Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Bikini Ready 2013 Challenge - Part II!

Well, we got there! This challenge is OVER! Huge congratulations to the final 19 (178 people came and went!) who made it to the very end no matter what their weight.

Please click here to see the spreadsheet which is now in order of who lost the most percentage of weight loss

As you can see KYMISH is our winner! Following our gold medal winner we have ChickieBoom taking silver and our bronze medal winner is Andi 24

I hope you all had a great time with this challenge, please feel free to post up progress pictures!

If you want to try a new type of challenge please join my NO EXCUSES 20 Day Challenge!

Last edited by Riestrella; 06-24-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Howdy! Well we're a chatty bunch, already in our second thread!

So today was a bit of a hit and miss day for me! I had a few snacks at work, home made scones made by my co-worker and a few pieces of chocolate left over from Valentine's day. Eep! >_< But despite feeling the pre-period blues and feeling SUPER lazy I did my Cardio 1 workout to put my counter to 12/72 workouts done for BR! Tomorrow I step it up to Phase 2 which means 2 new strength workouts.

My lunch was great! Mostly vegetables which was awesome. It will take a while to get used to not having my carby/salty snacks that I usually cram into my lunch, but I know it'll be good for me in the long run. I'm sure my cravings will go crazy soon enough!

I'm probably not going to see results this week what with my period coming up. I always get bloated and my boobs feel like they double in size! I'm always so sensitive to my body around this time of the month, I hate it! God, I sound like such a moany woman! But anyway, I hate how much my mind tricks me into thinking I'm a huge pregnant hippo sometimes!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Rie: ooh, i just did day 12 too!! but, are you not gonna have a rest day? it's rest day after the 2nd cardio... no? let me know how hard the new workouts are... T_T

my day was weird too... even though i know it wasn't bad, it kinda feels like a fail... you guys are gonna think i'm being RIDICULOUS, but i'm pretty much beating myself up for eating 2 apples. yup. two apples. well, on top of my dinner. see i got home and i was really tired, so i rested a bit and i got really hungry so i chomped on an apple. then i decided that i could not wait for what i was cooking, so i had a salad. after the salad, i still had the munchies so i ate another apple, chopped up, with some peanut butter. then my lentils finally finished cooking and i had a little bit of those and FINALLY i felt sated. but i felt so "heavy" after, you know?

I dunno what's wrong with me these last few days, i feel i'm eating more than i should. it's all healthy stuff, and not in very big portions, but i'm feeling more "snacky" then - say - a month ago, when i could just have my salad at 6pm and then be totally fine til bedtime. now it's like i have the munchies all the time which is annoying. i know it could be worse and i could be eating crappy foods, which i'm not, but i'm just feeling a bit defeated cuz i know that at this rate i'll just maintain and not lose anything... *sigh*

well anyways, i guess i needed to get that off my chest. lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I think I may finally be back on track..maybe. Past few weeks have been tough...craziness in my life got in the way. But I hit a new low so, isn't much, but is a new low, so I'll take it
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

Welcome celigirl88!

Riestrella-glad you got those flowers! You deserve them!! And that hoody is adorable! Thanks so much for the encouragement-you’re right, even if I can just fit 20 min in somewhere, that would be great! And I’m going to do it-and win that competition! It’s so frustrating though, because I feel like I’m putting in a decent amount of effort right now, and not really seeing too much loss. he’s not really worrying about his eating too much, but you know boys-he could decide to get into it for 2 weeks and lose more than I do the whole 5! Do you have a crockpot? I don’t do much with chicken, but if you put it in the crockpot with your veggies/potatoes/whatever you want, it’ll slow cook all day, and smell/taste AWESOME when you get home!

Kymish-don’t give up! Idk what’s going on with the scale, but you’ve done so well, this plateau will pass!!

