South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wild and Wonderful Weekend - May 4 & 5

Good morning! I'm not sure if that title is appropriate as I am going to be at a meeting in Ottawa today at the AGM of Victoria's Quilts. We'll be discussing "compliance" with Revenue Canada's reporting requirements for charities. Doesn't that sound boring? I guarantee it will be and lots of the quilting biddies will have ruffled feathers by the end of the day. I'll try not to start any statements with "Listen, a$$hole...." Wish me luck.

It's going to be a gorgeous day and I hate to miss gardening. Before I go I need to do fence patrol again since Jazz managed to do another escape route. He came back on his own to the side door and sat there looking cute and very happy as if he always comes in that door. If I don't find his newest exit, he'll be on the long lead. Donna is doing dog duty for me today and we sure don't want him escaping. I also went for a walk in the woods and discovered the trilliums are now out so it's time to change my avatar since the dear hepaticas are over until next year.

The lads were here all morning yesterday finishing the generator installation. I wasn't expecting them so it kind of screwed up the day. I did manage to get some watering done outside though and have my front porch just about ready for loafing tonight when I get home.

Enjoy your weekend and do something just for you.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, Ruth....how you crack me up! I'd be bringing extra mugs of Paul to a meeting like that, it sounds horribly boring. That little stinker Jazz, at least he comes back on his own!

It is a gorgeous morning out, I actually slept in until 6:15 and skipped my morning walk . I'll do my short loop with her before I go to work, since I'm expecting DH to want to do physical activity later. I do want to finish planting some things in the garden...I picked up more seeds and some starter plants yesterday.

I went to bed *way* earlier than the rest of my family last night (8.5 hrs sleep, woo hoo!), when do you think the rest of the crazies will wake up?!?!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. My nephews are up already and playing video games. I think we have them until just before lunchtime. I work this afternoon and again tomorrow afternoon. Rainy and cold here this weekend so my weekend "w" word is Wet. Off to read for a bit while the boys are occupied. Have a great one.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sneaking in a hello from work!

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, I'm going to at least try to make this a "Wild & Wonderful Weekend", but it sure didn't start out that way. Yesterday a woman ran a light and broadsided me, and then told the cops it was my fault! There were plenty of witnesses, but no one came forward. We were stopped at the light, and when it turned green I proceeded, and she came out of nowhere. The police haven't cited anyone. Her car had to be towed away and I was able to drive my poor car, limping car home, but the insurance says they'll most likely total it. I am grateful that on one was hurt, at least.

So today Jake and I are going out looking at new cars, something I do not want to be doing. GRRRRRRRRR!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Linda thank goodness you are OK!!! Let the insurance companies fight it out. So many witness keep their mouths shut for fear of being involved. Sadly when an officer writes an accident report, we base it on "operator 1 states...operator 2 states...damage to veh consistent with...we are not permitted to interject our opinion unless witnessed by us.

Wild no wonderful yes! Another glorious morning. Just finishing up my java then off to ride. I am at my low weight. I am treating myself to no sugar added ice cream at night, but I must earn it. Ice cream and I have a tumultuous relationship. I am proving to myself I am in control of my choices, no matter what the ice cream container thinks.

Joe and I are going to see a documentary tonight. It is at the Cradle Aviation Museum in Garden City. It is called Heroes Behind the Badge. Proceeds benefit the National Law Enforcement Memorial. Tomorrow he needs to leave early to help a friend cut up a tree. I will catch up with him after my ride. Then I will be in full panic mode until Thursday. I am so incredibly nervous about this ride constantly worrying did I train enough. Guess I will know soon enough!

Deep breath, deep breaths for CyndiM too Hope the move is going well.

Ruth behave yourself at the meeting

Tammy don't let DH work you too hard later.

Debbie take a day off and play hookie or join me for a ride

Karen I hope the weather clears up. Enjoy your time with your nephews
Old 05-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!

I'm bringing 3 weeks worth of hello's with me! I've been working my tail off at my new job (just as a temp right now, but I hope they hire me on permanently) and haven't had much internet time. I'm up at 5, out the door at 6:20, at work until 3:30, home after 4, and usually passed out by 7. I had no idea sitting at a comfy desk chair all day was so stinking exhausting!

So, needless to say, I've wandered a bit away from the Beach. I was afraid to heat up any chili in case it smelled too strong. Well, somebody had curry for lunch yesterday, so I figure my chili aroma will be safe! I'm going to go a short phase 1 (just a week) starting Monday, to get back into the swing of things.

Ruth- behave!
Linda- oh no! I'm glad you're alright. May that woman be cursed with pimples in uncomfortable places!
Debbie- At work?! In case you didn't notice, it's Saturday.

Have a great day, all!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Beautiful morning here as well. Sunny, birds singing, coffee mug in hand, no work today, what more could a girl want?

Not sure what the day holds. I would like to get out and do some yard clean-up, since I was away last weekend I still have flower beds that need tidying. A little early to plant anything but the cold-hardy veggies here. I am thinking about going shopping for a compost bin. Now that is some excitement!

