Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 14stone/9.5stone

Height: 5ft4inchs

Default .xenical For my weight gain

Hi, new to this Forum. I have been taking Lithium for 2 years for Bipolar and have gained 5 stone.

Today my GP has prescribed Xenical. From what I understand I have to consume less than 15g of Fat per meal. Does anyone have any suggestions for low fat menu planning? Or experience of this Drug?

I understand that there is a period of adjustment for bowel??????? And I must not exceed daily total Fat in take!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
Rachel32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I would so a search for Alli. It is available under that name over the counter here.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi Rachel,

I used to take Xenical. From what I can remember, it is very important to limit fats because the Xenical aids the body in excreting the fat in your excrement. If you eat more fats than what your doctor or health professional is suggesting, your movements may be more oily or loose, I THINK. I haven't taken this drug in years but that is what I remember.

Again, this is from what I remember, not medical advice. I need to eat low fat too, so I suggest eating fruits and vegetables and foods that are grilled, not fried. Also I don't know if there are nutrition labels on your packaging that give the fat content listed but I would try to use your common sense, if you think a food is too fatty, perhaps eat a little or not at all. Also, don't hesitate to ask your health professional such as your doctor's office or whoever is prescribing this for you to give you advice. That is what they are there for, to help you!

I hope that you lose the weight that you want to lose, safely on Xenical. I lost some weight on it. I think what is important to remember with diet pills is that they are not a 'magic bullet.' It is still important to eat healthily and exercise.

Feel free to private message me if you like.

Take care!!

Last edited by seabiscuit; 05-02-2013 at 08:42 PM.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #4  

Thanks that's great. I have found more research and you are completely right. Less than 15g with each meal.

Taken two doses so far. I had porridge, an orange and a banana for breakfast and for lunch I has carrots, baby corn, broccoli & snap teas with seasoning.

I'm training for a half marathon so I'm hoping the low fat diet, extra boost and incentive from the Xenical and exercise will get be back to my 9st 2lb!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I hope that the Xenical works for you! It sounds like you are off to a great start!!

Good luck with your marathon training!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #6  

I will keep you posted, as far as first day editing go today hasn't been bad at all. Looking forward to a run later this evening