MaddieBPhoto-I bet you’d look awesome in a bikini, but I think that’s really smart to look out for your own mental well being too. For me, sometimes all it takes is looking at one really in-shape girl and all of a sudden I feel badly about my own progress (and I actually think I’m doing alright!). That tankini sounds adorable, and I hope you feel awesome it in!

Buttercup85-glad you had a fun weekend! I can never take that stuff either-I know it’s worth it to some people, but I’d almost rather need to run to a restroom than not be able to…sorry if that was tmi!

KawaiiCandie-I know you already know this, but at least those foods you’re eating are healthy!! That sounds like a pretty ok night to me foodwise

So I have a friend at school that I talk to sometimes about the whole healthy eating/exercise thing. We both haven't been doing our best lately. i've gotten to the point where i track calories in my head,or i'll write them down for the day then throw the paper away at the end of the day or erase it on my computer. i've decided just winging it isn't helping me at all! i logged back into myfitnesspal (after about 10 minutes of trying to remember my username/password) and set it to what i'm currently doing now and how much i want to lose per week. it says my daily goal is 1360 calories per day! i can't remember if MFP gives you more calories to eat on days you work out, but i'm hoping so, because that doesn't sound like enough to me! i'm going to do my best to stick with it though for at least a few weeks and see if i'm feeling better. see? diet ADD. i've never been the kind of person who just picks a program and sticks to it. i'm all over the place!

Hope all you ladies are having a great day!

Last edited by summerkate83; 02-19-2013 at 10:47 AM.
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone,

I’ve been quietly posting in the spreadsheet. My weight stayed about the same since the start. Being accountable and posting my weight each week probably kept me from gaining more. The new year so far has been a stress fest. I’m finishing up a graduate degree and have been doing a lot of career related stuff. I think being at a place where the end of living at home/underemployment is in sight makes me a little more anxious.

I’m changing some things up. I cut my work hours a little bit. I also decided to take an easier option for my research seminar class. I’m also trying to accept where my weight is and accept a slower weight loss. I compare myself to the numbers I saw in previous challenges. During those challenges I was not nearly as busy and stressed. I’m obviously not going to lose as much as when I had that kind of time to devote to the process. I need to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good and get to a place where I’m at least loosing something.

Last edited by Scarlett; 02-19-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi, old member coming back here finally after a long time away. I'm at the same weight I started at before, struggling with the same problems. I manage to motivate myself to work out, but I'm struggling with the food once again. I'm going to try to make a really specific plan for next week, and do my best to resist temptation. I still haven't worked out how to muster some self control, but I'm going to try!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #8  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Scarlett - Good luck! I hope that your easier schedule takes some of the stress off of you!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #9  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Yay for a new thread! I had to adjust my goal weight since I had put on some extra weight last week, but now I no longer feel overwhelmed about how much I want to lose and feel like my goal for this challenge is much more attainable. It's been a good day OP and even though I only had a walk earlier as exercise, I feel pretty great overall! Now to find a good program to stick with that fits in my schedule for now, once things calm back down at work I will be able to get back into P90X full swing!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #10  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Pink Hurricane - Yeah, I'm all about making reasonable and achievable weight loss goals. That way, like you said, it's not overwhelming, but also if I do surpass my goal, I feel even MORE awesome!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Part 2 part 2 part 2! :P

Today when I got home the scale, it said 179, which was a 7(!!!)lb loss. Then it said 175, then 172, then 169. And then I checked the batteries, haha. ;P Once they were replaced, it said 184 (much more like what I expected). It's a loss, and a good one, but it was exciting for the split second that I believed the 179.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

My weight has barely changed since I started this challenge. Now I've been feeling really ill since Monday and haven't been able to eat anything without throwing up, so for feeling THIS uncomfortable I think there better be some weightloss involved!
I've tried to drink lots of water and tea although it makes me feel sick. No point in getting dehydrated methinks.
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Scarlett-I think that’s awesome you were able to maintain with all that stress. You’re right, by still being mindful, you probable prevented a gain! (That’s what I have to remind myself of when I’m not losing!)