The scale was kind this week: I am down a couple pounds. I have been paying careful attention to my snacking. Who knew that having 2 or 3 (or 4) afternoon snacks makes the weight creep?!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

It's an ugly ugly day outside...pouring rain right now as I look out my windows at work.

But on the plus side, after drinking more water than normal last night and hitting the gym extra hard this morning, I saw a 2.5 pound woosh on the scale this morning.

I didn't read the thread before I posted...but oh no, Linda, I'm glad you're okay!!! Sorry about your car. I am TERRIFIED that I'm going to be involved in an accident now that I'm 3 payments away from paying off my car. *knock on wood*

Last edited by Natasha1534; 05-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Linda, I hope you're feeling okay today. Don't those people know who YOU ARE?!?! . I remember when I got hit a couple of years ago (they were turning left from the right lane of a 2 lane one way street) and they said it was my fault. Really? It was funny, my insurance company's response. Hers said I should've been polite and let her turn!

Natasha, YAY! for the WHOOSH!!

Jekel - how did your relationship with ice cream go last night?!?

It looks like it will be another gorgeous day here. I decided to try and do my walk later, when the family is up and may go with me. I realized today is May 5th - this is my 5 year anniversary of starting South Beach. In one way, I am so proud of how much better I eat (my coffee...no artificial creamer or any sugar...just milk! and how often do I eat fast food now?!), but am ashamed at how much weight has crept back on. I was just thinking that now that I'm walking so much, I need to really emphasize my eating and try to be better. I feel so much better when I do both!

So today is church, bible study with lunch after (lasagna...so phase I.5 starts tomorrow!), and then preparing for the week.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Another beautiful morning here! Birds chirping, sun shining, I LOVE MAY!

Today's agenda is all the niggles I did not finish yesterday: laundry, a quick grocery trip for the items BJ's doesn't carry (I did the monthly bulk shopping yesterday), a little cleaning and picking away at yard work. But nice weather makes it easier for me to get motivated.

Have you ever noticed that a watched pot never boils and a watched coffeemaker slows down?! Hope everyone's cup is full soon and you have a lovely morning to enjoy as you sip.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Beth. I'm lifting my mug southward atcha with a toast to a gorgeous day. I feel badly even mentioning it when the Midwest is so cold and snowy. My gardening buddies in WI are moaning a lot lately.

As expected, yesterday's meeting in Ottawa was a drag and there is mega-resistance to the new rules. I almost told them to just suck it up and quit moaning but bit my tongue. Didn't get home until after five and was bushed so did not do the fence patrol for the Happy Wanderer. That's on the niggle list today along with three other small things that are essential.

Later today I am going to a friend's house to admire her magnolia tree that is in gorgeous bloom. I never realized magnolias had such a sweet and subtle scent. They are tricky to grow around here but Rachel's is in a sheltered spot. I also will meet Diego, her 15 year old exchange student, who is Chilean and here for a few weeks of school and small town "culture" as it is in Delta. We're doing BBQ for supper. (I realize I should be saying "grilling" but we Canuks just call it it BBQ! Two great nations separated by a common language!)

Now, I'm off to do fence patrol and then on with this lovely day! Enjoy!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #13  

Tammy, I am feeling a lot better this morning, but will really be able to breathe normally once all this insurance stuff is out of the way and I know exactly what's happening with my car. I found a new car I really liked yesterday, it's a Mitsubishi Outlander, the same as I'm driving now, but I have to wait until Tuesday to see if they really are going to total my car. Although I really didn't want to put out the money for a new car, I have to admit that I am feeling a bit excited. My car is just over 10 years old and maybe it is time to get a new one. Oh, BTW, Happy Anniversary and enjoy your lasagna before getting back on track again!

It's starting out cloudy here, Beth, but the sun is promised by noon. May is my favorite month, too, with all the new life happening around us. LOL, isn't that the truth about a watched pot never boils? I hope you're enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee right now.

My DD and DGD are coming out for a short visit after church, and Dad said he has a lot of rhubarb ready for me to pick, so I have to run over there. I think he's hinting for a pie. Other than that, I don't see anything else on the agenda for the day except enjoying the sunshine.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Morning, Cottage. Thanks for the rhubarb reminder. I have picking privileges at a neighbour and may just get some later today. I love it stewed with just a touch of agave. Sure hope the insurance settles quickly and you can truly get excited about a new car. (If you want to test drive it, just head north!)
Old 05-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #15  

Lifting my cup to you, Ruth. I hope you figure out how to confine that Happy Wanderer to the yard, the little rascal. He's probably so pleased with himself that he's able to sneak out and then find his way back home. Sorry your dreaded meeting was such a downer yesterday, did they at least feed you? Enjoy your evening and the magnolia tree. Here in eastern PA, we refer to grilling out as BBQ, too, so you're not that far away. LOL, you know I'll have to drive my new car up to show you. I have to get my Big Sister's approval, don't I?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-05-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Closed Thread