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #4  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

My arms are in your boat. My waist is in another boat, and my hips are in yet another.

I think we're all just a bit different. My waist is always my easy part...my weight comes off my waist first. Next I start losing on the chest, and then my legs. My hips and my arms just want to hang on to the weight they have, and sometimes it seems there's just no persuading them otherwise! I weight train and I do far more butt/glute and bicep/tricep exercises than anything else...but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm sure my hips and arms will co-operate eventually, although I know it can be frustrating at times. I wish you luck with your waist and arms!
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to assume that my arms will be the last thing to be lost. When I was 212, I look like this phenomenal hourglass expect my arms were the same size. I don't even lose inches there! I'm assuming my arms will have to wait till after onderland to have any progress. But I really didn't focus on them much. I was wasting all that time focusing on my hips since they were keeping me in plus sizes
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I'm glad y'all are in similar boats! LOL! Well...not really glad for you but glad I'm not alone! Hahaha!! Guess I should clarify that.

I was "hoping" my arms would shrink a bit since we have military ball in June. Long sleeved dresses are out, so I'm nervous and mad about it. Yep...I'm mad. I'm not afraid to admit it!! Take that fat arms! LOL!!

Guess all I can do is hope for it to improve over time.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #7  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

My arms are pretty bad right now too I found this video that i've been doing just to give my arms an extra 'work out' aside from cardio and everything else im doing.
Here's a link to the vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4dQOBbLnk7o
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

My upper arms are awful. I've lost inches everywhere else but my bat wings actually make the circumference of my arms larger. Ugh.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

This is not true for everyone, of course, but I have read that when women loose fat, we lose it from the outside limbs and then in. So typically, our faces, forearms, and calves all loose fat first. Then it starts coming off our thighs, upper arms, and back. Lastly, our stomachs. So if you are seeing progress, KEEP GOING!!! It is working, just be patient and the fat will eventually come off of those areas.

You want to strength train because it defines those muscles when the fat DOES come off. Plus, when you create those small tears in the muscles by strength training, your body burns calories both to repair and maintain those new muscles. You cannot spot reduce because your body uses stored energy from all over, not just from the fat directly over the muscle. There is also something about keeping elasticity in the skin when you strength train, but I have no idea the specifics about it.

Even after loosing 40 lbs, my arms were still a little big for my taste. I did zumba and lost an inch in each of my arms

Last edited by Andrea85; 05-05-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I feel the same about my lower waist, I feel like a dumbell
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, for me it's definitely waist and stomach. I'm not sure it's ever going to go down!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

They will get smaller, it just takes time I hated my arms and they weren't going down at all until very recently they just suddenly shrank. Keep up the hard work and the fat will eventually come off from everywhere.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #13  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachAndrea85 View Post
I did zumba and lost an inch in each of my arms
Zumba here I come!!
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #14  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Although I've lost almost 20 pounds now, I have barely lost anything from my waist. My pants are getting super baggy, but I can't fit in the next size down yet because my waist isn't shrinking. Its driving me nuts.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote