Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Default Feeling New Bones

So, since losing 160 pounds, I have had opportunities to find and feel "new" bones. My first discovery was my collarbones, which was awesome! Just a few weeks ago, I discovered my hip bones (only when laying down until my tummy tuck)!

Well today, I did it.

While waiting for a page to load, I got down on the floor and did 20 situps. My butt crack was killing me after just 10! I had to get the dog's bed and put it under my butt just to do 10 more! I then felt back there and freaked for a minute! What is that strange round-ish bump???? I asked my boyfriend. Annoyed, he felt it and replied...

"Your tail bone!!!" lmao!

Last edited by ikesgirl80; 05-02-2013 at 09:18 PM.
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #2  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

That is awesome! I too am discovering bones I haven't seen/felt in DECADES!! Yay for us!
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesgirl80 View Post
So, since losing 160 pounds, I have had opportunities to find and feel "new" bones. My first discovery was my collarbones, which was awesome! Just a few weeks ago, I discovered my hip bones (only when laying down until my tummy tuck)!

Well today, I did it.

While waiting for a page to load, I got down on the floor and did 20 situps. My butt crack was killing me after just 10! I had to get the dog's bed and put it under my butt just to do 10 more! I then felt back there and freaked for a minute! What is that strange round-ish bump???? I asked my boyfriend. Annoyed, he felt it and replied...

"Your tail bone!!!" lmao!

That's great!
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

I've had moments like that.

What the heck is this?!? What is WRONG WITH ME?!

Yeah just a funky bone in my wrist!

Side note, my collarbones make me nauseous! I can't remember the last time I saw them and frankly the idea of such a thin layer of skin between me and pure bone disgusts me. Hopefully I will get over it and learn to love them. >.<
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellig19 View Post
Side note, my collarbones make me nauseous! I can't remember the last time I saw them and frankly the idea of such a thin layer of skin between me and pure bone disgusts me. Hopefully I will get over it and learn to love them. >.<
lol I love feeling mine! I do it all day!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #6  
Shona★

S/C/G: 220/185.4/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikesgirl80 View Post
lol I love feeling mine! I do it all day!
Haha so do I!! I'm 17 and I had never seen my collarbone until December last year; I saw it after losing about 10 pounds. I always touch my collarbone, and I LOVE looking in the mirror and being able to see it, it's so exciting and a huge motivation to be able to actually see the changes on my body.
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #7  

Quote:
This is how I feel too, but I do touch them just to make myself sick!

Every night I feel my ribs through my stomach (laying down of course, so all the fat shifts LOL!) and it's the same kind of thin layer.

Even though it grosses me out, I get giddy inside at the same time!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
This is how I feel too, but I do touch them just to make myself sick!

Every night I feel my ribs through my stomach (laying down of course, so all the fat shifts LOL!) and it's the same kind of thin layer.

Even though it grosses me out, I get giddy inside at the same time!
lol Elvis!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Not quite a bone, but . . .

When I was having some kidney trouble a couple of years ago, right after reaching goal, I went to see a urologist. He had me lay back down on the exam table and and started feeling my lower back, under the ribs, and said something like, "Well, I can't feel anything on your kidney."

I was surprised and said, "You can feel my kidney?!"

He replied, "On very thin people like you, it's easy to feel the kidney."

Although I never really warmed up to that doctor (and hated having to deal with the kidney stuff) I loved him in that particular moment.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #10  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Lol
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #11  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
What the heck is this?!? What is WRONG WITH ME?!

Yeah just a funky bone in my wrist!
I just noticed that this morning! I had this weird moment when I realized that yes, those wrists do belong to me.

My collarbones must be shy. I can see the tinest hint of a shadow of where they are and I can feel them, but they haven't decided to show up yet. I'm also starting to get these shallow shadows on the sides of my face. Hello cheekbones, nice to meet you!
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #12  
chubby chica

S/C/G: 198/155/135

Height: 5'8

I remember when I first lost loads of weight, I was moving something when I heard a huge POP. At first my friends and I thought I had broken or dislocated something, but then I realized it was my elbow hitting my hipbone! It was both a very uncomfortable and victorious feeling simultaneously.
flea is offline   Reply With Quote