Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178.4/163.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Advice- starting my journey.

Hey there. Today is day four of this journey on Medifast.
I'm not sure that I'm losing anything yet. I am 5'2" and 174. I was told by my counselor that I could lose 35lbs by Aug 22. I'm super excited by this prospect!

I also feel super bloated/gassy. Is that normal? I'm doing 2 L&G ( breakfast and dinner) and 4 MF meals. The MF meals for lunch are super small ( mac&cheese/ sloppy joes) so I add veggies from my L&G options.

It seems too good to be true, but reading thru these posts seems like its not.
Advice? Tips?

Last edited by ChubbyChef; 04-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.
ChubbyChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Welcome! Your just about the same size as me (5'2, sw 172), I'm on day 8 and I've lost 10 pounds so far. I am pretty gassy, still, and it sucks but...10 pounds. The medifast meals weren't enough for me those first few days...I was super hungry, but now they fill me up, I'm never hungry until it's just about time to eat! I didn't believe it would happen, but it did!

As long as your not going over your daily L&G portion, it's fine to split them (I just had a LONG talk with my coach about this yesterday, the portions were too big and I wasn't finishing them, she said I had to...so I guess I'll split it today!) Are you exercising? That could be a reason your not losing...you shouldn't be starting any new routines and should cut current ones in half during the first 3 weeks. Otherwise, it sounds like your doing it right...stick with it a few more days and you should see results.

If you go on the medifast website where you log all your food, it will tell you exactly how many carbs and cals you had each day. I use that to help make sure I don't go over 100!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #3  

Thanks Andi!
Today was my first weight in... I lost 6.2 lbs!
I did cut back on my exercise but my coach said it was fine for me to start back again this week.
I hope that next Monday is like this week... A big loss!

It's super nice to know that I have a person who is about the same size as me and is going they this too. Thanks for all your advice!

Lets DO this!
Wooohoooo!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Try some beano or something like Essential Enzymes to help with digestion. It is the sugar substitutes that are hard on the GI tract.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: pre-baby 150/195/145

Height: 5'4

I am starting today and I'm doing really good with the water mostly because I need it to get the food down.
I had the Carmel bar in am and that was horrible
I had the chili cheese puffs and those were really hard to get down too. Both the products were very hard and try so the water is needed. I got a probiotic and I also got gas x in a dissolvable strip so I can take it discretely
I am very motivated to do it and need to just keep my head in the game!!
tawnyalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Woohoo chubbychef! 6.2 is AWESOME! Ive been walking about 2 miles a day, leisurely because I'm pushing toddlers, but the other day I played baseball with a group of 7 year olds and I way overdid myself. I felt nauseous and exhausted for hours, and I ate an extra meal to make up the calories. I felt the same way when I took my walk at a faster pace pushing a 75 pound stroller on a windy day, and I could barely get the kids lunch and down for a nap. Both were things I was used to before starting medifast. So just be conscious of your new calorie intake, and don't overdo it.

Tawnyalee, welcome! You started out with 2 of my least favorites... I eat the caramel bar, but I'm almost out and I won't order any more. Every other kind I've tried are pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the puffs either, the pretzels are great though, give those a try!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #7  

It's almost the end of week two and I'm having trouble eating all my dinner L&G. I feel like its just too much food! Funny, bc when I started I thought it was t enough... WOW!
Also, I am sooooo bloaty feeling and gassy. Someone suggested I stop the bars as snacks bc they have sugar alcohols in them and create gas.
I'm going to get some liquid Beano and add some to my
Meals.
Any suggestions for other snacks that don't create gas?
Tired of dealing with it. ��