Themilesawaygirl-good luck with your plan!

Pinkhurricane-glad you were able to take some of the pressure off with your goal. The stress of feeling like you HAVE to lose a certain amount can take a lot of the fun out of this!

MusicalAstronaut-I hate when that happens with my scale! Mine hasn’t been that off, but sometime it’ll give me a low reading and then I’ll double check and get a higher one-ugh!! Congrats loss though-that’s great!!

Runthecontinent-hope you feel better soon!

Someone left chocolate cupcakes in the atrium at school today-that is NO GOOD! I didn’t have any, but I certainly was tempted! This is my second day tracking on MFP, and so far it’s going pretty good! I’m staying pretty close to my allotted calories, and hopefully it will pay off this week yesterday I got on the wii fit and did an “island run.” I know it’s not real running, but I’m still exerting myself and i got pretty sweaty in that 12 minutes. I may just try to do a few mini wii fit runs during the day and see if it helps my weekly loss. That, and I’m trying to get enough school work done that I don’t feel guilty taking an hour or two to get to the gym, get my sweat on, and come back.
Hope all you ladies are having a great day!!
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Riestrella - Everyone gets the pre-period blues! And MOST women gain. I can't get the scale to budge for about a week. It's easier to say this when I'm past it, but it really is true.

Kawaii - Apples take more calories to burn than what you consume. Give yourself a break, girl.

Summerkate - Chocolate cake or cupcakes are the most amazing thing in the world to me!! LOVE THEM! BUT if I stay away & don't even have a single morsel, I'm ok. If I take a bite, I have to eat 12 cupcakes. Stupid chocolate.

I'm feeling really happy with where I am at & I think I'm going to call it. I bought a medium sized cocktail dress from Forever 21 yesterday...I used to only buy accessories because I couldn't even get my fat foot into their clothes & now I have to get mediums! We are going on a cruise so I needed a fancy dress...and it is so fancy! Then I went to find shorts today for the cruise, & the 6s fit perfectly with some room & the 4s were a pinch tight! God is smiling down on me this week! I'm sticking to my strength training with a very rigorous ab routine, so by April, the 4's should be just perfect.

I want to enjoy this & not constantly strive for more. I'm giving myself 3 more lbs to try & tackle but that's purely for wiggle room. I'm feeling confident, sexy & happy at 135. And that's what matters the most

Last edited by MaddieBPhoto; 02-20-2013 at 07:20 PM.
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

summerkate: yeah i know... i dunno wtf is wrong. gah! oh, and i understand how you feel... i hate logging in calories! but your fitness pal should help you good luck! and well done for resisting the chocolates at work!

scarlet: man, you should be a role model for me!! my weight isn't really moving either, and it's really depressing me... but seeing you see the positive in maintaining like that makes me feel like i should have the same attitude! good luck with your studies!

themilesawaygirl: good luck! and welcome!

pinkhurricane: yeah, i find having reasonable goals are much better... if you lose more, than yay! but you don't feel disappointed for not reaching a really crazy goal you set up for yourself...

MusicalAstronaut: oh man... so lame about the batteries being dead!!! but still, you got a loss, which is good!

runthecontinent: hope you feel better! and i understand the frustration of an unmoving scale... gah!

MaddieB: do they really? didn't know that... and yeah, i was being a bit crazy, haha. though i'm not losing and i dunno why so it's frustrating! congratulations to you though! you look great and it must be an awesome feeling to know you're "there"! F21 dresses are super-cute... yay for an M! well done!!

hey guys! scale remains unmoving and even went up this morning so i'm especially cranky. i think, however, that it might be due to this unscheduled period that apparently started yesterday. i am just baffled as i am on the pill and in the middle of my cycle. what the heck. but hopefully it'll pass, and so will this stupid plateau/gain. gah.

I'm also gonna be attempting workout 3 of BR today, so i'm a bit scared!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote